Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
dsjunior1388

VH Footwear/TRUE by Scott Van Horne

57 minutes ago, adam14 said:

its nice to see it took a month of you bitching on a message board for a solution that your shop could have had resolved in 3 days.

Did True mess up sizing? Sure. but it sounds like the LHS made minimal effort to bring the attention to true. 

When I fit a JR player for Trues in the summer there was an issue with materials beneath the ankle foam, there was a sharp piece protruding and it was very uncomfortable. It wasn't until I tried the skate on myself that I realized there was something there. I called and emailed True every day for a week until they agreed to a resolution. 

I'd be questioning how much your LHS appreciates your business after this circus way more than questioning Trues customer service. 

I have complete faith in my LHS, he knows his stuff and True admits the mistake was on their end.

2 minutes ago, smu said:

A minor issue, the skate otherwise is the same.

I think you're missing the point.  True has been marketing the skate as "exactly what the pros get".  By having a pro only option, this is no longer true.

2 minutes ago, smu said:

I have complete faith in my LHS, he knows his stuff and True admits the mistake was on their end.

What happened here was pure shenanigans, and I won't really get into that, but what I've been seeing is that you ultimately were dealing with a store that didn't go the extra mile.  I hate seeing customers having to reach out to the manufacturer for support; a lot of it was because during my hockey retail career, none of my customers had to do that.  Luckily for me, I knew the manufacturers and didn't have the time and/or patience to have to go through someone at the head office and wait for an answer.  I didn't care.  I knew how to get the situation resolved, and I owed that to my customer.

The store should be the only point of contact.  

• Like 5

Just now, boo10 said:

I think you're missing the point.  True has been marketing the skate as "exactly what the pros get".  By having a pro only option, this is no longer true.

Think you're looking into that way too hard.  Just because it's at pro doesn't mean it's practical for retail. 

• Like 2

As state before, True's customer service is outstanding, once you talk to the right people (i.e. Rob).

After they made my second pair, which were way better than the first, especially with them move the holders inwards to correct my pronation but still I had some pain and discomfort around my bunions and big toes. I let Rob know and asked if all parts of the skate are safe to spot heat with a heat gun and punch out and he offered to provide a return shipping label to have them do it at the factory. I declined at the time due to not wanting to go without my skates for any extended period time as my league just started play so I went into Macgyver mode and started punching my skates out in the various areas by borrowing a boot punch from a buddy from the league. After fixing a spot and in turn making another spot worse and it became a never ending game of whack a mole, I finally cried uncle and and decided to take Rob up on his offer. I timed it over the US Thanksgiving holiday since there would be about two week window where I didn't have a game or training session.

Long story short: they emailed my a return shipping label for international priority shipping. I think most people would assume that they would provide a ground return label and send them back via ground ship and I think most people would find that reasonable and acceptable which would take 5-6 business days each way from Alabama to Manitoba. I shipped them to them this past Tuesday, they arrived in Winnipeg the next day on Wednesday and on Thursday, they shipped them back out and they're now sitting at the terminal in Memphis; they are scheduled for delivery on Monday. That turnaround time is hard to beat. I'll let you all know how they turned out.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, JR Boucicaut said:

What happened here was pure shenanigans, and I won't really get into that, but what I've been seeing is that you ultimately were dealing with a store that didn't go the extra mile.  I hate seeing customers having to reach out to the manufacturer for support; a lot of it was because during my hockey retail career, none of my customers had to do that.  Luckily for me, I knew the manufacturers and didn't have the time and/or patience to have to go through someone at the head office and wait for an answer.  I didn't care.  I knew how to get the situation resolved, and I owed that to my customer.

The store should be the only point of contact.  

I will say it again, True took all the responsibility.

9 minutes ago, JR Boucicaut said:

Think you're looking into that way too hard.  Just because it's at pro doesn't mean it's practical for retail. 

I agree!

47 minutes ago, CigarScott said:

As state before, True's customer service is outstanding, once you talk to the right people (i.e. Rob).

