Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

12 hours ago, oldtrainerguy28 said:

yes but now they are the follower and not the leader.

We both know that means squat. If you really wanted to get technical. Bauer has more experience with custom skates and has been building them much longer than True. True was simply the first one to use a 3D scanner.

So who followed who...

Edited by stick9

20 minutes ago, stick9 said:

We both know that means squat. If you really wanted to get technical. Bauer has more experience with custom skates and has been building them much longer than True. True was simply the first one to use a 3D scanner.

So who followed who...

Wow can you all settle down geeezzzzzz.

It was a simple fun jab. Holy crap.

Bauer has been making skates for decades we all know that and CCM is over 100 years in the skate business. 

Pretty sure I know what's going on around the industry.  @JR Boucicaut see what you started.. hahahahaha 😁

1 hour ago, stick9 said:

What flavor is that, fruit punch or Triple Berry?

In regards to Jobs. Its not so much about making something people want. It’s about making something people can’t live without. 

When it comes to skates. You can’t tell me there aren’t some tense meetings in the offices of True these days. Your nice little niche market just got invaded by the industries leading manufacturer.

Hey I’d love to wear Bauer or CCM. If they can do what True does is be all for it. 

12 hours ago, JR Boucicaut said:

What's funny about that is that a customized skate will most likely appease the masses.  There were so many custom skate jobs I rejected from people who just wanted a different liner or a different tongue.  Like, being able to get Bobby Clarke tongues was the biggest conversation when it came to getting a skate built up from the ground.

I agree completely with you on this.  Supreme felt is my all time favorite...

Howdy,

So is Bauer now offering a true "built to your scanned foot" skate?  I quickly looked at bauer.com and just saw the 'old' scanner talking about matching you to one of their three existing lines.

Is there more info somewhere publicly?

Mark

It hasn't launched yet, hence no information.  Everything will be clearer when it launches, if not sooner as the date approaches.  

• Like 1

If anyone has any questions on Bauer’s myBauer program, please feel free to post your questions on this thread and I will do my best to answer when possible. 

@JRB: Let’s touch base next week on LS5. 

• Like 1

On 7/20/2018 at 8:51 PM, JDub said:

If anyone has any questions on Bauer’s myBauer program, please feel free to post your questions on this thread and I will do my best to answer when possible. 

I’ve just had my feet re-scanned (and as a side note, am leary, as this new scan puts me at a 8-8.5EE, and my previous scans from two different retailer were 9EE,but, whatever), and have ordered, with deposit, a pair of 2Ns. Would the customs be anything above and beyond what is currently being offered in a retail Nexus as far as features go, or would they simply just be custom sizing?

Edited by Siponarius
Clarifying question

1 hour ago, Siponarius said:

I’ve just had my feet re-scanned (and as a side note, am leary, as this new scan puts me at a 8-8.5EE, and my previous scans from two different retailer were 9EE,but, whatever), and have ordered, with deposit, a pair of 2Ns. Would the customs be anything above and beyond what is currently being offered in a retail Nexus?

Yes, they are custom.

• Facepalm 1

12 hours ago, JDub said:

Emailed

On 7/21/2018 at 2:51 PM, JDub said:

Hopefully you can clear this up for me at some point in the future.

Will a full custom boot built from their own scanned foot shape be available to retail masses (a boot that is built from a last that is built from their foot scan)? Or will the boot be built from an existing last that is as close as possible to their foot shape and then the boot heat molded to their foot? If it is the latter and there isn't a last that ticks all the boxes (eg volume issues) then what happens?

Edited by Vet88

That video would lead you to believe they will using the scan to create a 3D model of your foot and build the skate around that. If so, that's a pretty significant step forward.

45 minutes ago, stick9 said:

That video would lead you to believe they will using the scan to create a 3D model of your foot and build the skate around that. If so, that's a pretty significant step forward.

Yeah looks to be that way.  They have to keep up with CCM and True.  I remember when the 3D lab came out someone hinted at the fact that it was going to be used for this in the future.  I didn't think it would be a 3D print though.

Howdy,

4 hours ago, strosedefence34 said:

Yeah looks to be that way.  They have to keep up with CCM and True.  I remember when the 3D lab came out someone hinted at the fact that it was going to be used for this in the future.  I didn't think it would be a 3D print though.

I was in the local Pure today and one of the guys there was saying that True actually had something like 300 lasts, and what they really do is use your scan to find the one that's closest to your foot.  No clue if that's actually True's process though.

My question for  @JDub... At the store the guy showed me some magnets they were getting read that seemed to be related to the custom skate stuff.  Those magnets had all three model lines on them, with a price next to each for the custom skate.  I don't remember anything about the price other than "all over $1.1k, Holy crap!"  :-), but later I wondered... What's the difference between the three lines, if the skates are custom?  Just the graphics package?

Mark

11 minutes ago, marka said:

Howdy,

I was in the local Pure today and one of the guys there was saying that True actually had something like 300 lasts, and what they really do is use your scan to find the one that's closest to your foot.  No clue if that's actually True's process though.

My question for  @JDub... At the store the guy showed me some magnets they were getting read that seemed to be related to the custom skate stuff.  Those magnets had all three model lines on them, with a price next to each for the custom skate.  I don't remember anything about the price other than "all over $1.1k, Holy crap!"  :-), but later I wondered... What's the difference between the three lines, if the skates are custom?  Just the graphics package?

Mark

I’d like to know the answer to this as well. If this is truly going to be a full custom skate, what’s the point of choosing between Vapor, Supreme and Nexus?

I imagine the answer comes down to features. Perhaps even in a full custom, a Vapor cannot get the Supreme flexible tendon guard, and Supreme cannot get the Vapor asymmetrical eyelet alignment or x rib quarter pattern.

5 minutes ago, BlueNux said:

I’d like to know the answer to this as well. If this is truly going to be a full custom skate, what’s the point of choosing between Vapor, Supreme and Nexus?

I imagine the answer comes down to features. Perhaps even in a full custom, a Vapor cannot get the Supreme flexible tendon guard, and Supreme cannot get the Vapor asymmetrical eyelet alignment or x rib quarter pattern.

Comes down to skate depth. The scanner will recommend a skate based on depth, width will be determined by the last the skate is manufactured with. 

2 minutes ago, lslcs4lif said:

Comes down to skate depth. The scanner will recommend a skate based on depth, width will be determined by the last the skate is manufactured with. 

So they don’t adjust the instep depth/volume? I was under the assumption that a true custom skate would customize everything, from width, instep depth, etc. 

I’m in supremes now and they still have the metatarsal guard dig into the top of my foot and I fail the pencil test a bit. I swim in Nexus. 

6 minutes ago, lslcs4lif said:

We're talking about custom. 

Width most definitely isn’t determined by retail last if that is what you’re suggesting.  Pro stock/custom “D” is the same (all else held constant) regardless of which line you select, and has been that way forever. 

We should probably just wait for the full download from JR/JDub instead of confusing people via speculation.