Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

20 hours ago, vectoranalysisgo said:

So I stumbled onto this thread since I'm shopping for insoles now, and I'm wondering if the guys who have been skating on these yet have any thoughts to share? 

I've actually had the old, original gray Superfeet (which were meant for hockey skates back when I bought them) for years, and they've held up great so I never bothered to buy the yellow ones. I assumed when the time came for new ones it would be an easy choice to replace them, but I just got new skates and want to get new insoles-- but with this added choice of the Carbon Pro, I'm wondering which way to go. In addition to the pros/cons of the Yellow vs. Carbon Pro, I'm also curious if you guys can help me understand how these both compare to the older gray version? Was the Yellow a direct replacement/evolution of the original gray? If not, what is different? If I really love the original gray ones, does that point to a choice of one or other (Yellow vs. Carbon Pro?)

I'm not a heavy skater, (160lbs), and I'm just a rec league player (2-3 times a week on average), but volume is always a concern for me (I've always been one of those people whose eyelets are always super far apart from each other) and while the gray Superfeet didn't give me any complaints (and helped me get a better heel lock), I don't want to tempt fate with something that people complain about adding volume, compared to an alternative.

Thoughts welcome... Thanks!

I just had my 1st skate in a pickup game last night with the Carbon Pro Hockey insoles. I had been using the Yellows for the past few months and really liked them. In comparing to the new Carbon Pros, the first thing I noticed is that they were more comfortable than the Yellows. Not sure if this is due to the slightly less volume and/or better cushioning? Maybe Sean can comment on the reason for this.

Second thing I noticed was a very noticeable improvement in skating possibly due to better edge control. As for speed and/or acceleration versus the Yellows, it was at least as good if not better. Just for reference, I am around 170 pounds with flat feet and use Bauer Vapor 160 skates. In summary, I felt a significant improvement in skating and comfort switching from Yellows to Carbon Pros. Your mileage may vary but I absolutely love them!

23 hours ago, vectoranalysisgo said:

So I stumbled onto this thread since I'm shopping for insoles now, and I'm wondering if the guys who have been skating on these yet have any thoughts to share? 

I've actually had the old, original gray Superfeet (which were meant for hockey skates back when I bought them) for years, and they've held up great so I never bothered to buy the yellow ones. I assumed when the time came for new ones it would be an easy choice to replace them, but I just got new skates and want to get new insoles-- but with this added choice of the Carbon Pro, I'm wondering which way to go. In addition to the pros/cons of the Yellow vs. Carbon Pro, I'm also curious if you guys can help me understand how these both compare to the older gray version? Was the Yellow a direct replacement/evolution of the original gray? If not, what is different? If I really love the original gray ones, does that point to a choice of one or other (Yellow vs. Carbon Pro?)

I'm not a heavy skater, (160lbs), and I'm just a rec league player (2-3 times a week on average), but volume is always a concern for me (I've always been one of those people whose eyelets are always super far apart from each other) and while the gray Superfeet didn't give me any complaints (and helped me get a better heel lock), I don't want to tempt fate with something that people complain about adding volume, compared to an alternative.

Thoughts welcome... Thanks!

If volume is a concern, the Pro Carbons will probably be the best option. They're marketed as a performance version of superfeet (11% better acceleration), while the yellows are more geared to comfort. That being said, if you think that the extra couple mm of depth between the 2 will make a difference (which it sounds like it will) then go with Pro carbons. Heel lock should be the same between the Pro carbons and the regular yellows. The best part is with the 60 day comfort guarantee, if the pro carbons don't feel great after a decent amount of ice times, you can take them back and get a pair of yellows instead. 

of course I just bought the original yellows like 2 weeks ago before I saw this thread or even knew they existed.  Wonder if amazon will take them back?

I just got the carbons and had my first skate. I find them more comfortable then the regular yellows. I feel on top of the edge a bit better and that could be due to the more solid footbed. i did not notice any height difference between the two. Nice product 

13 hours ago, jgold47 said:

of course I just bought the original yellows like 2 weeks ago before I saw this thread or even knew they existed.  Wonder if amazon will take them back?

Superfeet has a 60 day money back guarantee

• Like 1

I have a pair of these new carbon pro insoles waiting to go into my 2nd pair of VH skates. Both original VH skates and superfeet yellow have worked very well for me. I'll come back and update in a month or so...

• Like 2

I've been using mine for a few weeks and I am loving them.  I had the original superfeet yellow before and I feel like these more comfortable.

• Like 1

I picked these up about a month ago and so far I am liking them. I never used Yellow so i cant compare. But I definitely have more control. My heel stays locked in well and my foot feels snug.

