Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jds

Explosions at finish of Boston Marathon-3 dead/170+ injured

not to say its not a possibility, but if I had to count the number of people I knew on rooftops near copley today for the marathon I'd probably need to take off my shoes, too. very common for the neighborhood for people to be up there.

It isn't common to be by yourself on said rooftop. That is fishy.

My best friend just texted me that thirty minutes earlier he was standing right next to where the first bomb exploded, but fortunately all his runner friends ran fast enough for them to have left the area. I didn't ask him if he heard any of the commotion, but he told me it's scary to think how bad it could have been.

Hope my fellow New Englanders are safe and sound. This has to stop, I don't know how but the killing of innocent civilians has got to end.

The national anthem sounded a little louder than usual at the Chicago game yesterday. The boston marathon isnt just a boston event, this effects everybody and its nice to see the moments of silence around the various sporting events yesterday and the little things players of the teams did to support. Hope everybody is well and those affected direcly or indirectly get the help that they need. Hope all my fellow boston modsquad'rs are ok.

Very sketchy indeed. Could be nothing but you never know...

Great Google doc that I can't seem to pull up again but pass this on to people who might need a place to stay that is stuck in Boston.

http://t.co/oV2Mpam3Wf

Also this picture shows something a little sketchy. I'm not saying I believe this was the suspect but it's a odd place to be located when shit hits the fan.

BH66ST4CAAEA71w.jpg

ok here, Office is open today. Our offices in Copley are closed. hopefully everyone in the modsquad family are safe and sound. Has anyone heard from tom aka mojo?

Yes, he was working the event, but responded to a text from JR. I'm sure he's going to be busy for the next few days, though.

Pretty overwhelmed with everything that happened and is still going on right now. Thank you all for your concern and for your thoughts and prayers to the victims and all those affected by yesterday's horrific attack. MSH is a tightknit community that I’m proud to be a part of.

Wow, crazy stuff been going on all night. The two suspects had an altercation with MIT police that left one officer dead.

Now one of the suspects is dead, the other is being chased by a gazillion cops. Huge gunfight, explosives everywhere. Wow.

Live coverage here for anyone who may be awake: http://livewire.wcvb.com/Event/117th_Running_of_Boston_Marathon

They were stupid and didn't leave the area.

And forgot about the tons of cameras in the area. Still, I'm impressed with how the authorities scanned all the photos to identify two suspects by name especially at a such a crowded scened packed with lots of tourists. Or maybe I'm just naive and should be my plans to knock over the bank down the street oh hold :)

Turns out the guy in that photo showing him with his legs blown off being raced away in a wheelchair, helped id one suspect. He said, the guy looked right at him,dropped a bag at his feet and walked away.

I think they planned to do more but the photos forced their hand. The fact that the second is hiding again makes me think blaze of glory wasn't the plan.

A lot of backlash over CNN commentating that the attackers wanted to go out 'in a blaze of glory' with many stating that there is nothing 'glorious' about any of this and that CNN should relax and stop sensationalizing.

While I REALLY cannot say if 'martyrdom' is the right word to use in this context, is that not what these commentators are making them appear to be? If an end-goal for the attackers involved some sort of recognition or 'martyrdom' status, then mission accomplished?

My dogwalking client told me to take the day off today. Very quiet for the middle of the day during vacation week. Just birds and occasional sirens.

The media is in rare form today, lots of activity, not a ton to report, but they have to keep talking...

If only they could realize that no, no they don't!!!!!

There are 48 other States...plus an entire rest of the world where "stuff" is happening. Surely they could cut to "regular programming" then, come back in 2-3, hell 4 hours from now...when there is actual news and something new to say.

The sidesplit screen with the 1 minute+ loop of the :15 second Texas explosion footage was an all time high for newscasting.