Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

those were a lower spec version of the ones fedorov wore. the zoom air elites were the ones he used, like these beauties:

I'm almost positive mine are the zoom air elites. I believe they came out one year prior to the ones you have pictured...

those were a lower spec version of the ones fedorov wore. the zoom air elites were the ones he used, like these beauties:

I'm almost positive mine are the zoom air elites. I believe they came out one year prior to the ones you have pictured...

Maybe they are, but if remember correctly, Nike made a bunch of skates that looked like that, and the easiest way to tell if they were zoom air elites were by the extra stitching on the boot and solid white custom +'s like on mine.

Maybe they are, but if remember correctly, Nike made a bunch of skates that looked like that, and the easiest way to tell if they were zoom air elites were by the extra stitching on the boot and solid white custom +'s like on mine.

How heavy are they? Ive heard they were bricks, but i always wanted a pair.

Your right about there being a bunch of similar ones. Yours are the updated ones to mine. And the cheaper ones that look similar which you are referring to were made in Malaysia or China. The higher end ones were made in Canada. Otherwise they are somewhat hard to differentiate. Also the higher end ones had Zoom Air gel packs in the ankles where the cheaper ones were regular stuffing type padding.

In terms of weight, I wouldn't call them bricks, but they are heavier than current Vapors and such. The best comparison I could give you is that they are a bit lighter than a high end roller hockey skate...

3342684042_0be4b225f5.jpg

size 8E, if any one is interested in acquiring them

How much, PM me i might be interested actually.

Be nice, im not rich :)

brick-like does come to mine, especially considering I use 40s. But I guess if they are your everyday skate, then you get used to them.

awesome skates.....off Daoust mold.....love how they used Air Jordan XIII reflective material

Thanks! And didn't realize they used the same material as Air Jordan's. Pretty cool :D What did you mean that they are off of the Daoust mold?

I take it they aren't really purple then?

And no they're not even close to purple. That picture does have a slight hue to it, but in person they are black and when they reflect light they glisten/shine.

I'm actually selling mine too if anyone is interested. Obviously I don't play ice considering the skates are in like new condition. Size 11.5D PM me if interested!

Thanks! And didn't realize they used the same material as Air Jordan's. Pretty cool :D What did you mean that they are off of the Daoust mold?

I think he means that they used the last/shape of the discontinued Daoust skates (the ones Gretz wore for years) as a basis for the design of the first series of nike boots.

Edited by matix218

I think he means that they used the last/shape of the discontinued Daoust skates (the ones Gretz wore for years) as a basis for the design of the first series of nike boots.

Thanks for that. I missed what he meant there :D

"Just got these beauties in. Pro stock 8k 16"."

Did you get those off ebay?

I was bidding on those too!!!! LOL

D'oh!!!

Man they look nice.....

Did get them off ebay, but used the BIN price, so there was no bidding.

Dont blame me. :P

Just picked these up last Saturday. Best skates I have ever used, period. After Supreme 70s, G35's and Pro Tacks, I've finally found the best skate for me. I couldn't be happier.

CCM Vector 08 - 8E

I forgot to turn one of the skates to show the logo on the holders - they are Epros.

P1000244.jpg

I'm a little worried about durability though :unsure:

They are sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet skates!

Edited by Alan

i can agree v08s are nice. I have a pair, got them in the states when i was down there about two months ago. I skate about twice a week and i'm loving them and there holding up great. enjoy and hopefully you have no durability promlems. My first high endish skate.

I've had my v08's for roughly 6 months. I have loved them, but am now in need of new skates. I guess i blocked a shot with these (dont remember feeling one that could do this much damage but oh well). It is cracked completely through, shattered i guess would be a more accurate word, and lost all stiffness in that area as some pieces have cracked completely free of the boot. But i still am very much considering getting another pair of v08's.

here is the crack(s)

th_cb2.jpg

Edited by Race4LastPlace

Here is about 10% of my collection, but here goes:

MyGear.jpg

I did forget the shins, but they're airing out outside. I'm getting new Bauer shins in April.