Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chadd

2013-2014 Gear Sightings

I believe that USA logo is of USA Hockey and isn't allowed to be used in the Olympic games. Same with Canadas logo.

Is that new?

Spoke to someone very much in the know. Burgeron is trying the product and both sides are speaking.

Purely speculation and probably coincidence, but I wonder if Chara has any influence here.

Ugly as sin.

The blue isn't nearly as bad, but that white jersey is hideous. Would have much rather seen these again

I must agree. the fake lacing and stars on the shoulders basically ruin these jerseys.

for you Canadians that are laughing beware, I'm sure y'all are next!

Purely speculation and probably coincidence, but I wonder if Chara has any influence here.

I'd be willing to bet it's more of the Warrior/New Balance HQ being in Boston than Chara telling Bergeron to use Warrior.

Is that new?

Since 2010. The IOC said that since the logos are property of the individual federations it falls under the ''logos/branding'' rule and not allowed. That's why you will see generic logos on jerseys that haven't been associated with the various countries before. They didn't have any issues with these logos in 2006. But now the Olympics are huge business, so..

Since when does Warrior put their word mark on the hosel? It's a new Easton

Iginla has also been trying a DT1LT during the off-season. I'm not sure if Bruins89 picture shows DT1LT though.

IMG_2438_zpsbc0963ae.png

Spoke to someone very much in the know. Burgeron is trying the product and both sides are speaking.

You'll have to tell me your source one day...I'm so curious. :smile:

Since 2010. The IOC said that since the logos are property of the individual federations it falls under the ''logos/branding'' rule and not allowed. That's why you will see generic logos on jerseys that haven't been associated with the various countries before. They didn't have any issues with these logos in 2006. But now the Olympics are huge business, so..

That's assinine. Why dont they say the same thing about the country flags, after all, they're the "branding" of each individual country. A logo for USA/Canada/Russia hockey is not the same thing as a logo for Bauer. The IOC is out of control.

That's assinine. Why dont they say the same thing about the country flags, after all, they're the "branding" of each individual country. A logo for USA/Canada/Russia hockey is not the same thing as a logo for Bauer. The IOC is out of control.

I hear ya. But at the end of the day USA Hockey/Hockey Canada/etc are businesses. Their specific logos are branding for their business, and the IOC doesn't want that logo representing the entire country. I'm just happy they haven't kill gear logos all together. We just have to deal with a mini-version.

This came up around the last Olympics too. It was the reason the US couldn't use the flag-waving S logo anymore and switched to simple block USA for the Vancouver unis. As for the new ones, if they would just get rid of the shoulder stars they'd actually be pretty nice.

Here are a few more shots.

Edit: Of the USA blues.

Kessel really bulking up this off-season, too bad it doesn't appear to be the result of countless hours at the gym.

Soccer teams in the Olympics fall under the same category.

The portraits really don't help that jersey out. I hate how the neck line is cut. The cross stitch reminds me of....princessbride1.jpg

Unrelated, that dude was in Liar Liar. I'm a big fan of Norway's jersey, simple and clean.

Unrelated, that dude was in Liar Liar. I'm a big fan of Norway's jersey, simple and clean.

Are you referring to the 2010 jersey or have they debuted their 2014 one? I've only seen USA and Russia so far.

Soccer teams in the Olympics fall under the same category.

Still doesnt make any sense. If its an organization that represents and runs the entire country's athletic program, business or not, its symbol (should the country want it) should be allowed to represent the country at the Olympics. If a country chooses X organization to run and be the face of its country's program, then it should be allowed to be the face of its country's program, regardless of the event.

Just my opinion. I think the IOC has been too big for its britches for some time and I cant stand the politics of the Olympics. Its too bad the countries dont have enough balls to stick it to the IOC and have everyone sit out a year of the games to prove a point.

Still doesnt make any sense. If its an organization that represents and runs the entire country's athletic program, business or not, its symbol (should the country want it) should be allowed to represent the country at the Olympics. If a country chooses X organization to run and be the face of its country's program, then it should be allowed to be the face of its country's program, regardless of the event.

Just my opinion. I think the IOC has been too big for its britches for some time and I cant stand the politics of the Olympics. Its too bad the countries dont have enough balls to stick it to the IOC and have everyone sit out a year of the games to prove a point.

Yeah, it'd be so awesome to see Team USA represented with a big CHASE BANK or Apple logo over the front of the jersey instead of "USA"

Except the idea of the Olympics is nation versus nation in sport. Kind of makes sense to use a nation's "branding".