Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Krev

Easton Mako Skates

Mine are ordered !!!

I have been a long time MLX user, and have refrained from writing anything here about them because of the fiasco with their employees postings. I have to say that once you get used to the MLX, and now I assume Easton skates you will not want to go back to conventional skates ever. I recently heated and tried on a pair of CCM U+ CL skates, and could not believe how boxy they felt after heating. There is no other way to describe it for me, the skates may have conformed slightly to my feet, but it does not even come close to the customization you could recieve with these MLX inspired skates. Range of motion is another area you will not believe. The cutaway, and flexible tendon gaurd is something you won't believe you lived without after using it. Lastly I have taken some major slapshots off the skates, and never felt a thing, they are ultra protective. Hopefully the Eastons continue, and refine this technology because it has been really good in use.

Very excited to check these out....

I saw a pair on ice last night 14 year old in MN, happened also to have the Orange blacked out. The heel is quite bright but they looked good blacked out. I watched him skate, he is a good skater normally but he really looked like he was edging deeper and smoother than many on power turns. The skate is noticable on the ice.

Mine are ordered !!!

I have been a long time MLX user, and have refrained from writing anything here about them because of the fiasco with their employees postings. I have to say that once you get used to the MLX, and now I assume Easton skates you will not want to go back to conventional skates ever. I recently heated and tried on a pair of CCM U+ CL skates, and could not believe how boxy they felt after heating. There is no other way to describe it for me, the skates may have conformed slightly to my feet, but it does not even come close to the customization you could recieve with these MLX inspired skates. Range of motion is another area you will not believe. The cutaway, and flexible tendon gaurd is something you won't believe you lived without after using it. Lastly I have taken some major slapshots off the skates, and never felt a thing, they are ultra protective. Hopefully the Eastons continue, and refine this technology because it has been really good in use.

Very excited to check these out....

I couldn't agree with you more...

I think they're a bit ugly too, but I could really care less if the fit and performance work for me. These skates really intrigue me, first skates in quite awhile that are making me seriously consider replacing my current pair, I love the idea of a skate that focuses on maximizing your range of motion. It'll all depend on the fit, though.

I feel the same. Skating in Graf after Bauer was an fit and performance improvement for me that I didn't know was possible. Skating in the 703 instead of the 705 was a further improvement. I loved the Grafs especially for their decreased stiffness and lower cut. They worked so much better. The Mako concept is what I hoped for to improve even on my feel in 703's. The only thing is, I like to tape the tendon guard for tighter turning, and I'm not sure how this would work out on Mako's wishboney tendon piece, it seems like it might even be an improvement over other tendon guard shapes.

I feel the same. Skating in Graf after Bauer was an fit and performance improvement for me that I didn't know was possible. Skating in the 703 instead of the 705 was a further improvement. I loved the Grafs especially for their decreased stiffness and lower cut. They worked so much better. The Mako concept is what I hoped for to improve even on my feel in 703's. The only thing is, I like to tape the tendon guard for tighter turning, and I'm not sure how this would work out on Mako's wishboney tendon piece, it seems like it might even be an improvement over other tendon guard shapes.

Doesn't seem to be a problem for Gonchar.

226091_4457144985794_392801034_n.jpg

2390.jpg

I'm really interested in the mako skates but are these built to fit most foot types or only being marketed that way similar to the ccm ufoam?

In the promo video it shows them heating the skate with a heat gun, which makes me assume they will be really moldable but will there a special baking oven to replicate the heat of a direct heat gun?

I'm not very familiar with the mlx skate so that's why I'm not sure if this is just marketing hype of the new skate line...

I'm really interested in the mako skates but are these built to fit most foot types or only being marketed that way similar to the ccm ufoam?

In the promo video it shows them heating the skate with a heat gun, which makes me assume they will be really moldable but will there a special baking oven to replicate the heat of a direct heat gun?

I'm not very familiar with the mlx skate so that's why I'm not sure if this is just marketing hype of the new skate line...

I am not trying to further any hype, I will just give you my experience with my MLX's. With those, you heated them in a standard oven for 16 minutes. They came out soft, and pliable. Not like a CCM, or Bauer skate that moves a little when heated, but really soft and flexible.You put them on, and when they cool they are identical to your foot shape.Every imperfection in your foot is molded into the skate. As such I don't think there is a set "type" the boot is made for, since the molding will accomodate a lot of shapes. Where they may have a problem is depth, and instep height. The one common theme with MLX users was "it was the most comfortable skate", or "they felt like slippers". I think that is because it conforms to your foot, not your foot conforming to the boot. I am not sure everyone will love the skate, but for me the MLX was the best skate I ever owned, by a long ways...

The MLX boots were also not available in wider widths. Those had to be custom made. The Mako skate is available in wider widths, so I imagine it will fit a broader range of people this time around.

As such I don't think there is a set "type" the boot is made for, since the molding will accomodate a lot of shapes.

That is false; of course there is a set type - the boot has a shape, doesn't it?

That was the most misleading statement made when those skates were around.

There is no "one skate fits all" out there. Sorry.

That is false; of course there is a set type - the boot has a shape, doesn't it?

That was the most misleading statement made when those skates were around.

True enough, I haven't found many people not enjoying this skate, so I still believe they deserve to be well rated as I see many non-corrupted people swear by them, and I'm one of them.

I wish I had known that right away when I started playing. Graf 703's fit me much better than anything else I've tried. I have flipper feet, where the instep is so shallow that most of my shoes look zipped up rather than tied with laces because the average volume for my foot length must be quite a bit higher. From the sound of the shallowness of the MLX boots, I may have really liked those.

True enough, I haven't found many people not enjoying this skate, so I still believe they deserve to be well rated as I see many non-corrupted people swear by them, and I'm one of them.

There were a lot of people that had width problems with the skates. Then again, I also recall people wearing the wrong size skates and saying how great the fit was with them. Again, it was a good concept, people were mixing up marketing with fact.

I was able to manipulate mine to accomodate flat feet, and stretched the width a bit with little difficulty. Guys who are able to wear most retail skates after heating should find these workable.

Back when the 1500C was the new skate, I was very skeptical about Easton skates. Obviously the durability is still an issue.

However a local shop owner had a demo pair in 8D which happened to fit me perfectly. I'm wondering will shops be getting Demo Makos? I'm very interested in getting a pair of these on my feet.

Will there be a way to determine correct size similar to what MLX did by tracing your foot?

Yeah, how it's been done for years, using a measuring device like a Brannock or stick.

The only reason why you had to trace your foot for MLX is because they didn't have such a device, because it wasn't sold in stores.

• Like 1

This kid does decent reviews. Here with the Mako he states that they run wide in the forefoot and got a D even tho he uses EE usually (I would guess he was informed by Easton). Not good if its the case, starting to get tired of the width of my S17, making another wide skate does not really help with negative place as they try to eliminate it.

^ That guys skating videos are fantastic. VERY helpful. (though his editing skills leave something to be desired - often repeating himself despite an edit)

These things look friggin fantastic.