Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Those XXXX's came out great. I love the red highlights. That's how hockey skates should look, not all grey and white and shiny but black. Seeing how nicely that came out I may be tempted to experiment on my brand new One75's to get rid of the silver up near the tendon guard... hmmmm.

I also blacked out my supreme 70's as well. Here's how they turned out so you can see a reference point.

3297021348_c92a1ea2fc.jpg

And here's a better shot of the 40s, the last one was all weird and yellow tinted.

3296195853_c56e0a5c83.jpg

I just did my supreme 70's today.

I'm hoping that my replacement holders are white. They will look sick if they are white.

I left the tendon guard silver

The kind of smushed part toward the back is from squeaking the heel to get them tighter on my heels

I'm thinking about taking the paint of the eyelets also so they are all bronze, do you guys think it will look good?

100_0121.jpg

100_0122.jpg

100_0120.jpg

Edited by CTK30

I like the look but everyone I've asked who doesnt skate/play seems to prefer the stock look of the CCMs and Vapor skates to the blacked out look; still seriously considering doing my U+ skates in that style as well.

Edited by Ahriman

I like the look but everyone I've asked who doesnt skate/play seems to prefer the stock look of the CCMs and Vapor skates to the blacked out look; still seriously considering doing my U+ skates in that style as well.

you should definitely do it to your U+ skates the ones that belong to the first guy who did it look sick

Blacked out Nike Quest 2's. Not actually a big fan of the skates, hence why it was my guinea pig for blacking out the skate. Honestly kind of wished it would have screwed up badly enough to warrant getting new skates haha.

IMG_0044.jpg

Original Refrence:

2436.jpg

Edited by IniNew

those kind of look the same.. maybe its just my eyes

They are pretty close, the biggest difference is the metallic purple on the side of the tendon guard. I should have taken pictures before I started but didn't think about it.

you should definitely do it to your U+ skates the ones that belong to the first guy who did it look sick

I'll be skating 7 or so times this week so we will see how how it holds up

excellent, I'm waiting on hearing on how they take abuse before they do it but otherwise, I'm totally down, gonna get a little more exact with it than the example blacked out U+ though, gonna leave the blue U+ logo on the heel, maybe another accent or two as well, those 70s posted more recently are a great example of how to do that well.

n532090211_5605665_3121.jpg

I dont see these on the sportchek website, are they only available in their retail stores??

Also does that say Vector 7.0 on the side? It appears to be a vector 6.0 with some white on it, is that all it is or are there any other differences. Also, Price?