Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
dsjunior1388

VH Footwear/TRUE by Scott Van Horne

Man I wish I was a high enough level where 100g matters.

Probably really, really doesn't.

I can't understand exact meaning of these native English... But I trust my feeling because almost people I've seen who have experiences using MLX skates said that it was heavy for them if my memory is correct.

If I can make my next VH under 750g with enhanced protection, really I will be satisfied with it.

Mimizk, they're saying that 100g doesn't matter. I agree with them. In the world of MSH, every gram matters, but on the ice it won't make a bit of difference.

• Like 1

Thank you Mattc,

Sorry guys, I don't like heavy boots. I don't have a taste to choose heavy boots than lighter.

You guys wrote 100g is not matter. I saw some skate weight on the internet while I wrote current posts though, it was maybe about 400g. Really the weights can be training for you? Or 100g is not matter but 400 is much matter?

Probably I can play more happier if skates go down around 500g! The feeling may be flying

The way I see it - for any given game or ice time I have at least 100g or more of extra food or "beverage" in my stomach anyways!

For a bigger guy myself, I don't see the weight of equipment as being a huge issue (within reason), but evidently it's different for other players.

• Like 2

It's flexible.... But I don't know if the degree of flexibility would be same as mako. It isn't articulated. It's 1 piece. Feels good on leg.

I wouldn't say it's angled forward... Unless it was installed differently or the boot was formed at an angle.

• Like 1

Thought I read a couple pages back the tendon guard is more flexible than Bauer but not as flexible as Mako. Could be wrong though.

Hoping my skates don't take until September 30th to ship since it falls in the Junior sizing. Press release said they start shipping September 30th, but Rob told me there are a few ready to ship now.

We will see, wouldn't be happy with 2+ months shipping.

Thought I read a couple pages back the tendon guard is more flexible than Bauer but not as flexible as Mako. Could be wrong though.

Hoping my skates don't take until September 30th to ship since it falls in the Junior sizing. Press release said they start shipping September 30th, but Rob told me there are a few ready to ship now.

We will see, wouldn't be happy with 2+ months shipping.

I'm actually getting mine shipped within the next two weeks, and I fall into Junior sizing as well.

It's flexible.... But I don't know if the degree of flexibility would be same as mako. It isn't articulated. It's 1 piece. Feels good on leg.

I wouldn't say it's angled forward... Unless it was installed differently or the boot was formed at an angle.

Thank you the good information!

Also I want to know about the new plastic toe cap. How much it will bring additional heavy instead of normal carbon toe cap?

I've been feeling that the 1st type VH skates have rivet problem. Its side leathher continue to underside of the boots though it doesn't cover all rivets. Only the foredest rivet is not covered so there is a gap which the same thickness as side leather between boot and holder. I want to solve this.

Okay, so here's a little video of my first impressions.

I'll do another once I have a bit more time with em, let me know if you have any questions, and I'll answer em in the next video.

• Like 2

I asked some questions to Scott last night.

He answered the weight gain for the new plastic toe cap is slightly. At least it should not be over 30g.
Then I wanted to make sure boots underside with the new plastic toe cap because I've been thinking to reduce this gap.

lpktQgtl.jpg

He said the gap is reduced if we choose the new plastic toe cap.

Christ these are hard to get on... Hurt a little putting em on even . Just me? Heat gunned the. Eyelet out a little as per the video on vh website, but still a bit painful trying to get my foot in. Absolutely fine once it's there though.

Christ these are hard to get on... Hurt a little putting em on even . Just me? Heat gunned the. Eyelet out a little as per the video on vh website, but still a bit painful trying to get my foot in. Absolutely fine once it's there though.

Sorry I couldn't understand your sentences completely. But it's hard to slide your foot into your VH boot and at that time you have a pain, right?

Almost people on this thread feel similar difficulty to put on VH boots. VH's Eyelet fin would not be open as the other traditional boots so it makes harder to put on. But if you got hurt, it's wrong. methosb has wrote you should bake your boots though, have you not baked your boots yet?

Yep, mine are hard to get on too. It's like baking them makes them wrap TOO well. I did use a heat gun to pull out some of the area and that helped but it's still quite tight there.

If we want to spread all of boots inside because feel too tight, it's better to wear extra sox additionally or choose thicker sox as mountain trekking/climbing purpose. Also if you feel tight section in part, put some spongy on your foot where the part and its opposite side as same then wear sox. If you put spongy only single side, it will break boots symmetry.

• Like 1

If we want to spread all of boots inside because feel too tight, it's better to wear extra sox additionally or choose thicker sox as mountain trekking/climbing purpose. Also if you feel tight section in part, put some spongy on your foot where the part and its opposite side as same then wear sox. If you put spongy only single side, it will break boots symmetry.

If they feel too tight and you want to widen the boots from the inside, then it's better to wear an extra pair of socks or choose a thicker pair of socks, such as those for mountain climbing. Also, if you feel pinching, then place a sponge-like material or silicon gel pad where it hurts--place on both sides of the foot, or else it'll feel awkward.

Edited by mc88