After they made my second pair, which were way better than the first, especially with them move the holders inwards to correct my pronation but still I had some pain and discomfort around my bunions and big toes. I let Rob know and asked if all parts of the skate are safe to spot heat with a heat gun and punch out and he offered to provide a return shipping label to have them do it at the factory. I declined at the time due to not wanting to go without my skates for any extended period time as my league just started play so I went into Macgyver mode and started punching my skates out in the various areas by borrowing a boot punch from a buddy from the league. After fixing a spot and in turn making another spot worse and it became a never ending game of whack a mole, I finally cried uncle and and decided to take Rob up on his offer. I timed it over the US Thanksgiving holiday since there would be about two week window where I didn't have a game or training session.

Long story short: they emailed my a return shipping label for international priority shipping. I think most people would assume that they would provide a ground return label and send them back via ground ship and I think most people would find that reasonable and acceptable which would take 5-6 business days each way from Alabama to Manitoba. I shipped them to them this past Tuesday, they arrived in Winnipeg the next day on Wednesday and on Thursday, they shipped them back out and they're now sitting at the terminal in Memphis; they are scheduled for delivery on Monday. That turnaround time is hard to beat. I'll let you all know how they turned out.

That's great to hear! can't beat that.

On 11/24/2018 at 10:34 AM, adam14 said:

its nice to see it took a month of you bitching on a message board for a solution that your shop could have had resolved in 3 days.

Did True mess up sizing? Sure. but it sounds like the LHS made minimal effort to bring the attention to true. 

When I fit a JR player for Trues in the summer there was an issue with materials beneath the ankle foam, there was a sharp piece protruding and it was very uncomfortable. It wasn't until I tried the skate on myself that I realized there was something there. I called and emailed True every day for a week until they agreed to a resolution. I'd be questioning how much your LHS appreciates your business after this circus way more than questioning Trues customer service. 

Adam,

Why then did it take a week to get this resolved? You must have been speaking with the wrong person.

Edited by smu
+ Quote?

1 hour ago, smu said:

Yes, True took all the responsibility, but that responsibility should have been taken the day your skates showed up and they didnt even fit your foot. That's where your LHS's lackluster attempt at hoping you figure this out on your own comes into play. I live in a city where the shop I worked at had a very high reputation and if we would have dragged this on to this extent there would have been hell to pay.

True took responsibility for their screw up. Your LHS didnt take responsibility for theirs.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CigarScott said:

I was afraid that would happen to my skates when I spot heated to alter the arches for my skates but it turned out good for me. Although I did everything with my hands and thumbs rather than a punch. I used the opposite end of a screwdriver once as well. That way the changes were gradual. I love that the skates are so stiff yet still workable when heated. The carbon areas are def a lot harder to work with than the thermoformable plastic though. The plastic heats up fast. 

1 hour ago, smu said:

Adam,

Why then did it take a week a week to get this resolved? You must have been speaking with the wrong person.

You're misunderstanding. I had his original pair sent back and a new pair in the shop in under 7 days.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, smu said:

It doesn’t matter. You obviously didn’t comprehend my post. You shouldn’t have been carrying the water for this; your LHS should’ve. Especially when you said you trusted them. 

They got a sale with minimal effort on their part. You’re supposed to take care of the customer pre and post-sale. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 Junior games under my belt which the new wheels. Not gonna go in-depth about all the performance comments, that’s been covered here plenty. I will say that aside from the discomfort you would expect from brand new skates, they were the most comfortable skate I’ve worn. I’m still getting used to the feel and adjusting my mechanics, but it’s been seamless. My biggest issue, the bunionette, seems to have been successfully addressed (knock on wood). 

Its still a bit early for me to give a verdict, but I’m pleasantly surprised. My concern is with durability. There have been no signs of wear, I can just see the liner having issues as the skate has so little negative space. That being said, if the fit stays consistent and the skates hold up, I can’t see myself ever going back to “traditional” skates.

• Like 3

Good to hear, I play this Tuesday morning and I only hope my skates arrive Monday.

I am sick of my old skates. I pronate and since the heel pocket is wide my ankle rolls in them.

I have been using one of our member's (Vet88) suggestions - heating the medial ankle and heel area then put that skate on and lay on the floor with that ankle area pointing up and then have someone stand on the that side of the skate boot.

This will fattening that side against my ankle / heel area, making the skates narrower and tighter fit for my foot. It will also making my foot stand up straighter in the boot because of the new remolding. This, along with my heel wedges, have made my games somewhat playable.

