Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
dsjunior1388

VH Footwear/TRUE by Scott Van Horne

4 minutes ago, smu said:

Nicholas,

He did not agree (nicely) with a comment I made on his high resolution photo of his skate, wherein it was my opinion that both holders were mounted very close to the lateral side. Seeing he was a pronator I suggested it might be his problem.

I was just told that he would not answer any more of my of mt replies, but I saw one that I should reply so everyone gets something out of it.

Nicholas,

I am here anytime to lend assistance if I can. I have spent the last 10 years researching pronation issue and how the skates are made versus how they are put togetherer and where to place holders etc. etc. and if I see someone needs hep I try to help.

I wish my True problems were not on here now just discrediting me!

Thanks

Good News:

For those of you that have followed my post regrading my True Skates I have contacted Rob, who knew of the situation. True initially made the mistakes, but mistakes happen and now I understand.

Rob has assured me that this rarely happens, but no matter what, things of this nature would have been fixed, in any event.

I am further assured that my skates will be much smaller and narrower, especially to my liking and being shipped out today or tomorrow. I only wished that I had called him earlier, as a few members suggested. He did say to call back and let him know how they feel!

Rob was a complete gentleman, just as he was from the time I was first itching to have a pair of VH skates, but just could not afford them at that point. This was prior to all of he changes (True and VH) and with now the LHS doing scans and the purchaser looses touch with the company, or so I thought.

I believe most know that I was reticent putting anything about this on our forum, but it just got too much for me, especially after the second pair came, then I waited and waited, so that's why I posted. Lack of information. 

I will ask Rob when I indicate that the skates are great that perhaps True should disclose everything and give instructions to the LHS to do the same thing, so they can communicate it to the buyer. In this instance the LHS does not have any legal right to discuss these issues.  But, allowing the LHS more leeway would help.

Now, True calling, would even give more credence to the customers, as they are then actually talking to a person from the real Company and can show they really care, not that they don't, they are very busy, but can probably find one like mine to give a call!

Please continue with your orders from True. Everything will be made to you satisfaction or you it can be adjusted, but please do expect a good skate when you order a pair. 

I now have my full confidence back in True! They have growing pains with staff showing they are getting more orders. More orders = more business = more people = More training = a more solvent company = more Confidence!

Edited by smu
punctuation marks + 1 spelling
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, smu said:

Good News:

For those of you that have followed my post regrading my True Skates I have contacted Rob, who knew of the situation. True initially made the mistakes, but mistakes happen and now I understand.

Rob has assured me that this rarely happens, but no matter what, things of this nature would have been fixed, in any event.

I am further assured that my skates will be much smaller and narrower, especially to my liking and being shipped out today or tomorrow. I only wished that I had called him earlier, as a few members suggested. He did say to call back and let him know how they feel!

Rob was a complete gentleman, just as he was from the time I was first itching to have a pair of VH skates, but just could not afford them at that point. This was prior to all of he changes (True and VH) and with now the LHS doing scans and the purchaser looses touch with the company, or so I thought.

I believe most know that I was reticent putting anything about this on our forum, but it just got too much for me, especially after the second pair came, then I waited and waited, so that's why I posted. Lack of information. 

I will ask Rob when I indicate that the skates are great that perhaps True should disclose everything and give instructions to the LHS to do the same thing, so they can communicate it to the buyer. In this instance the LHS does not have any legal right to discuss these issues.  But, allowing the LHS more leeway would help.

Now, True calling, would even give more credence to the customers, as they are then actually talking to a person from the real Company and can show they really care, not that they don't, they are very busy, but can probably find one like mine to give a call!

Please continue with your orders from True. Everything will be made to you satisfaction or you it can be adjusted, but please do expect a good skate when you order a pair. 

I now have my full confidence back in True! They have growing pains with staff showing they are getting more orders. More orders = more business = more people = More training = a more solvent company = more Confidence!

Glad to hear they're remaking them smaller. Did they determine how the original sizing was so off? Was the scanner incorrectly calibrated or was it another reason? Was the solution of foam taped in addressed?  I hope the remade skates fit perfectly and work well for you, but I am still curious to know how the first skates ended up so large. 

3 minutes ago, Leif said:

Do let us know what the new skates are like, but no need to write War and Peace ... Glad to hear your woes should be over. 🙂

Oh What a relief, if I only had done that 3 weeks ago, but I was trying to follow the LHS 100% A place I still like and they did try.

Thanks though - I was told the skates were short and narrow!

