Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
dsjunior1388

VH Footwear/TRUE by Scott Van Horne

51 minutes ago, shoot_the_goalie said:

This.  This is what should be happening so as not to exacerbate the problem.  If your "3rd" pair comes back and it's not right again, demand that the LHS contact a True rep on the spot, while you are physically present at the LHS so all parties can figure and sort it out.  Would save a lot of time and headaches.

Definitely will, no doubt it, just hoping it will be “my skate”!

21 minutes ago, smu said:

Definitely will, no doubt it, just hoping it will be “my skate”!

Were you in the U.K., you’d probably be able to get a full refund on the grounds that the good is not as described I.e. it is not a custom fit to your feet. After all, you seem to have a worse fit than from stock skates. You might want to look into consumer law in your area. I once lived in Montreal, 25 years ago, and consumer law there was atrocious. I’m surprised True have not contacted you via the forum, this is not good publicity. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Leif said:

Were you in the U.K., you’d probably be able to get a full refund on the grounds that the good is not as described I.e. it is not a custom fit to your feet. After all, you seem to have a worse fit than from stock skates. You might want to look into consumer law in your area. I once lived in Montreal, 25 years ago, and consumer law there was atrocious. I’m surprised True have not contacted you via the forum, this is not good publicity. 

We have the Sale of Goods Act and the common law that states "the product must be fit for the purpose intended" both would apply, but this is not worth it. I need a good pair of skates that will look after my pronation, that's all I want!

Thanks very much though! 🙂

• Like 1

6 hours ago, strosedefence34 said:

@smu not to beat a dead horse, but I am with you. Holder issue aside you got scanned and you got a skate that was completely wrong... okay that happens sometimes. You and your shop think re-scanning/ sending pictures and notes back saying everything that is wrong with the first pair is a good idea.  I agree maybe the first scan was in fact messed up.  This is on True to compare the two scans, notes and pictures and say something isn't adding up here.  Maybe the experience True fitters on the board are correct and the scanner isn't calibrated properly then they could have contacted the LHS and let them know that something is way off with these scans and they could have troubleshot with the LHS to ensure you got scanned correctly.  You might have had to come in for a third scan, but that's better than a third pair of skates.  There just seems to be a disconnect from a customer service standpoint. I used to work in computer repairs and if we got a repeat customer with a repeat issue that wasn't solved the first time around we would usually have one of our more experienced people check out their computer the second time because we really wanted to nail the issue and not have them come back a third time. 

A second scan was done, but no third? If True was told that these skates were way to big for me and they agreed they still have to be working off either one of the prior two scans!  What else could it be? This does seem strange, I got to ask someone!

2 hours ago, smu said:

A second scan was done, but no third? If True was told that these skates were way to big for me and they agreed they still have to be working off either one of the prior two scans!  What else could it be? This does seem strange, I got to ask someone!

It could be that they assumed you wouldn't notice it was only toe plugs being added. 

Without pics of the rivet issue you're complaining about, none of us can actually agree that there is a mount problem on your holders... I say this bc true might have looked at them and thought they were fine. 

Edited by Sniper9

8 hours ago, Sniper9 said:

It could be that they assumed you wouldn't notice it was only toe plugs being added. 

Without pics of the rivet issue you're complaining about, none of us can actually agree that there is a mount problem on your holders... I say this bc true might have looked at them and thought they were fine. 

I was going to try and shut down any more of my complaining, but you might have a point on the toe additions except that the skates still would have been far too large for me.

Also, they did a lousy job of attaching the foam. They used masking tape to hold them in place which was a bit ridiculous! They may say it was not masking tape, but if not it was just a "horse of a different color" and I should have kept a piece, but I do have the photos.

I now understand your thoughts on the holders and photos. One of our members has seen them, if you want to PM me I would be happy to send some along. I will try using Imgur (that I have not used before) to get them posted this afternoon and I will be calling my LHS as well.

If anyone wants photos please  PM me in case I have trouble with time or posting!

I am playing in my lucky 13th game this morning and for the most part I have enjoyed little of those games. I am now using another pair of size 5D Bauer skates model s180, similar to my older Bauer x60s where I had the holders shifted medially, but did not really work well and are now unusable.

I am using my 1º wedges (as seen in photos already posted by a member) to act as medial posting. It seems I need 3 of these in each skate (experimenting in every game) to just be able to play, not well, but not suffering enough that I stop playing, but certainly no joy!

Thanks

Edited by smu
Grammar and changed a sentence or two

@smu - I really don't understand why it is hard for you to figure out how to use a photo hosting service and just pop in the URL where it's hosted.

