Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Does it play like the One95? (If you have used one before.) Suppose it is just a rebranded XXXX?

I haven't used a One95... I was torn between a Rimouski Oceanic pro stock One95, or the retail shaft. I don't think it'd be too easy to just slap the tactile grip on a XXXX shaft... maybe one of the shop guys can chime in.

how much this time around... $70 for the whole lot ? :P

I wish. The prices went up this season. :( Kovy sticks were expensive. They had at least 20-30 of them, some new, some used, some cracked. Last year they only had 3-5 Kovy sticks.

Edited by Machinehead2k5

my haul from the Thrashers sale:

new Kovalchuk Warrior. bought this for a fellow MSHer:

DSC00397.jpg

I agree that the Kovy sticks, especially the used ones were WAY overpriced. I got the new one for $75. the used ones, including some of his Innovative sticks from the first few years were going for $100. :o

I also got several pairs of home and away socks that I'll be offering up for sale at some point:

DSC00400.jpg

used stick already taped is an Eric Perrin SE16, new stick is a Tobias Enstrom SE16:

DSC00399.jpg

I was *this close* to pulling the trigger on a pair of Todd White Warrior gloves and then said no at the last minute. they had brand new Hossa Mission gloves but I wasn't confident I could make my money back if I bought them and re-sold them.

Edited by shoeshine boy

Does it play like the One95? (If you have used one before.) Suppose it is just a rebranded XXXX?

I haven't used a One95... I was torn between a Rimouski Oceanic pro stock One95, or the retail shaft. I don't think it'd be too easy to just slap the tactile grip on a XXXX shaft... maybe one of the shop guys can chime in.

I emailed Pure Hockey, and they said they're genuine One95's special made for them with a .520 taper. I'm pretty close to pulling the trigger on one. A 77 flex shaft would be sweet for when I get my new blades.

Machinehead, I'm jealous of the stuff you got at the Thrashers sale, especially the Kovy sticks. Interesting that there's a Reebok 10k in there. Is it the same curve as the others??

Edited by HattrickSwayze

i second on being jealous of of machinehead lol

as well, that kovalchuk curve...its beautiful :( weep cry sob in love.

a new warrior kovy for $75. I wonder what that would be worth up in Canada lol.

awesome collections machinehead and shoeshine. please promise me you will use the gear that you got. promise me!!!! lol

Edited by farhanshak

Machinehead, I'm jealous of the stuff you got at the Thrashers sale, especially the Kovy sticks. Interesting that there's a Reebok 10k in there. Is it the same curve as the others??

awesome collections machinehead and shoeshine. please promise me you will use the gear that you got. promise me!!!! lol

Indeed. I will definitely be using the 10k Kovy stick. It's around a 80-85 flex rating which is on the high end for me. It's also the same curves as his Warrior sticks as well. My guess RBK made him some sticks to try out and he didn't like the feel, weight, etc. 10k's are pretty damn light. I might sell some of my extra edge socks and possibly the Hnidy MIA gloves.

Indeed. I will definitely be using the 10k Kovy stick. It's around a 80-85 flex rating which is on the high end for me. It's also the same curves as his Warrior sticks as well. My guess RBK made him some sticks to try out and he didn't like the feel, weight, etc. 10k's are pretty damn light. I might sell some of my extra edge socks and possibly the Hnidy MIA gloves.

I'd jump in line for those gloves, they're sick.

everything except for the Kovy. an MSH member contacted me MONTHS ago asking me for this. I told him, "I don't know man, last year they only had one or two of his sticks and they were gone almost instantly but I'll keep an eye out." I was very happy I was able to do this for him.

originally I was just going to get the used Perrin but I decided to get back in line and was able to talk myself into the Enstrom. "$75 for a $190 stick? it's a bargain!" lol!

obviously I can't wear that many socks but when I posted my stuff here last year EVERYBODY was trying to buy my socks. I don't plan on "making money" on them, I just want to spread the love. :)

hey Machinehead, were those Hnidy gloves the ones that were all or mostly carbon?

Edited by shoeshine boy

They were the old MIA gloves. I don't think they were the new Warrior carbon ones. Up in Duluth Ice Forum they have some Havelid, Enstrom, Perrin, White sticks for sale on Sunday when I had a game up there. I'm guessing they brought those sticks down with them to the equipment sale. I'm with you Shoeshine Boy, I wasn't expecting to find a Kovy stick, let alone see ~25 sticks with Kovy's name on it at the sale.

Edited by Machinehead2k5

Yeah, 15" glove. The palm is neat, it has a digital overlay on the thumb and a small strip on the palm. The strip is similar to the CCM pro palm, where it basically just covers the stitching.

I emailed Pure Hockey, and they said they're genuine One95's special made for them with a .520 taper. I'm pretty close to pulling the trigger on one. A 77 flex shaft would be sweet for when I get my new blades.

AnthonyJTa - Good point on the grip.

And HattrickSwayze - Thanks for the info. I've got an Easton SE16 blade laying around that wouldn't mind being housed in one of these... Tempting indeed...