Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EBondo

Bauer Experience store in Burlington, MA

Interesting, everyone I know here loves Target. Anyway, the bit about demoing their products sounds nice, but if given the choice I would still rather go to a regular hockey store that carries several different brands including Bauer.

targets as a whole are struggling, largely due to over ambitious expanding as well as how huge of a chunk expanding E-commerce is taking away from them with Amazon and the like. They just ended up not wanting to put the time and effort into turning around the Canadian stores with the US ones needing re-invention as well (hence the influx of fresh produce etc).

some big reasons why Target failed in Canada specifically was they purchased an old chain and inherited all its locations, many of which needed a lot of work, or in areas that didn't suit target well, as well as huge logistical issues of opening over 100 stores in an area you don't have a footprint in, all at once.

I was wondering if anyone knows anything more than the publication about the opening of the new Bauer Experience store in Burlington Ma and what is available for purchase there as well as buying options. I know they have a half rink to try stuff out but I'm mostly interested in sticks because I'm pretty much a Bauer guy. Can you order custom mybauer sticks there maybe? Maybe the different custom options to see and feel in store? Different flexes to see which one you'd want after trying it out etc? That would be SWEET! Maybe a Nexus 1N with candy cane tactile? 82 flex? P28? Yes please.

This year in Canada, we've had the closing of all the Target stores and the Future Shop stores either closing or re-branded under the Best Buy name. Interesting to see if there is room for a Bauer store.

Target's issues included assuming too many leases too quick, stock issues, poor purchasing decisions, no online store and ultimately not being able to bring the same US experience to Canadians. Future Shop's closing was inevitable. What was Future Shop good for if it was just competing against itself? Price matching?

I think this is a legitimate question here. So if your in the Bauer store and looking for skates......What if you have not worn Bauer before and want a comparison to your old brand? My understanding is the staff will be very well versed in Bauer but what about the comparisons to the others? I think that's were a Total Hockey or PHL store here in Canada (as far as box stores go) have a larger advantage. Am I wrong on that though?

the stores goal will be to place you in a Bauer skate that will "best" fit you. They will probably educate their employees on similar fits from other lines, and advise the staff on it, but overall, they want to place you in a Bauer skate. As a consumer, obviously for me the more choices I have, the better, but not everyone is going to feel that way, and this store is set to capitalize on their standing as the standard amongst hockey manufacturers. Alternatively, the Bauer store may have an extra advantage the others may or may not have, being the ability to carry more size/width combinations of the different skates on hand, and not having to deal with the issues that having so many different skates in stock can pose. Its not always easy for me to find my size in some hockey stores in a skate im interested in, let alone having different widths available as well.

In NYC, they better hurry up with the facility in the BX. If the market crashes, it's going to hault everything. Gonna take longer than the 2nd ave line to finish...which started in the 70's.

Don't hold your breath for Kingsbridge. They need $350mil secured by March 2016 before they can put a shovel to the ground. Own the Moment?

I think this is a legitimate question here. So if your in the Bauer store and looking for skates......What if you have not worn Bauer before and want a comparison to your old brand? My understanding is the staff will be very well versed in Bauer but what about the comparisons to the others? I think that's were a Total Hockey or PHL store here in Canada (as far as box stores go) have a larger advantage. Am I wrong on that though?

the stores goal will be to place you in a Bauer skate that will "best" fit you. They will probably educate their employees on similar fits from other lines, and advise the staff on it, but overall, they want to place you in a Bauer skate. As a consumer, obviously for me the more choices I have, the better, but not everyone is going to feel that way, and this store is set to capitalize on their standing as the standard amongst hockey manufacturers. Alternatively, the Bauer store may have an extra advantage the others may or may not have, being the ability to carry more size/width combinations of the different skates on hand, and not having to deal with the issues that having so many different skates in stock can pose. Its not always easy for me to find my size in some hockey stores in a skate im interested in, let alone having different widths available as well.

Disclaimer: I'm a total newb when it comes to equipment and my previous experience has been buying gear for my son up until now.

I was there this past weekend getting some skates. The girl that helped me seemed to know her stuff. I am totally oblivious to any of this except for what I have read. She seemed to know her stuff with regards to CCM skates and Graf (.which I had previously tried on) fits and they're respective fits. If that was training or just her own knowledge, I am not sure.

The others in the skate department were pretty in tune also. When they took players onto the ice to have them test drive their skates, they appeared to run them through a series of patterns to test them fully.

There were a couple employees that looked like general help and did some running and stocking. The guy in gloves knew his stuff and the same with the guy in the shooting area. He helped the few kids in there really test the stick they had chosen.

Like I said, take this from a guy who doesn't know much about the equipment.

Were the employees compartmentalized? Or were they knowledgeable in all areas and could help a customer throughout the process?

Perhaps Mojo can answer, he works there. (He prob was the guy in gloves because he's a glove whore. :wink: Anyway, they all attended training at Bauer. It'd be interesting to know if they were taught about other brands, I'm curious how they compare a Mako to any Bauer. I'd also like to know if they would ever tell a customer, sorry we don't have a skate that will work for you, or a helmet that will fit your head shape.

Visited the store for the first time today. The place is flat out incredible. Nice location, just a few minutes off I-95.

From the accounts I have heard from visitors (including a Pure Hockey employee and CCM rep) the Bauer store is more than adequately staffed. I seriously doubt the veracity of that review.

I think stores like that are more for gear heads. They may not necessarily buy at that store, but the "experience" part is what some people may go to do and shop elsewhere.

I think it's a pretty cool idea. I live in florida and have to drive an hour and a half towards Orlando to go to a proshop.

I think stores like that are more for gear heads. They may not necessarily buy at that store, but the "experience" part is what some people may go to do and shop elsewhere.

I think it's a pretty cool idea. I live in florida and have to drive an hour and a half towards Orlando to go to a proshop.

If they are there, they are going to buy there, just like the guy above who bought skates there instead of at his local store. Bauer is not stupid, they know certainly well they will be getting sales that normally would go to their dealers.