Just now, althoma1 said:

Glad to hear they're remaking them smaller. Did they determine how the original sizing was so off? Was the scanner incorrectly calibrated or was it another reason? Was the solution of foam taped in addressed?  I hope the remade skates fit perfectly and work well for you, but I am still curious to know how the first skates ended up so large. 

Thanks very much, there was an error obviously and no need to go into it, but as I just told a member they are coming in short and narrow this weekend!

54 minutes ago, althoma1 said:

I am re-posting as I see I left things out, but I can't really explain too much when I heard that my skates were ready and will fit shorter and narrower! I know the problem came during the first try but was not a scan issue and the main issue although mostly the problem was not the total, but much too hard to explain especially 4 hours after I spoke to Rob. I was so excited to hear good things I forgot about the toe inserts. Nothing seemed to matter anymore.

====================

I was told how part happened and was not part of the scan at all. All I want to say is I now wish that I had called Rob sooner than later. You may have told me to call, I am not sure.

But, from my discussion I don't think what went on will ever happen again, if that makes you feel more comfortable!

My feeling have changed 100% and now wish I never posted here, complete confidence in True and that's final! 🙂

My only regrets are that I did post the problem 3 or 4 times, but I thought that it might be new to a lot of the members when they came on this thread. I would have stopped it in an instant as it takes me an 30 minutes to get a 3 minute email out.

I also think I have gained a few enemies (something I can say that I never had) just for trying to help, but I blame myself, perhaps I try too hard.

Maybe I don't comment "about what I think" for a change, but I always say IMOH or "look it up in case I am wrong" or "I think"!

Cheers all smiles 🙂

Edited by smu
I thought I was doing another message not edit?

41 minutes ago, Leif said:

Do let us know what the new skates are like, but no need to write War and Peace ... Glad to hear your woes should be over. 🙂

No "War and Piece" 🙂 That was never meant to be. I got a great feeling with talking to Rob once again, getting a full explanation and a great feeling again about True VH. Thanks for any input - Cheers

3 hours ago, smu said:

Nicholas,

He did not agree (nicely) with a comment I made on his high resolution photo of his skate, wherein it was my opinion that both holders were mounted very close to the lateral side. Seeing he was a pronator I suggested it might be his problem.

I was just told that he would not answer any more of my of mt replies, but I saw one that I should reply so everyone gets something out of it.

Nicholas,

Called Rob, skates re in the mail, great talk my impression of True back up to 100% Minor error stumbled into a larger one then mine are now ready short and narrow.

I tried to give a nice article to Sniper9 I hope he look at it with me helping not bothering, but II had to do it.

Thanks for any help - SMU

On 11/19/2018 at 2:35 PM, strosedefence34 said:

@smu not to beat a dead horse, but I am with you. Holder issue aside you got scanned and you got a skate that was completely wrong... okay that happens sometimes. You and your shop think re-scanning/ sending pictures and notes back saying everything that is wrong with the first pair is a good idea.  I agree maybe the first scan was in fact messed up.  This is on True to compare the two scans, notes and pictures and say something isn't adding up here.  Maybe the experience True fitters on the board are correct and the scanner isn't calibrated properly then they could have contacted the LHS and let them know that something is way off with these scans and they could have troubleshot with the LHS to ensure you got scanned correctly.  You might have had to come in for a third scan, but that's better than a third pair of skates.  There just seems to be a disconnect from a customer service standpoint.

I used to work in computer repairs and if we got a repeat customer with a repeat issue that wasn't solved the first time around we would usually have one of our more experienced people check out their computer the second time because we really wanted to nail the issue and not have them come back a third time. 

Contacted True - Rob, great to deal with, my skates are just finished and in the mail today hopefully. There was no glitch with the scanner it was something in the information that they took a bit wrong and  then things multiplied, The holders were confirmed to be misaligned and that issue will be taken u[p with whoever put them on. It was just a couple of things that turned into a monster. Rob said I would like these short and narrow skates and I believe him. I have dealt with him int the past and always a joy to talk to. Thanks for your help.

@smu I'm curious, who's paying for this little disaster? I certainly hope you got a hefty price break.

Just curious, you don't have to share if you don't want to.

4 minutes ago, stick9 said:

@smu I'm curious, who's paying for this little disaster? I certainly hope you got a hefty price break.

Just curious, you don't have to share if you don't want to.

What should I expect, I played 18 games with lousy skates (ones I was trying to post and heat with a gun to mold straighter and still have problems). The new ones arrived before the start of my playing season. Can I claim this?

Believe me I had my right knee felling sore wearing the larger skate (3 or 4 games I think), but they were much easier to play with because I had no pronation problems. Hopefully I will have them back for my 19th game Tuesday, I can't wait to finally play like I really can.

