Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
ggmunsen

Cooper 4500 Helmet making a return

18 minutes ago, BenBreeg said:

SK2000 and SK600 were the Coopers I remember.  Would love some gloves though.

My brother wore an SK2000. I had an XL7, which will never make a comeback. 

14 minutes ago, yrhmblnr8r said:

My brother wore an SK2000. I had an XL7, which will never make a comeback. 

No, it won't!  LOL, if someone wore one of those they were typecast as "the kid with the weird helmet".

I loved this helmet as a kid (the Bauer 4500), but it seems that after puberty it never really fit my head properly anymore. Had the round Yofa

Edited by Miller55

I'm not saying this is why they are doing it, however, follow me here...

In July 2016, there was an opposition filed to the USPTO (https://trademarks.justia.com/859/34/cooper-85934700.html).  I'm guessing that someone challenged Bauer's ownership of the trademark for not having it used in commerce and their attorneys went into motion. 

A year later, the opposition was mysteriously dropped, and Bauer has since asked the USPTO for extensions, to the tune of a 5th extension filed and granted in March of this year. 

So, my guess is USPTO told Bauer to either shit or get off the pot, and this offering is them getting off the pot.

BTW, this is why the NHL, for many years, has kept their top past team logos as offerings (i.e. NY Americans, Hartford Whalers, Minnesota North Stars, Quebec Nordiques) on nhl.com.

Anyhow, carry on.

Edited by JunkyardAthletic
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

If hockey companies want to market to people in their 40s and 50s with vintage looking gear, now would be a good time. 

Getting Bauer Ultrasonics leg pads with Cooper down the outer leg panels would be cool.

8642645485_9eef83e6b7_b.jpg

12 minutes ago, caveman27 said:

If hockey companies want to market to people in their 40s and 50s with vintage looking gear, now would be a good time. 

In that vein, modsquad users, aging hockey nerds of the internet, what “vintage” gear do you want to see reissued? Either updated for modern play, or manufactured as was. And you can define “vintage” however you want. 

8 hours ago, start_today said:

In that vein, modsquad users, aging hockey nerds of the internet, what “vintage” gear do you want to see reissued? Either updated for modern play, or manufactured as was. And you can define “vintage” however you want. 

Now that I actually think about it, nothing really.  The Nexus gloves have carried on the Cooper BDP legacy and I love those.  Everything else from a skater’s perspective to me has moved on in weight and protection so I won’t pay just for the novelty of the name.

10 hours ago, start_today said:

Before Easton was absorbed, I would have liked to have seen a one-piece stick branded/wrapped like the old Wayne Gretzky shiny aluminum twig... 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, JR Boucicaut said:

There wasn't a Cooper 4000 or a 4500. The Cooper 3000 became the Bauer 3000, then the 4000 and 4500 followed.

I realized after posting that the original model was a 3000, then the subsequent transition towards the 4500... Have to admit though, it looks cool to see Cooper on there again. 

11 hours ago, start_today said:

Gloves for sure. Keep the modern tech, but give me old school color schemes. Modern gloves are boring and drab. I loved those tan mitts the Stars wore for that outdoor game, same for the throw back Jets gloves from the heritage classic.

An old school CCM bucket would be badass. Give me one of those with modern day padding. Don't skimp, I want the red and blue CCM logo too.

• Like 5

Gotta agree with Stick9 on the glove colorways. Do a run of throwback graphics/schemes (think Warrior Remix from a few years ago)  Whalers, Yotes, North Stars, Canucks , Devils , White cuff Bruins, Blues etc.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, stick9 said:

Gloves for sure. Keep the modern tech, but give me old school color schemes. Modern gloves are boring and drab. I loved those tan mitts the Stars wore for that outdoor game, same for the throw back Jets gloves from the heritage classic.

An old school CCM bucket would be badass. Give me one of those with modern day padding. Don't skimp, I want the red and blue CCM logo too.

There is clearly a market for these gloves since every time PSH gets the Whaler gloves they are basically instantly sold up and sell for a markup. I've been trying to find a pair of those and the Blue Retros for a while... resorted to ordering custom Eagles to get the blues ones done.

• Like 2