Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
dsjunior1388

VH Footwear/TRUE by Scott Van Horne

Not sure if drunk or tired.... Haha

How many eyelets do you have undone? Definitely do not squeeze your foot in there. It will prematurely break down the heel and you could have some major issues.

It may sound inconvenient but you may want to try just unlacing to the last 3-4 eyelets. I used to do this with my Supremes and sat with my skates untied for 15 or so minutes. Your foot swells up as the day goes on and it's good to let it set in the boot before tying anyways (in my opinion).

I've always felt more comfortable doing this

It could be a superstition but it works for me.

If they feel too tight and you want to widen the boots from the inside, then it's better to wear an extra pair of socks or choose a thicker pair of socks, such as those for mountain climbing. Also, if you feel pinching, then place a sponge-like material or silicon gel pad where it hurts--place on both sides of the foot, or else it'll feel awkward.

Everytime thank you mc88 :facepalm:

But I use the sponge material when baking. Put sponge onto foot and after wear socks. The way is used at ski fitting shop. I also used the same way when I baked my VH boots.

Everytime thank you mc88 :facepalm:

But I use the sponge material when baking. Put sponge onto foot and after wear socks. The way is used at ski fitting shop. I also used the same way when I baked my VH boots.

Interesting. I'm going I'll use this method when baking my retail skates (I have width issues). Thanks!

Definitely not a tight boot. In fact it's by far the most comfortable skate I've ever worn. It's just the outside around 4-5 eyelets down is difficult to get your foot past because of how good the heat molding wrapped the skate around my foot. VH has a video explaining how to spot heat the area and pull out a little bit, and I've done that once already. I just need to get around to doing it again.

Interesting. I'm going I'll use this method when baking my retail skates (I have width issues). Thanks!

The sponge which I was given from ski boots fitter (also I've been using some custom Sidas insoles which were made by the man) was about 5mm thickness and put double sided tape. So I could put it on my bare foot and wear socks after that easily. The fitter said that if it doesn't use both side, there is a possibility that opposite part will be widened rather than the part which you wanted to widen.

The thing that makes them so hard to get on (as optimus said) is that indentation. However, that is what helps give the great heel lock. I spot heat treated that area a tad to make it a bit easier to get on, but if you want to keep the great heel lock, don't get rid of it too much. I have to loosen the laces down more than I would with other skates to get them on. At any rate, I've either adapted/gotten used to it or they've loosened up a bit because it doesn't seem that hard to get on anymore.

Out of curiosity, how many of you use waxed laces on these skates, and how many of you don't? Also, did you use/not use waxed laces on previous pairs?

Out of curiosity, how many of you use waxed laces on these skates, and how many of you don't? Also, did you use/not use waxed laces on previous pairs?

I used waxed laces on all my skates prior, and do not use waxed for my VH's

Maybe what's needed is a shoehorn for the top of the foot. It could possibly be made of termoplastic: just some shell over the instep of the foot to spread out the pressure / take the brunt of the force applied by the moulded facing that's bruising people's feet. Pop it on the foot for getting in the boot, once the foot's in, slide it out.

Edited by flip12

I used to use waxed laces on everything prior to my Makos and VHs. I've tried wax laces on both of those and didn't like it. I would get them too tight with the waxed laces and they hurt. I don't really need/want to tie either of those skates very tight.

Others have posted that the vh skates work better when theyre not tied too tightly. Thats what ive found for myself. I used to tie them very tightly but now allow a little slack for flexing at the ankle.

The wrap is good enough to not have to tie it as tightly.

Yea, same thing with the Mako. The wrap is so good that tying them tightly doesn't really accomplish much. My Makos are barely snug until the last couple eyelets. My VH goalie skates are tighter but that's just because they have such a perfect molding to my feet that I could probably crank them down and it wouldn't hurt my feet. I don't need waxed laces in either of them, just because the wrap is so good on my foot.

Christ these are hard to get on... Hurt a little putting em on even . Just me? Heat gunned the. Eyelet out a little as per the video on vh website, but still a bit painful trying to get my foot in. Absolutely fine once it's there though.

Christ these are hard to get on... Hurt a little putting em on even . Just me? Heat gunned the. Eyelet out a little as per the video on vh website, but still a bit painful trying to get my foot in. Absolutely fine once it's there though.

Try putting them on like this: https://youtu.be/gITaMaJAv8A

I use wax laces but don't tie them that tight, I am just picky about how they are tied and unwaxed laces won't stay in place after I have tied them how I want them.

I had used waxed laces for traditional skate boots. But now for VH, I've been using unwaxed laces.

More than 10years I had used waxed laces only. So I didn't know that unwax laces consume its surface grip as such this fast.

Afinogenov sticking with VH, and going full-retro-vapor in the boots' custom dress:

den_6616_rs.jpg

Also, I'm curious, has anyone inquired about extra vamping at the top two eyelets, a la 55-flex?

• Like 5

Afinogenov sticking with VH, and going full-retro-vapor in the boots' custom dress:

den_6616_rs.jpg

Also, I'm curious, has anyone inquired about extra vamping at the top two eyelets, a la 55-flex?

It would not be needed for most as the ramp angle is set to be the most effective. That being said I do have one VH client that has them and really likes them!

It would not be needed for most as the ramp angle is set to be the most effective. That being said I do have one VH client that has them and really likes them!

I've been considering 55-flex on my MLX (which apparently aren't available on the company site at the moment). If I can afford to, I'll probably order some VH in the next few months. I'm just trying to figure out ahead of time what kinds of modifications I may be interested in.

Edited by flip12