That all being said, I do recognize the era we live in.  I have temporarily given you access to upload photos to MSH's servers so we can put all of this to bed.

On your next post, you will see where it says "Drag files here to attach."  Right under the text box.  Drag your pic there, it will upload.  Then click the Plus sign to insert into post.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, JR Boucicaut said:

@smu - I really don't understand why it is hard for you to figure out how to use a photo hosting service and just pop in the URL where it's hosted.

That all being said, I do recognize the era we live in.  I have temporarily given you access to upload photos to MSH's servers so we can put all of this to bed.

On your next post, you will see where it says "Drag files here to attach."  Right under the text box.  Drag your pic there, it will upload.  Then click the Plus sign to insert into post.

"I really don't understand why" your attitude is so demeaning, next time think first! I don't have the experience with some apps as I see you must have. And, I have not bothered to post any photos unless it was easy! I now have spent plenty of time trying to get them on Imgur and have it done, just have to figure out how to get them to the members.

I have been playing with this program for sometime and like anything new has a learning curve and for those of us that don't catch on that quickly, it takes a little longer and a little more thought!

"I really don't understand"! Give me a break, I wanted to stop this insensitive thread or post yesterday, but still was being asked questions. This all will get fixed as I know now, but I do want to know what the heck went wrong. 

Anyway, thanks for the opportunity to lay them out here directly, I thank you for that, but I take it I have to make another post or am I still a little touched! With the photos they are not all marked, but take a good look at the rivets and see that they have been all put in more laterally than centered all the way around on the outsole and you can see inside as well and you can clearly see the really large off-set of the coppers in one, the other is much less. It was rather hard to show that they were misaligned all the way around, but this is the best I have. My LHS has the direct knowledge of everything I have said and seen. Don't forget to view the toe stuffing and masking tape. I can explain any photo that needs to be questioned. That is one thing that took sometime with Imgur I believe I was adding a description of everything. You may find doubles here, I was just trying to hurry.

I apologize now for my back lash - 🙂

Oh again I do not see those instructions to upload to I just make another post or what?

Cheers

On 11/18/2018 at 5:05 PM, Vet88 said:

Another very experienced True fitter has already indicated in this thread how he has received skates from True that had a similar story to smu. Saying it never happens doesn't make it so. Now if there was some visibility of True reaching out to the LHS to understand what went wrong and why and feeding this back into the fitment process to improve things then that in itself would be good customer feedback. But saying that you get sent skates that other fitting centers can't get right isn't a great overall look for the process, whilst it may be good for your business how can a member of the public have a high degree of trust in other fitting centers?

I had a pm from a member and this has made him think twice and wanted my photos and who the LHS was, I said that True can make a great skate, but sometimes mistakes are made and fixed quickly, but like my issue if I am sitting wondering what is going on I can see why some would be reluctant to go with True, but I hope I allayed his fears and I said that’s mine must have been one of those few mistake and will be fixed soon. I also did not say where the LHS came from except not from his area and go for it!

Turn around times do seem to be pretty quick right now.  My buddy ordered 10/23 and picked them up 10 days later. Coming out of CCM RBZs that never fit quite right he's happy with these. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, smu said:

"I really don't understand why" your attitude is so demeaning, next time think first! I don't have the experience with some apps as I see you must have. And, I have not bothered to post any photos unless it was easy! I now have spent plenty of time trying to get them on Imgur and have it done, just have to figure out how to get them to the members.

I have been playing with this program for sometime and like anything new has a learning curve and for those of us that don't catch on that quickly, it takes a little longer and a little more thought!

"I really don't understand"! Give me a break, I wanted to stop this insensitive thread or post yesterday, but still was being asked questions. This all will get fixed as I know now, but I do want to know what the heck went wrong. 

Anyway, thanks for the opportunity to lay them out here directly, I thank you for that, but I take it I have to make another post or am I still a little touched! With the photos they are not all marked, but take a good look at the rivets and see that they have been all put in more laterally than centered all the way around on the outsole and you can see inside as well and you can clearly see the really large off-set of the coppers in one, the other is much less. It was rather hard to show that they were misaligned all the way around, but this is the best I have. My LHS has the direct knowledge of everything I have said and seen. Don't forget to view the toe stuffing and masking tape. I can explain any photo that needs to be questioned. That is one thing that took sometime with Imgur I believe I was adding a description of everything. You may find doubles here, I was just trying to hurry.

I apologize now for my back lash - 🙂

Oh again I do not see those instructions to upload to I just make another post or what?

