Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

No I just wanted a straight up clone. I think it's just the openness that's making the Samsonov (original) look like it has more toe. I lined up a new blade with the original in these pictures. If you look at the bottom side of the curve, it's dead-on. But if you flip it over, you can see it doesn't line up 100%, which makes me believe the clones need to be opened up a bit more. Kind of hard to tell though.

Yeah just judging by the pics it looks like most of the toe from the samsonov comes from having an open face, the bottom of the blade doesn't have as much of a hook.

How do you like it?

I got a chance to use one tonight, and I love it. The feel is great, and the balance is surprisingly good. Like I said in my other post, my 300 shaft feels better balanced with this wood blade than the composite blade. I wasn't expecting them to be this light, and they're also very stiff. I didn't feel like I lost any pop on my shots like I did with the last wood blade I used. It felt like using a composite blade, just with way better feel. I didn't feel like I was getting my shots up high as easily though. Whether that's due to the curve or the shaft, I'm not sure. I don't feel like I'm getting quite as much flex out of this new shaft. I kind of want to try opening one up, but I'm afraid of peeling the fiberglass wrap off.

Unfortunately I only got a chance to use a Hejduk blade for one shot in warm-ups. The woodies felt so good I didn't use it in the pick-up at all. I'll get a chance to use the Hejduk's more tomorrow. Smoke, if you have any other questions, shoot me a PM.

CheesePlz, nice pick-ups! I was in the second batch of group that went down right at the beginning. Not sure who you were but I'm assuming you witnessed the little melee with the line jumper thing lol

I walked away with a pair of Blakes gloves and a few pairs of socks. Was looking for the Blakes 77 flex X60 but i guess the first group got to them :P

I was the guy standing in front of the angry guy lol. And I would have been kicked out of the first grouping if the line jumpers had succeeded haha. Which guywere you? I remember there was the guy who worked for security and then the guy and his girlfriend.

CheesePlz, nice pick-ups! I was in the second batch of group that went down right at the beginning. Not sure who you were but I'm assuming you witnessed the little melee with the line jumper thing lol

I walked away with a pair of Blakes gloves and a few pairs of socks. Was looking for the Blakes 77 flex X60 but i guess the first group got to them :P

I was the guy standing in front of the angry guy lol. And I would have been kicked out of the first grouping if the line jumpers had succeeded haha. Which guywere you? I remember there was the guy who worked for security and then the guy and his girlfriend.

I was right behind the young kids with two of my other buddies. The old fellow standing with the kids kept going on and on about how he was drafted by NYR and he knows the EQM from the Leafs and how he was trying to contact him to get him and those kids into the sale before everyone. :rolleyes:

The sale this time sucked, gloves were jacked up from the last sale. I only wanted the gloves, the stick would've been a bonus but I'm happy with the amount of socks.

i'll do it tmr. if thats ok? i like the extension, since i have small wrist i basically have the same mobility as i would have had with the 9144/5044 (i use size 5 too) with more protection. but my glove does touch the extension sometimes but doesn't bother me enough

btw when you want to let go of those gloves pm please!

Skates twice with the 8K pros so far this week- love them. Extension doesn't bother me at all, feels great on the ice and the size 5's are locked on my elbow, no adjusting them every whistle blow. Tossed my teammate my 9077's in size 6 to use for a game, he kept them ;)

oh shoot i forgot soz here's mine, no pro but still a freaking tank

picture1370.jpg

and i got these 2 days ago, dupuis gloves, epro with synergy graphics i think, single layer clarino palms, very comfy, crazy light (even my dad mentioned it and he doesn't know jack about hockey eq. lol), dupuis must be nuts or something coz there's no plastic inserts in the fingers

picture1368.jpgpicture1369.jpg

nice gloves k9

i recently got a pair of Epros off of Kryptong on here...there werent any plastic inserts in the fingers either...but they are tough as nails...sweet gloves. ebay purchase?

You sure there are no plastic inserts? They sandwich them between two pieces of foam, squeeze it from the sides to be sure.

yep nothing just foam, he's nuts

You sure there are no plastic inserts? They sandwich them between two pieces of foam, squeeze it from the sides to be sure.

yep nothing just foam, he's nuts

Some of the high density foams are quite protective.

Very odd, is it HD foam or is it kind of spongy? I can't see why he'd go without plastic inserts.

the block at the tips of the fingers should be hd, the second segment is spongy if you get me, i'm guessing it gives a lil more mobility or faster breaking in time?

but ye chadd those foams seem pretty good but at the nhl level without plastic inserts is nuts to me :)

Edited by K9 Unit

Dupuis needs flexibility when he's taking slapshots from everywhere. Those gloves look really nice, the third jersey gloves are really growing on me.

Today's new goodies. Hejduk tapered pro stock blades with Z-Tac coating (x2). Pictures don't catch it perfectly, but it's a smallish open toe curve. Was hoping to use one in my new Harrow shaft, but they're long hosel'd tapereds. I don't want to cut the shaft down just for these, since I don't know whether I like them. Now I'm just waiting on my Samsonov customs to arrive...

The snap shot I had with that curve on a stealth CNT has not yet been met by any combination of curve or stick. Bar-down glove side was like breathing.

New gloves :D

%7Boption%7D New Mitts

Are those from the retro nights?

Yes they are from the retro nigh :)

Depending on the company, some colors are a bit different.

ya know, I'm considering it.... maybe sending it to sublitwill for another go to make it match.

Major props go to those involved in making these jerseys happen- Further swooning to take place in the MSHV thread.

Those are sweet jerseys. Any mods in the northwest to set-up an official MSH British Columbia vs. Washington rivalry game??

Next game will be in Toronto, over the summer. Vancouver is a possibility somewhere down the road.