• Like 1

I had a retail sales guy tell me that the Pro Carbon insole would be too stiff for my 13 and 10 year old sons and advised to stay with the yellow insoles for them. Does anyone have any thoughts or experience with fitting Pro Carbon insoles on younger players?

I have Bauer Apx2 skates and went to my LHS to get the Superfeet Yellows. They weren't in stock, so I got the Carbon's instead. I'm very pleased. First game in them, I had much better balance and edge control. The biggest thing for me was my backward skating... I had a noticeable improvement in my balance and ability to move laterally while going backwards, which is something that had suffered when I got my new Apx2s (just bought them 6 months ago). Very happy with these insoles.

15 hours ago, OrrSmith said:

I had a retail sales guy tell me that the Pro Carbon insole would be too stiff for my 13 and 10 year old sons and advised to stay with the yellow insoles for them. Does anyone have any thoughts or experience with fitting Pro Carbon insoles on younger players?

Do the 10-13 years old need any special insoles unless they have feet problems?

On 8/8/2016 at 0:40 AM, Kgbeast said:

Do the 10-13 years old need any special insoles unless they have feet problems?

They are flat footed but currently don't wear any special insoles. 

11 hours ago, OrrSmith said:

They are flat footed but currently don't wear any special insoles. 

That sucks... You need something that pushes their feet up in the arches to counter pronation. Carbon insoles are not intended to do that. Greens are the highest arch profile from Superfeet.  I think the sales rep was pointing you in the right direction. 

Obviously, it also would be good to go see a podiatrist doc so he can get you some pointers on what should be done. Other high arch insoles are available from Spenco and few others. Usually, they all cost in $45-$50 range. 

Edited by Kgbeast

1 hour ago, Kgbeast said:

That sucks... You need something that pushes their feet up in the arches to counter pronation. Carbon insoles are not intended to do that. Greens are the highest arch profile from Superfeet.  I think the sales rep was pointing you in the right direction. 

Obviously, it also would be good to go see a podiatrist doc so he can get you some pointers on what should be done. Other high arch insoles are available from Spenco and few others. Usually, they all cost in $45-$50 range. 

This is not necessary the case and often quite the opposite.  I've posted on this many times.  My son has very flat feet and superfeet killed him and exacerbated his pronation.  Is now 11 yr old and a very good, borderline AAA caliber skater.  No special insoles whatsoever.  Skating is not running, so, having something to "push their feet up in the arches" doesn't work in the same way it does with running because the ground reaction forces are different. 

Honestly, recommending "high arch" insoles for somebody with flat feet in skating is probably about the farthest thing from what you would want to do.  They will make most people in this category miserable.  High arch insoles in skating are for people with.... high arches...

So, my point is, special insoles may or may not be necessary, but they are certainly not necessary simply because the skater has flat feet.  Feel free to search my earlier posts on the matter, I've commented quite extensively on it. 

• Like 2

On 8/9/2016 at 1:58 PM, Kgbeast said:

Do not get Greens for your skates - they'll never fit as they're not compatible with skates. 

I just purchased (stole them really) nos gray Superfeet insoles for my sons junior skates. He really likes them. I don't know anything about Superfeet until following this thread.

Hi,

I've been skating on new x900 skates for the past few weeks now and I've been experiencing a pain in my arch where they almost feel "stretched out". Would the carbons help with this issue? I believe I have a mid arch

Just put the carbons into my new super Tacks, tough to say if they had an impact as this was only my second time in the Suoer Tacks but the good part was that I don't notice the Suoerfeet at all. No pain, discomfort, etc. No added fatigue either while skating in them which I had sometimes noticed previously.

I'm coming from custom Superfeet which I'm going to rotate in with the new Super Tacks so it should be interesting to see after mixing those in.

I've skated in custom SuperFeet in the past and really like them so I'd be interested to know how the carbon's compare to custom's after you skate in them for a while.

I Get a discount on superfeet products, including the yellows, but of course it doesnt apply to the new Carbon's.  I'm really tempted to get a new pair especially if there is a MM of volume to gain, but man, another 60 bucks, the wife is going to kill me.  Time to sell some stuff!

18 minutes ago, bgspillz said:

Just so I'm 100% these are sized to shoe size correct? My CCM Ribcore skate size is 7.5 but my shoe size is 9.5. I should get size "E" 9.5 to 11?

Yes.  Use your U.S. shoe size as the base.  You would get the size "E" Superfeet Carbon if your U.S. shoe size is a 9.5.

I just picked up a pair today. I put them inside my skates and it seems I lost a tiny bit of volume. I was using Superfeet Yellow before these. I haven't tried them on the ice yet, hopefully tomorrow, but from wearing my skates inside the house with these, they feel different from the Yellow.