Cheers

I'm not trying to be condescending but how long have you been using the internet for? To insert a picture, yes create a new post..... Don't know why you're getting l personal/emotional about Jrs post. I didn't find it demeaning at all. I think we are all wondering why it's been so long with no pictures. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Sniper9 said:

I'm not trying to be condescending but how long have you been using the internet for? To insert a picture, yes create a new post..... Don't know why you're getting l personal/emotional about Jrs post. I didn't find it demeaning at all. I think we are all wondering why it's been so long with no pictures. 

I thought I could just upload them that's all, I was not set up with any programs to upload to the net as I never needed them any where else, so I thought.

Yes, I jumped the gun, but can't you see I apologized for my rash behavior and said I was sorry. I am getting p...d off with this whole thing a lot more than anyone else.

My LHS guy was his day off today so I got nowhere there.

So, instead of erasing my reply and starting over I just thought I would make it known that I was hasty in my actions, I am only human and too tired to type anymore, as you know I have typed enough and getting very tired with the whole thing.

I asked JR to give me the opportunity to post as he suggests, but it was not available to me at that point for some reason. I now have them on Imgur, but there has been no response from JR that would make it easier, I would have thought he would get back to me sooner.

Its 1am, where I am now, so I am not looking to get the photos on the forum until JR gets back to me or I get time in the morning to see if can get Imgur to do it for me.

This has sucked the life out of me, that's why yesterday I said let's close this down. I suppose you may think I have no photos, but they will be there as you know Vet88 has seen them.

Cheers

I wasn’t being condescending at all. I gave you a perk that nobody else has on this site for you to be able to post the pictures. 

As I said in the post, you will now see an area under the box to upload. 

If it doesn’t appear, I may have to check the permissions.  

EE28D8FE-2038-43E4-A792-A94DCAECD2E9.thumb.jpeg.9320e00e43a127d7f51c8e442c7fb0db.jpeg

• Like 2

So I finally got BOTH my skates dialed in... I'll try to keep it as short as possible regarding my initial issues with my skates. 

- Got my skates in November 2017

- baked them at my lhs and they fit great. But noticed some sloppiness in my right skate / heel area vs my left that was locked in but had minor arch ache. 

- left arch ache went away when cut out arch area of red insole. Used superfeet yellow from day one

- tried using stock true insoles but right skate fitment still not there and found them way too spongey.  Rebaked right boot a couple times and even clamp method on heel. No dice. 

- removed red footbeds altogether and rebaked tongues to remove the creases from all the baking. Helped quite a bit and lived with this setup until early this month.

- Realized my right arch collapsed when bearing weight and alignment of my knee when lunging caused pronation and flat arch. Realized I was scanned doing this hence the right boot made for someone with flat feet = eureka moment!!

- stumbled upon old mlx vids and heating the arch. So I did that and it worked. Created a higher arch in the right boot. Yes!!!!

- put speed plates in and the right was locked in and felt the best, however the left skate with speed plates caused some noticeable arch pain. So used the same method to reduce the arch a touch. 

Outcome is two skates with speedplates that fit friggen awesome!!

I've only used them walking around the house and yet to test it on the ice but it's the best the skates have felt since I finally realized what had to be tweaked. This whole time I thought it was the heel lock but it was the arch.  I will also see how they feel with the ccm orthomoves that I have coming in the mail as well. I will be testing out the following insoles to see which feel the best; 

Speedplates, superfeet yellow carbon, superfeet yellow, ccm orthomoves, also with and without the red insoles. 

I have a feeling the speedplates may be the best since I had to alter the arches on my skates and I feel that the speedplates will "fill in" any spots that I didn't perfectly modify since I was more or less guessing the exact area for my arch that needed increasing/reducing. 

I even re examined my arches when bearing weight and my right arch is actually higher than my left when I ensure my alignment is correct and prevent my arch from collapsing..  this is also noticeable when I look at the shape of my moulded speed plates. 

So for me, my skate issues aren't bc of true, it's really no one's fault. If I were to get re scanned I would make sure my right ankle and knee are aligned properly so the scan doesn't show a collapsed arch. I truly believe if I had known my right ankle caused such bad pronation, then I don't think I'd ever have any issues from the get go. The left skate arch was tolerable and was something that went away from regular play but bc I now play once every two weeks now adays, it would come and go here and there. 

So yes I've done a bit of tinkering and will be experimenting with diff insoles too but that's the beauty of these skates. You can modify do much to satisfy your personal preference. I'm just glad I know now what caused a something I'll fitting right skate in the beginning. 

Length has always been perfect for me. Both toes barely brush the toe cap. 

Also here are a few pics.... One year update showing that they are still holding up very well. No eyelet issues or anything breaking down. No tendon guard issues. No cuts. No liner issues.  Mind you the skates have only been used about 50 games. But at this rate they will last me at least another two years. 

