Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

Warrior Covert DT ST/LT Stick Lineup

How tacky or sticky is the grip?

From my experience the Covert sticks seem more tacky than the Dynasty ones. My Covert feels same tackiness as my Reebok sticks that I also use if that helps.

Is the flex about the same between the dt1lt and widow series. Also what are the main differences between old Gionta curve and the new yakupov

I will comment on this in a few days. I currently use a Gionta and just ordered a DT4 and DT1, both in W28.

Just based on looks and description, the Gionta is a pure toe curve, with a slightly open face (almost neutral I think) and the W28/E28 is a toe curve, but with a more open face. It's been described by Warrior as a mid-toe, so I'll have to verify that once the sticks come in. The pocket might be moved back a few millimeters or something toward the middle of the blade.

Is the flex about the same between the dt1lt and widow series. Also what are the main differences between old Gionta curve and the new yakupov

I've used the Gionta in the past and currently use True's version of the E28/W28 (very similar but True's has more of a kink than a gradual curve as has been pointed out on the board in the past.) The Gionta has less loft, less toe rocker and is a little bit lower of a lie. You can see a comparison photo of the Gionta and True TC3 curves (albeit not the greatest photo) here http://modsquadhockey.com/forums/index.php/topic/66112-true-a60-hellavaanguard/?p=1002665

Guys I've been wondering about the DTx LT series and if they still have that "no flex" zone when you cut? I have a diablo and just cut 2-2.5 inches off, and the flex didn't change, or barely any. I cut my DT4 LT the same amount, and it feels much stiffer now, to the point where I actually don't like it as much any more.

Did the DT/ST series lose this?

Any thoughts about the dt3 lt?

I'm not sure what flex I should go for, because I heard from some guys that it feels whippier than denoted on the stick, especially after some usage.

Usually I use 75, I'm wondering if I should bump up to 85, so it doesn't noodle on me during faceoffs and stickhandling. Problem is, I'm not that big (5'9", 160), so would have to cut about 6" from the 85 and it might be too stiff for me.

Any thoughts about the dt3 lt?

I'm not sure what flex I should go for, because I heard from some guys that it feels whippier than denoted on the stick, especially after some usage.

Usually I use 75, I'm wondering if I should bump up to 85, so it doesn't noodle on me during faceoffs and stickhandling. Problem is, I'm not that big (5'9", 160), so would have to cut about 6" from the 85 and it might be too stiff for me.

It doesn't feel whippier to me & I bought my usual 85 flex. I love the stick. I have used it for about a year playing 3-4 times a month most months & it has held up very well for a no slap shot defenseman or winger in a low level beer league. If I needed another stick, I would not hesitate to buy another DT3LT.

It doesn't feel whippier to me & I bought my usual 85 flex. I love the stick. I have used it for about a year playing 3-4 times a month most months & it has held up very well for a no slap shot defenseman or winger in a low level beer league. If I needed another stick, I would not hesitate to buy another DT3LT.

Thanks. Does it feel whippier now than when it was new?

Dt3lt is definitely a solid beer leaguer twig to use. at the price you can get one for nowadays, its one of the better buys for the money imo.

Thanks. Does it feel whippier now than when it was new?

Not that I can tell. I'm not hard on sticks though, I used an Easton UltraLite shaft for years when I played roller hockey. I've broken one blade & one shaft in like 4+ years of ice hockey - the blade got stepped on I think & the shaft lasted a long time after it was slashed down near the bottom. If you take a lot of slappers or are hard on shafts your mileage may vary.

Not that I can tell. I'm not hard on sticks though, I used an Easton UltraLite shaft for years when I played roller hockey. I've broken one blade & one shaft in like 4+ years of ice hockey - the blade got stepped on I think & the shaft lasted a long time after it was slashed down near the bottom. If you take a lot of slappers or are hard on shafts your mileage may vary.

Ok, thanks. Aside from faceoffs and the occasional slapper I'm not that hard on sticks either, only broke 2 in about 6+ years. So, I guess I go with 75flex and hope for the best

Just picked up an LT1 and took a few really hard slashes on the lower end of the shaft. At the moment I figured it was toast but upon further inspection on the bench it wasn't even chipped!

I know this is an old thread but looking to buy a new stick off hockeymonkey. I have been using the Warrior DT1 LT and they don't have any more with the flex and blade it use. So wondering if the DT3 is similar or will i notice the difference after playing with the top of the line version?

Also, what is the kovalchuck comparison in the new stick lines? It appears the zetterberg is the closest, but is slightly open and not closed. I don't see any more curves that are closed.

Thanks!

you will notice the weight difference especially in the blade and I think the DT1 was a true one piece so you will also feel a little different release. You are right about the curves. Zetterberg is the closest they have to the kovalchuck.

If i were you and used a Lefty I would spend a little extra and get the DT1...they have the 25% right now so its about $100.

Cool thanks.. I use a 75 Flex and hockey monkey doesn't have the Kovalchuck or Zetterberg in a 75 flex lefty in a DT1. Those are buy 1 get one free right now as well!

I bought 2 DT1LT at the beginning of this year. after about 20 ice times with each they seem to have gone "Whippy". Anyone else feel the same with warriors? Loved the stick when it was new, but now it feels like a noodle. Pucks jumping off the blade and no real pop on shots. No damage on either one, they just feel really whippy. Both are 85 flex. Any thoughts?

I wasn't asking for suggestions. I was wondering if anyone had the same experience with warrior sticks going whippy. Like myself I had two that didn't last 1 season of beer league.

I had horrible experiences with the DT1 model of sticks. They had major durability issues, especially in the blades.

Night and day compared to the Covert QR1, which has been an absolute tank.

2 hours ago, Pez68 said:

I had horrible experiences with the DT1 model of sticks. They had major durability issues, especially in the blades.

Night and day compared to the Covert QR1, which has been an absolute tank.

I wouldve not touched warrior sticks with a 10 foot pole years ago, i have wasted so much money  on their sticks (blade cracking), but i hear and see nothing but great things about the Qr1 / Qrl, i would not hesitate to buy one if the opportunity presents itself.

5 hours ago, Chip N Chase said:

I bought 2 DT1LT at the beginning of this year. after about 20 ice times with each they seem to have gone "Whippy". Anyone else feel the same with warriors? Loved the stick when it was new, but now it feels like a noodle. Pucks jumping off the blade and no real pop on shots. No damage on either one, they just feel really whippy. Both are 85 flex. Any thoughts?

As others have said in the re-birth of this thread, our sticks have come a very long way since QR1 and QRL lines released.  If you're looking for great sticks for the price/durability, check out the QRPro and QRLPro as well.  They are incredible performance sticks and have some added durability benefits we produce for CHL/NCAA/Pro teams in Europe.

It's actually great to see these improvements. All of the other manufacturers have taken a step back in durability, from what I've seen the last 6 months or so.