So glad to hear your experience!

Best of luck!

18 hours ago, CigarScott said:

Good to hear, and you are right, Rob was the man if you need a contact!

Mine may have left Friday, hopefully by priority!

14 hours ago, JR Boucicaut said:

It doesn’t matter. You obviously didn’t comprehend my post. You shouldn’t have been carrying the water for this; your LHS should’ve. Especially when you said you trusted them. They got a sale with minimal effort on their part. You’re supposed to take care of the customer pre and post-sale. 

Thanks very much guys for your going to bat for me or against the LHS, but my LHS did what they could, a perfect scan and a problem at True's end picked up by Rob. The LHS did try and resolve the issue and was going to call again for me, but instead I suggested let me call as I have spoken to Rob in the past.

I get my best service from my LHS and they should not wear any of this, leave it at that, please! I have told everyone what Rob said.

Edited by smu
Removed three words

16 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

Could you please use multi quote instead of posting six times?

I am very sorry, but what am I doing wrong?

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

16 hours ago, adam14 said:

You're misunderstanding. I had his original pair sent back and a new pair in the shop in under 7 days.

My misunderstanding? I must have missed a previous post. The post I replied to did not have this information.

41 minutes ago, smu said:

My misunderstanding? I must have missed a previous post. The post I replied to did not have this information.

55 minutes ago, smu said:

1 hour ago, smu said:

Thanks very much guys for your going to bat for me or against the LHS, but my LHS did what they could, a perfect scan and a problem at True's end picked up by Rob. The LHS did try and resolve the issue and was going to call again for me, but instead I suggested let me call as I have spoken to Rob in the past.

I get my best service from my LHS and they should not wear any of this, leave it at that, please! I have told everyone what Rob said.

1 hour ago, smu said:

Good to hear, and you are right, Rob was the man if you need a contact!

Mine may have left Friday, hopefully by priority!

1 hour ago, smu said:

Good to hear, I play this Tuesday morning and I only hope my skates arrive Monday.

I am sick of my old skates. I pronate and since the heel pocket is wide my ankle rolls in them.

I have been using one of our member's (Vet88) suggestions - heating the medial ankle and heel area then put that skate on and lay on the floor with that ankle area pointing up and then have someone stand on the that side of the skate boot.

This will fattening that side against my ankle / heel area, making the skates narrower and tighter fit for my foot. It will also making my foot stand up straighter in the boot because of the new remolding. This, along with my heel wedges, have made my games somewhat playable.

So glad to hear your experience!

Best of luck!

Someone please. Make. It. Stop. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, jared9356 said:

2 Junior games under my belt which the new wheels. Not gonna go in-depth about all the performance comments, that’s been covered here plenty. I will say that aside from the discomfort you would expect from brand new skates, they were the most comfortable skate I’ve worn. I’m still getting used to the feel and adjusting my mechanics, but it’s been seamless. My biggest issue, the bunionette, seems to have been successfully addressed (knock on wood). 

Its still a bit early for me to give a verdict, but I’m pleasantly surprised. My concern is with durability. There have been no signs of wear, I can just see the liner having issues as the skate has so little negative space. That being said, if the fit stays consistent and the skates hold up, I can’t see myself ever going back to “traditional” skates.

If you don't have one already, get yourself a shoe horn to help get the skates on and off. I picked up one for like $2 at IKEA that I keep in my bag.

5 hours ago, smu said:

Underneath the post you're trying to quote, there is a button that says Quote.  To the left of it, there is a button with a +.  You can click multiple posts to quote at one time.  Once you choose the first post, a pop up will appear in the bottom right hand corner that would say Quote 1 post.  If you add more posts, the total updates.  Then click the box and it puts it all in the post.

• Like 1

Apologies if this has already been posted, but I came across this PDF file while looking into the heat moulding process. It describes fitting True skates, heat moulding them, and getting a tighter ankle fit:

https://www.true-hockey.com/media/TRUE_Step_By_Step_Guide_EN_Online.compressed.pdf

I thought it might be of interest. 

Also, does anyone have a link to the description of how to clamp True skates in this thread. It’s a long thread, and I don’t want to read every page. 

Edited by Leif