13oK8tU.jpg

Rl5RDsp.jpg

06H3kEm.jpg

bjwoOEw.jpg

Edited by Sniper9

JR,

I immediately expressed my apologies in the initial email and then I had to do it again for Snipper9, who steps in and takes offense to the way I treated you when it was none of his business! I knew this but apologized anyway and now I get it again!

My apologies are clearly posted! What else can I do except this again, I apologize for any derogatory statements I made and do regret not rewriting that whole first email, if so we would not be here now talking about who did what!

Lets get back to business.

With regard to the upload process, no matter what you think of my computer capabilities, there was only the regular rectangular box "insert other media" at the bottom right corner in the box given me previously and no "Click to choose files" with a paper clip beside it. That would be very obvious to me and not just missed.

It is not there in today's box either, if you meant to have it here.

If I open this box (insert other media) it says two things; 1) Insert from URL and 2) Insert existing attachment, nothing like what you have suggested "Click to choose files" with a paper clip. Without knowing, perhaps it was number 2 above, but I was looking for exactly what you quoted.

Thank for the help and I will be out later this morning if I can get that upload box of yours I will certainly try it as it would seem easy and if that does not work I will get back to Imgur.

Cheers

30 minutes ago, smu said:

JR,

I immediately expressed my apologies in the initial email and then I had to do it again for Snipper9, who steps in and takes offense to the way I treated you when it was none of his business! I knew this but apologized anyway and now I get it again!

My apologies are clearly posted! What else can I do except this again, I apologize for any derogatory statements I made and do regret not rewriting that whole first email, if so we would not be here now talking about who did what!

Lets get back to business.

With regard to the upload process, no matter what you think of my computer capabilities, there was only the regular rectangular box "insert other media" at the bottom right corner in the box given me previously and no "Click to choose files" with a paper clip beside it. That would be very obvious to me and not just missed.

It is not there in today's box either, if you meant to have it here.

If I open this box (insert other media) it says two things; 1) Insert from URL and 2) Insert existing attachment, nothing like what you have suggested "Click to choose files" with a paper clip. Without knowing, perhaps it was number 2 above, but I was looking for exactly what you quoted.

Thank for the help and I will be out later this morning if I can get that upload box of yours I will certainly try it as it would seem easy and if that does not work I will get back to Imgur.

Cheers

U said u downloaded imgur right? Upload the pics onto it... Then go to those pics.  Click the share button, then choose the copy to clipboard options. Then paste it into the insert from url option. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sniper9 said:

U said u downloaded imgur right? Upload the pics onto it... Then go to those pics.  Click the share button, then choose the copy to clipboard options. Then paste it into the insert from url option. 

I am leaving for an appointment now, almost late. I was really waiting for JR to get back to me, but when I get back I will follow your instructions and if I need help at all I will post again or PM you!

Thanks and Cheers

3 hours ago, Paddy said:

Am I crazy or am I seeing more guys wearing these in the NHL this year? Maybe I'm just taking more notice...

I heard under 100, but goalies ratio wise use them more, but this should be checked.

4 hours ago, Paddy said:

Am I crazy or am I seeing more guys wearing these in the NHL this year? Maybe I'm just taking more notice...

74 players according to Gear Geek. I wonder if this is only counter skaters and not goalies as it seems that the majority of goalies are now rocking Trues...

https://www.geargeek.com/#equip_Skates

5 hours ago, Sniper9 said:

Also here are a few pics.... One year update showing that they are still holding up very well. No eyelet issues or anything breaking down. No tendon guard issues. No cuts. No liner issues.  Mind you the skates have only been used about 50 games. But at this rate they will last me at least another two years. 

13oK8tU.jpg

Rl5RDsp.jpg

06H3kEm.jpg

bjwoOEw.jpg

Sniper9,

I am back trying to eat lunch between many other things beside MSH, but I have to ask these questions as soon as you posted your pictures and good fast work I might add 🙂 . Do you Supinate or pronate in any way?

19 minutes ago, smu said:

Sniper9,

I am back trying to eat lunch between many other things beside MSH, but I have to ask these questions as soon as you posted your pictures and good fast work I might add 🙂 . Do you Supinate or pronate in any way?

As mentioned in my lengthy post above me pictures, my right foot pronates when bearing weight during a lunge. It's weird. My knee totally goes inward instead of staying lined up with my ankle and my arch completely collapses. Never affected my skating though oddly... So no I never noticed. I just always noticed doing lunges felt odd on my right side but I always just attributed it to my left being my stable side because I'm right handed in throwing, batting etc and use my left to plant down. 

I'm going to start doing balance exercises to see if it's an ankle strength thing...  

Edited by Sniper9