I did have to pay an extra $230 incl tax before I could take the first pair because I was told the holder makes the size and they don't use the size 5 of my skate. The new skate was said to be a senior skate (I guess it was at the time).

Rob said my boot / holder and / blade were too large and my size for them should have been a 5 to 5.5 and now are much smaller and narrower. I never thought about the extra I paid, but I did mean to mention it.

But now I have a built in arch and a nice stiff boot that fits perfectly, so Rob feels and from my discussion I feel he is right.

I will bring up the extra cost with my LHS, unless Rob sees this post first and does something about it!

I do try hard on these post to be helpful and sensitive, contrary to some posts I made that I am sorry for it seemed to feed on my problems, but I am also sorry to be so pushy with Sniper9 thinking I was trying to help him when he did not want help!

It goes further, I now feel bad just by posting all this stuff against True, it was just a mistake! My suggestion that someone from True calls next time there is a complication like this would be great or as I was told by a few I should have called Rob ages ago.

Once I play I certainly will let everyone know.

Thanks Rob

Cheers and Thanks to all the members - SMU

Holy shit, you paid for an holder swap that True screwed up in the first place. Not only that, they screwed up your skates once, they tried to band-aid fix the same pair with foam and masking tape. 

Honestly, you're getting screwed. True and your LHS should be eating the cost of the skates and refunding your money for the holder swap which should have been free in the first place. They should be apologizing to you, not the other way around.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, stick9 said:

Holy shit, you paid for an holder swap that True screwed up in the first place. Not only that, they screwed up your skates once, they tried to band-aid fix the same pair with foam and masking tape. 

Honestly, you're getting screwed. True and your LHS should be eating the cost of the skates and refunding your money for the holder swap which should have been free in the first place. They should be apologizing to you, not the other way around.

Getting a refund for the holder swap and extra fee for a "Sr" skate would be suffice. A full refund and a free skate... That's kind of pushing it. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sniper9 said:

Getting a refund for the holder swap and extra fee for a "Sr" skate would be suffice. A full refund and a free skate... That's kind of pushing it. 

The difference between the Sr and Jr is all that is needed. Again far to much is being put on True and not enough on the dealer sending better information.  Yiu can only build off what you gave to go with. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, stick9 said:

Thanks very much for your great reply!  I never thought of the holder, mine was fine so was my blade, used but in good shape and the blade was over 1/2 left and was my second blade in two years as i had missed a lot through injuries.  15 games played because of a shoulder injury in December of 2017 until March 2018!  But, I was asking to have the holders changed to perhaps the "Marsblade", but was told the we now had no choice that we had to take True Holders and their StepSteel. But I could actually put my old holders on with my LS3 blades back on for another year at least as they were not bad!

That's got to be $200 or more inclusive. I do have to say that I did get a complete apology from Rob and that he should have picked up on the whole issue (if early enough)had he reviewed the issue and would have immediately caught on to the problem. 

However, I don't want to go too far, but I see your point. There is over 2 months of of sheer agony, of waiting and posting and the loss of good hockey twice per week at approximately $10 per game, the holders and blades that could really be used, at less than the new price of $200 lets say $150 and the knee issue and definitely falling twice hard on an already sore shoulder, but directly related to the oversize Trues when I tried to use them. What is fair?

Rob did the best he could and I remember him saying that he added an NHL liner that is not offered in the regular selling skate, but says it will be a great addition!

Perhaps that is an even trade off. I don't want to fleece anybody I have been in insurance claims all my life and I know what that can be like. That being said though, I know now some compensation would be appreciated. I would not expect much, but I do feel I have lost somethings from this problem.

Let me know what you think if you don't mind?

Thanks for your great reply!

SMU

Edited by smu

12 minutes ago, oldtrainerguy28 said:

The difference between the Sr and Jr is all that is needed. Again far to much is being put on True and not enough on the dealer sending better information.  Yiu can only build off what you gave to go with. 

As I understand it the LHS was not the problem, but the initial makers did not connect the dots and not looking at the whole concept leading to the problem. What was given to to True, Rob said that if he saw it initially he would have known what the issue was and I would have had the skates back the first time the way I like them, but did not get involved until this got out of hand at the second try the he entered the picture and it was resolved.

As i said I do not want to fleece anybody, but if I was pushed there could be many avenues out there!

What about my holders and blades, the only factor here is that to make the skate is to use their holders and steel of True.

The other things are not nebulous, but real. Do I bother kick up a stink!

Thanks for responding, much appreciated!

