Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dangles83

Jock/Cup Help

I cannot seem to find a jock/cup that fits well. I'm CONSTANTLY adjusting it during the game as it seems to wedge itself too far between my legs. I have had a Shock Doctor compression jock and am now in the Bauer 37.5, but still the same results. Anyone have any favorites that offer good coverage and a good fit?

I recently had to buy a new one. I have a CCM RBZ 150 roller girdle (built in cup) and the straps started to tear. I bought a shock doctor aircore hard cup/jock to wear underneath it and it's absolutely the most comfortable I've ever been wearing a cup in my life. The cup itself is on the small side, so buy a size up from what you normally wear.

Shock Doctor cup in Bauer jock shorts. The kind where the jock goes on the inside tight against your body. Hate any jock short where it goes on the outside.

8 hours ago, Dangles83 said:

Looks good, looking for the combo version with the garter, but can only find OUT of the US. 

If you find a garter you could harvest them from, you could just sew them onto the plain one, or have someone else do that for you.

5 hours ago, vinprun71 said:

Shock Doctor 273 all the way. Best thing I've bought recently. Hard to find, but it was worth my deep digging.

Which cup did you use; looks like most come without cup?

On 5/27/2016 at 8:10 AM, Monty22 said:

I wear one of these over a pair of underarmor compression jock shorts , by far the most comfortable jock I've owned.

http://www.icewarehouse.com/CCM_Pro_Supporter_Hockey_Jock_Strap_Sr/descpage-CPJSS.html 

I had to adjust prior to each shift too, prior to wearing the Reebok 10K Pro, which I think is the same as this here. 

7 hours ago, Cosmic said:

I had to adjust prior to each shift too, prior to wearing the Reebok 10K Pro, which I think is the same as this here. 

Yes, it's the same cup shape just different/updated graphics.

It looks like they may have updated the fabric, as well? Mine is just old school cotton seems similar to old school tighty whitey material, but the CCM looks more UA mesh'ish (would not make a huge difference, but any lightness/ air flow improvement for $17.99 I will snag (since I can use a 2nd cup anyway)

The nutty buddy hockey package is by far the best setup I've used. Unlike all other cups, legit. Zero rubbing, unique design sits off the body, but superior protection. I go through a compression short part about every 100-150 skates (maybe once a year), but still on the same cup. Check out reviews..

1 hour ago, SydNap said:

The nutty buddy hockey package is by far the best setup I've used. Unlike all other cups, legit. Zero rubbing, unique design sits off the body, but superior protection. I go through a compression short part about every 100-150 skates (maybe once a year), but still on the same cup. Check out reviews..

This.  I use a Nutty Buddy cup in a Bauer 37.5 compression short.  Comfortable as hell.

On 5/27/2016 at 9:26 PM, Dangles83 said:

Looks good, looking for the combo version with the garter, but can only find OUT of the US. 

I got the one with the garter and I love it. Keep an eye on ebay. There's some up there now but they're silly expensive. I got mine alooooot cheaper than that.

On 5/27/2016 at 5:14 PM, Dangles83 said:

Which cup did you use; looks like most come without cup?

I had a pair of Bauer Core jock shorts previously. I hated the cup on the outside, as it shifted all the time. I simply used that cup and put them in the 273.  It fits well and doesn't move around. I grabbed a cheap pair of compression shorts from Target and then put the 273 over the top of them. Works great!

+1 for the CCM Pro jock. I was using a shock doctor and kept having to make adjustments, and never really felt nearly as comfortable as the CCM one. I'm also looking for a garter combo version if anyone is able to find them cheaper than the $75 ones floating around on eBay.

I ordered the CCM (10K) garter combo (from Germany) - hopefully it will be the jock I've been searching for! It will be a real treat not to have to rearrange the junk every friggin shift!

Bauer SR Garter Belt

I bought one of these when I bought my CCM Pro jock, cut the straps/snaps off, and sewed them on to the belt of the jock. It is exactly the same as the Reebok 10K garter/jock combo that it replaced. It also ends up being MUCH less expensive than the real thing shipped from Europe.