Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Did you dye those? What'd you use?

I have Vapors and thought of doing it, and seeing that result makes me think some more, but I really don't want to unless I know I can make it look like that. Heh.

Did you dye those? What'd you use?

I have Vapors and thought of doing it, and seeing that result makes me think some more, but I really don't want to unless I know I can make it look like that. Heh.

You'll need painter's tape, rust-oleum universal spray paint, 100 grit sponge sander.

1. Mark off the areas you don't want painted with the tape and cut off excess with an exacto knife to get nice clean lines.

2. Sand the boot where ever your going to paint (don't sand the toe cap). Also avoid sanding the stitching on the boot. This helps the paint bind to the boot.

3. Spray light even coats til you get your desired color. For my skates, it only took on coat.

4. Allow to fully dry. Remove tape. Get harassed by hordes of kids at the rink on what type of skates they are and if they're x:60's

Those XXXX's came out great. I love the red highlights. That's how hockey skates should look, not all grey and white and shiny but black. Seeing how nicely that came out I may be tempted to experiment on my brand new One75's to get rid of the silver up near the tendon guard... hmmmm.

Those XXXX's came out great. I love the red highlights. That's how hockey skates should look, not all grey and white and shiny but black. Seeing how nicely that came out I may be tempted to experiment on my brand new One75's to get rid of the silver up near the tendon guard... hmmmm.

Maybe be you can try to dress them up as one95's

I've had some good luck at the local PIAS store lately so I thought I'd show it off...

Wheels.jpg

The one90's are my game skates although the 7000's fit and feel almost as comfy. The Comps fit OK but I couldn't pass them up as I wanted a pair bad when I was in high school. The C+ broke on the Comps first time I wore them in a game so I picked up the LS2P's cheap.

Edited by NorrisContender

I've thought about doing the same thing, but I just don't know how well the paint will stick to it. The tendon guard is pretty glossy and slick. I'm hesitant to try and scuff the material up because if the paint doesn't stick, it's gonna look like shit.

Right, and I just don't see how the paint will stand up to the wear of game use. Judging from how my painted sticks look like I took sandpaper to them after one skate, and the amount of harassment my stock skates take already, I just don't think they'd hold up. Do look legit tho. Wouldn't mind if mine were a little custom that's for sure.

I've had some good luck at the local PIAS store lately so I thought I'd show it off...

Wheels.jpg

The one90's are my game skates although the 7000's fit and feel almost as comfy. The Comps fit OK but I couldn't pass them up as I wanted a pair bad when I was in high school. The C+ broke on the Comps first time I wore them in a game so I picked up the LS2P's cheap.

Nice score! I remember when my buddy's dad got Comps I was very jealous- always wanted a pair of those!

I also blacked out my supreme 70's as well. Here's how they turned out so you can see a reference point.

3297021348_c92a1ea2fc.jpg

And here's a better shot of the 40s, the last one was all weird and yellow tinted.

3296195853_c56e0a5c83.jpg

Edited by tamtamg

At first glance those xxxx's don't even look like they are the same material as unpainted ones, I couldn't put my finger on it but the "leather looks" as lampliter87 put it does describe it well. Either way great job and take some pictures after a few games I am curious to see how it holds up.

Yeah I'm going to get some tape and paint now

Did you use gloss or semi gloss, I'm probably going to pick up semi gloss

Edited by CTK30