SMU

1 hour ago, Sniper9 said:

Thanks for responding Sniper, I thought I lost you. I do want the reduction of Junior versus Senior or $230 incl tax. This was the first price quoted to me and was $799 I believe. True first misinterpreted the LHS information. Rob said that if he was there when the info first came in that there would be no mistake! He also said he has yet to look into the misaligned holders but he does agree that they are not correct!

Rob does peak in here from time to time so you will know I am being 100% honest.

It would be nice to get back my Junior price of $230 and maybe the complete cost of the games I played and did not enjoy, except a few times when I wore the rather large True skates that were very stiff and helped with pronation, but definitely they caused me to fall twice by being too large and hurting my previously year's injury, the shoulder and tested my left patella.

Cheers and nice talking to you again. - SMU

Ok so if I am going but what your saying above.... I have a top ranked CHL prospect in next years draft. He was custom fitted by Bauer at a cost of 1500.00 tax in. His skates were made a half inch to long and a good half inch to wide. 

By he theory in your post the bone bruise he received and subsequent 3 league games in his draft year to the OHL and potential revenue to when drafted to the NHL and slippage that might have happened from ILL fitting skates, Bauer should compensate him? 

They have offered to rebuild the skates no charge  but he had to find a pair to wear in the 2 week period it would take? 

He's declined went back to his Ture skates I repaired and scored and end to end goal as a D on a wrap around. Hes not coming out of True skates.

Although your situation is not a good one and everyone has now agreed I think your reaching wayyyyyyy beyond. 

If you paid for that holder on the old skate Rob would easily send it back. 

A simple call. But asking for compensation for games lost? For falling? There is no way to prove the skates caused you to fall!!! Let's get you in your new skates make sure your comfortable and I'm sure the SHOP will refund if they took the money or True will refund your Sr to JR differential.  If your out steel you purchased? I'm sure Rob wi get you another set. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, oldtrainerguy28 said:

Maybe yes, maybe no. In the end it's True's product on his feet and their reputation. They gave the shop the tools and the training to use it and they built the skates. They can do right by then customer then put pressure on the shop to get their crap together. 

@smu I can't tell you how to handle the situation, that's up to you. Im fairly certain you are entitled to some relief. Paying full price for this disaster is a flat out screw job.

• Like 1

Tbh this thread is starting to sound like feeding the trolls...

Simply all be decent human beings, acknowledge that wherever humans are working there are going to be honest mistakes rather than malice, and work directly with those humans in question to address. In this specific case, lets have smu receive his new skates, see what he can work out with Rob directly, have a summary and go from there.

• Like 8

OK, enough, this was early this morning talk, over a beer! I should have been in bed as I was half asleep at the laptop.

I know exactly what I can and cannot do, In my career I have seen far too many people push the envelope and it gets crazy.

I do appreciate the help that was given early this morning or late last night, whatever, but that's not me. I was not thinking of revenge, I was just glad things were looking good, in fact I even forgot to ask about the extra charge. I did figuratively miss all of my games by sliding around on the ice for the most part. But that then, now I have something to look forward to.

Let me handle this my way and if just get a good pair of skates back and I am sure I will, I won't even have to mention the price difference, it will just just come back as a normal refund to me.

Since this is forum is monitored by True I believe I could have had some information long before now and all of this would have been all shut down long ago.

The best thing to lean here is that hopefully, if something like this happens again, someone from True should step in and contact the purchaser as early as possible. Or give the LHS the information and legal power to contact the purchaser and explain what is going on.

This would have helped here by keeping the lid on everything.

Thanks again everyone. - Cheers

its nice to see it took a month of you bitching on a message board for a solution that your shop could have had resolved in 3 days.

Did True mess up sizing? Sure. but it sounds like the LHS made minimal effort to bring the attention to true. 

When I fit a JR player for Trues in the summer there was an issue with materials beneath the ankle foam, there was a sharp piece protruding and it was very uncomfortable. It wasn't until I tried the skate on myself that I realized there was something there. I called and emailed True every day for a week until they agreed to a resolution. 

I'd be questioning how much your LHS appreciates your business after this circus way more than questioning Trues customer service. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, smu said:

Rob did the best he could and I remember him saying that he added an NHL liner that is not offered in the regular selling skate, but says it will be a great addition!

This is the most troubling thing I've seen in this whole thread.  True has always claimed that the skate you're getting is exactly the same as what the pros get.  Now it sounds as if that isn't completely true, (pun intended).

32 minutes ago, boo10 said:

This is the most troubling thing I've seen in this whole thread.  True has always claimed that the skate you're getting is exactly the same as what the pros get.  Now it sounds as if that isn't completely true, (pun intended).

A minor issue, the skate otherwise is the same.