Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Boz

Bags bags BAGS!

Gonna jump in on the bag thread becuase I've become a bit of a bag whore over the years.

I always went for pockets and organization because I'm a bit OCD. Then went to wheeled ones and I've had a ton of them. I had the Easton SYnergy, Stealth, S19, Warrior (the one with the end and side pockets), Sher-Wood and some others.

Some were better than others but essentially all, other than durability, were kind of the same concept. End pockets, side external skate pockets and maybe some other bells or whistles. After a while I got sick of the pull wheel bags - they always tippied over. I hate that!!! That brought me to the Bauer Vapor carry bag. Again, pockets but this time with a strap. Great bag and I found carrying was easier then rolling. I was hooked!!

Then I found it.... the holy grail of bags. The bag I had long lusted for.... a new York Ranger bag right from the locker room! Dubinsky's bag!!! My favorite ranger (enter weeping noises for trade here....)! I spent an obscene amount of money and bought it.

The bag is made by Easton, has internal skate pockets and thats it!!! I use two AR mesh laundry bags as organizers and the cavernous, tough, durable nylon swallows up everything else. This is it for me!!! The last bag!!!

In the end I found that simpler is easier (especially if you totally love the bag and have a weird psychotic connection to it). Lightweight, simple, big and durable. Just like me - except fo the lightweight part!!!

He just about summed it up!!!

What make is your bag? It looks a lot like if not identical to my TPS Pro bag I bought over 10 years ago that is still holding up strong, zippers and all. I have not bought another bag since, talk about value. I don't know its dimensions but I bought it because it's so big that I don't have to organize any of my gear to fit, just chuck it all in and go.

lpl_11_bag_black__67288_thumb.jpgGot this bag about 6 years ago and it's still going strong. The rubber corners are starting to chip but that's all. I put a piece of old green astroturf in there for the bottom so I can see since it's such a cavern

stats are:

1000 Denier Cordura nylon

Welted seams for added durability

Heavy duty 10" zippers

Reinforced bottom with vent grommets

SIZE: 32" x 20" x 18"

What make is your bag? It looks a lot like if not identical to my TPS Pro bag I bought over 10 years ago that is still holding up strong, zippers and all. I have not bought another bag since, talk about value. I don't know its dimensions but I bought it because it's so big that I don't have to organize any of my gear to fit, just chuck it all in and go.

All I know is it is an Eagle bag. Don't know if it's the same make up as Marcelo quoted but the thing so far has been bombproof.

Your bag would have been made by Aspire in China.

I'm thinking of getting the Warrior Pro Bag, made from 1000 denier polyvinyl. Is this material durable? My other concern is the dimensions, at 32",20",15" it's smaller than most of the bags mentioned here. I'm getting it for $45 so I'm definitely taking that into consideration too.

To me that's the perfect size bag. Big enough to carry all your gear, yet easy to lug in and out of the rink while fitting in the trunk of your car,

I have the Bauer team carry bag and the dimensions are similar. Perfect. I have medium pads, 15" shins and I can fit two pairs of gloves. In and out of my Mini Clubman without hassle. I too wanted a smaller bag and this fits the bill.

I'm thinking of getting the Warrior Pro Bag, made from 1000 denier polyvinyl. Is this material durable? My other concern is the dimensions, at 32",20",15" it's smaller than most of the bags mentioned here. I'm getting it for $45 so I'm definitely taking that into consideration too.

I won this bag last winterfest, love it. Its been very durable so far, but is only been about a year. Ive been holding onto my reebok bag for some time now as I had the same concerns at first, but now may comfortably unload it.

another vote for this bag. I went to it back in May after using a standard Koho bag for 10 years. I not only have room for everything that used to fit in my old bag but there's even more "extra" room so my zippers aren't bursting at the seams.

like the above poster said, don't let the dimensions fool you. I find it to be the perfect length for the locker room. I'm no longer spilling over into the next stall or having to flip my bag vertically when it's crowded. my only complaint is that there's not a strap holder to keep the straps together when I'm carrying it and the one strap kept sliding off my shoulder. I fixed that problem though with a velcro luggage grip.

I just switched from a Bauer Vapor Carry Bag that I loved the giant size, the end pockets, & the skate pocket but the liner flaking off over all my gear after about 1.5 years of use just got to be too much (i used it for about of year of constantly shaking flakes off my gear & out of the bag). So far, even though the Warrior Covert Carry Bag is a bit smaller & lacks the skate pocket, I can still get all my gear in - including my skates in the main compartment & the end pockets have some mesh pockets to help organize stuff too. Tonight will only be my second game using it, but I'm hoping it holds up & the liner doesn't start flaking off. Also, this is not important when it comes to a bag's functionality, but I love the bright blue color they used on the bag too.

I had an Eagle Bag like the one above in the thread for quite a few years and it held up great. However I had to retire it. I noticed that when it began to breakdown it snowballed and brokedown hard and fast.

However, with the help of a Chadd and JunkyardAthletic I was able to pick up what i thnk is the most perfect pro bag in everway. Tuff, light, roomy and with a little bit of flash... Thanks for your help guys...

I have an Easton EQ40 from a few years back, it has one large compartment, and a side zippered compartment (usually store my freshly washed jersey/jock/undershirt in it), and one more zippered compartment on the long side of the bag. That long compartment has mesh along the top which tears if you look at it wrong. I almost forgot, there is a mesh pouch on one end of the bag that I keep my tape and wax in, it too tears very easily. I have used a lot of Gorilla Tape on it.

