Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Those have to be retail. I bought the same pair at a Play It Again a few months back. They were in perfect condition. $45, I paid for them and ran like hell.

fran.jpg

Edited by Harv

Those have to be retail. I bought the same pair at a Play It Again a few months back. They were in perfect condition. $45, I paid for them and ran like hell.

Beauty pickup not just for the price but that makes it so much sweeter! I found an online add for $50 shipped to my door black/white striped franchise new. i sent the dude the paypal money and just went on a limb in the chance he would send them for that cheap like he said. 8 days later I get them in the mail and man was I happy!

Edited by Wass

Not much but here is my Christmas haul.

CCM V10 Helmet (my gift to myself)

Washington Caps RBK Edge Socks

Blackhawks Third RBK Edge Socks

Oakley Half Shield

JOFA Pro Stock Shins via TBLFan

Easton EQ50 Gloves black

Bauer jock (needed a new one pretty bad)

3 pairs of Elite Waxed 120" laces (impossible to get local)

3 sticks of SexWax (another hard to find thing)

Gonna try out the shins and shoulders tonight to see how I like the "less bulky" gear.

Oh and a little treat...Derek Stepan autographed puck :D Yeah, I'm a fanboy I guess.

5324830347_28703bbd92_b.jpg

5324831701_b4761516a5_b.jpg

Edited by mug25

Mug25: awesome!

hey, if you dont mind me asking, whats good about the sexwax?

It's a really good wax probably the best I've tried. They also make wax for ski/snow/wake so they've got it pretty good. Also they come in a variety of colors and scents that are ironically quite sexy...

It's a really good wax probably the best I've tried. They also make wax for ski/snow/wake so they've got it pretty good. Also they come in a variety of colors and scents that are ironically quite sexy...

really? been using a cheapo big candle stick from the dollar store. hmmmmmmmmm interesting, i might just have to try that out.

really? been using a cheapo big candle stick from the dollar store. hmmmmmmmmm interesting, i might just have to try that out.

Yeah I started off using candle sticks too. I've been through the majority of wax brands, that works best IMO.

What is wax even for? Is it supposed to give you grip or something?

It's supposed to be extra grip and keep the water and ice from building on your stick.

I use the wax to keep water off the blade. The rink I play at the most often is very notorious resembling this year's Winter Classic's ice. The Sex Wax has been the best thus far. I've tried a few brands including the Easton stick and a few others.

That's why I prefer LHS' over big box stores...you never know what kinda gems you can find...if I had the time/money, I'd visit every LHS in the Golden Horseshoe, just to go on a treasure hunt

Wax helps save tape too. I use surf "base" wax it's harder than other surf wax and it only costs a dollar or less. A bar last forever. I melt it after rubbing it on and it works even better. Keeps snow off too.