Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Scored a brand new Medium Re-Akt Cage (160g) on ebay for $47 shipped. Paired it with my Medium S19 and total weight is 472g... Gave my old 9900 medium cage (224g) to my son and he pairs it with a Small 11k and the weight of the combo is 704g. This is possibly the lightest cage/helmet combo money can buy...

fkzh2c.jpg

Scored a brand new Medium Re-Akt Cage (160g) on ebay for $47 shipped. Paired it with my Medium S19 and total weight is 472g... Gave my old 9900 medium cage (224g) to my son and he pairs it with a Small 11k and the weight of the combo is 704g. This is possibly the lightest cage/helmet combo money can buy...

fkzh2c.jpg

Coldclay, are the bars on the Reakt thicker than the 9900? I was under the assumption that they would be the same style, only Ti

Coldclay, are the bars on the Reakt thicker than the 9900? I was under the assumption that they would be the same style, only Ti

The bars on the Re-Akt cage do seem a tiny bit thicker/rounder than the 9900's. The overall cage design is different. Re-Akt cage is longer, maybe a bit narrower and the bar placement are slightly different, the color is also more of a matte finish and slightly 'darker' or less silver-ish, but I haven't noticed anything negative on the ice, just lighter, with a better chin cup.

Not hockey equipment, but I've finally found a Leafs hat I actually like (man, whats up with hats now? They're all AWFUL)

Team wise, I hate that hat...but design wise....I like the white stitching on the back/sides...but the frort would be nicer if it didn't have the 2 white stripes Blue stitching on the front.

Team wise, I hate that hat...but design wise....I like the white stitching on the back/sides...but the frort would be nicer if it didn't have the 2 white stripes Blue stitching on the front.

All the stitching is a lot less noticeable in person. I just like that its plain and simple with a nice raised logo on the front. It's fitted, but with a little bit of stretch and extremely comfortable. Fairly low crown, too. Its a Zephyr.

The bars on the Re-Akt cage do seem a tiny bit thicker/rounder than the 9900's. The overall cage design is different. Re-Akt cage is longer, maybe a bit narrower and the bar placement are slightly different, the color is also more of a matte finish and slightly 'darker' or less silver-ish, but I haven't noticed anything negative on the ice, just lighter, with a better chin cup.

I agree with this. I used a small 9900/9500 and when I switched to the Re-Akt the guy at my local shop suggested going with a medium instead of a small based on what his Bauer rep had told him. he was dead on.

I agree with this. I used a small 9900/9500 and when I switched to the Re-Akt the guy at my local shop suggested going with a medium instead of a small based on what his Bauer rep had told him. he was dead on.

Interesting. I actually have to push the re-akt cage on the sides to get them into the J-clips. Though I'm also using a re-akt helmet too, so maybe that's why.

Figured I'd finally upload some of my stuff, here's some of my sticks I'm re-taping tonight, kind of an Easton time machine

From left to right, Stealth 100 flex Forsberg (I think 2005), ST 85 flex Gaborik, EQ50 95 flex (Code 26D315, D means 95 flex, right?) Giroux custom, S19 Pure 100 flex Hall, RS 100 flex Hall.

2mzl261.jpg

Here's a Giroux EQ50, it was donated by an Easton rep to a Chinese auction at the Checking for Charity Benefit last year. I ended up winning the stick because it was awesome. I think Easton was kind of courting Giroux, they made a few sticks for him and this one they ended up not giving to him. Score for me!

28lf4ie.jpg

5fpwm1.jpg

11btg9k.jpg

Edited by mcawesome

Just picked up a Reebok Ai9 Dustin Penner pro-return for $80

Can't wait to try it out. It has a different curve than what I'm used to using (Warrior - Draper), but I'm sure I can make it work.

Picked up some 122 flex Bauer TO shafts last week and have my first game in ages tonight. Started to get two of them ready and dug around for blades and found some ancient Bauer Kovalchuks I didn't even remember having. Pretty sure I'd bought them for a friend and he just never came to get them. I forgot how ugly its blade shape was and how much of a banana he used to have.

ao56kw.pngrmin15.png

Couldn't resist, they were on clearance... The white one is the better quality version with embroidered patches and thicker fabric, the blue one is screen printed.

42F070B1-E1AD-4C35-9567-2C443A3F435D-411BE174B91-8B01-4CC3-9FBA-43B307467E0F-411

• Like 1