I had an Eagle Bag like the one above in the thread for quite a few years and it held up great. However I had to retire it. I noticed that when it began to breakdown it snowballed and brokedown hard and fast.

However, with the help of a Chadd and JunkyardAthletic I was able to pick up what i thnk is the most perfect pro bag in everway. Tuff, light, roomy and with a little bit of flash... Thanks for your help guys...

I'm glad he was able to help you out. Every one of his products that I have used has been top notch

I saw a CDN$70 Sherwood backpack bag with wheels at Costco today. I'm thinking of getting it. Anybody else use this kind of bag, and any problems with them?

I'm worried that this one has an inner liner that might separate from the outer nylon.

Any feedback on these Graf bags? . Http://grafcanada.com/product-lineup/bags/supra-g45-basic-locker-bag/ a couple places here are letting them go for cheap and my old backpack bag (ill miss having a backpack Tbh) is ripping at the seams and is a little too small anyway. Even thinking of doing the obnoxious yellow so it's easier to find things in and in the locker room.

The worst I ever had was a "gear" brand bag from Hockey Giant. I think the skate pocket zippers were broken before I even managed to get them closed once.

One of the local dollar stores had bound carpet remnants for sale a year or so ago. I bought a couple of them and keep one in my bag at all times.

it's funny bc my current bag is one of those $30 gear backpack bags, mine later for 8 hears and is just ripping now. Me and my friend got them and his went before mine due to higher use and mine is just going now as the studying is going on the bottom. Wish I had another new one just a little bigger.

Just bought my son a $69 Bauer bag, and we are very impressed. Not as big of nice as my Junkyard MSH bag, but it is a HUGE improvement over the Reebok 18K backpack we bought this fall. This new bag will last and is way easier to throw in the trunk.

BTPBM-BK-1.jpg

Any feedback on these Graf bags? . Http://grafcanada.com/product-lineup/bags/supra-g45-basic-locker-bag/ a couple places here are letting them go for cheap and my old backpack bag (ill miss having a backpack Tbh) is ripping at the seams and is a little too small anyway. Even thinking of doing the obnoxious yellow so it's easier to find things in and in the locker room.

it's funny bc my current bag is one of those $30 gear backpack bags, mine later for 8 hears and is just ripping now. Me and my friend got them and his went before mine due to higher use and mine is just going now as the studying is going on the bottom. Wish I had another new one just a little bigger.

Funny, I just bought one of those and used it for the first time this week (I went red/black). As I don't have long term use, I can't say how it'll hold up, but so far it's fine. I liked that it has separate pockets for skates, and it has a small pocket inside for small items (I put my tape and mouthguard in there). For the price, I don't know that it can be beat. Plenty big enough for all my gear too (mixture of M/L stuff).

Funny, I just bought one of those and used it for the first time this week (I went red/black). As I don't have long term use, I can't say how it'll hold up, but so far it's fine. I liked that it has separate pockets for skates, and it has a small pocket inside for small items (I put my tape and mouthguard in there). For the price, I don't know that it can be beat. Plenty big enough for all my gear too (mixture of M/L stuff).

The price is right at about $30 bucks on hockey monkey so I went with one. There is also another bag I will be purchasing to compare the two and do reviews on both.

I use this bag but in the junior size or second from junior. can't remember which one just not the big one.

2013_Bauer_carrybag_blk_md.jpg

It's great because there's 5 separate pockets. 1 on each end which are fantastic because i'l keep my towel, clothes, bodywash and drinks on one side and on the other i'll put the jersey i'm wearing, socks, jock and anyother little thing i need. Then on the lid pocket i keep various things like gum, stick wax, visor towel. On the inside of the big pocket there's a small zippered pocket, i use it for scissors, tape, money and any other little things i have to store. Then my skates, shins, pants, elbows, helmet and gloves go in the big pocket all in a certain way. There is also a sleeve for a card holder on the outside as well.

A great feature of this bag is that the end compartments have dividers that are held down by velcro, if you need more room then you can just roll the dividers up and tie them into place and it creates a bigger compartment.

Had it for almost a year now and it holds up real well, but i'm generally pretty good with my stuff i don't throw it around or anything.

Personally i love pro stock bags but i hate the fact that there's no way to sort or organize what you're bringing with you. I hate looking in just one big mystery bag and hoping that i brought everything i need, this was i know what's supposed to go where so when i get to the rink i don't forget something super important like my jock or so. My buddy always chirps me cause 90% of my stuff is pro stock but i choose not to use a pro stock bag cause i like how i can keep my stuff organized and neat in the retail bags.

I bought the junior size cause it fits everything so well into a nice complete package, but in saying that i don't wear shoulders so you might want to go a little bigger if you gotta fit shoulders in it. I"m way too cool for shoulder pads. :)

just kidding.

The Warrior Covert bag is a nice compromise between a regular carry bag and a "pro-style" bag. Perfect size, ample compartments and the straps are long enough to carry over your shoulder.

I have the same bag & its a great one - I like the bright blue color on it too. I have to work a bit to get all my gear inside, but I probably carry more crap than necessary in my bag just in case I need anything. It also fits well inside my Camry's trunk, which is key.

WCVCB-BBS-1.jpg