Jump to content
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
SkateWorksPNW

CCM FT4 Pro skate leaked?

Recommended Posts

Yeah, I thought the big gold sections on the Ultrasonic were bad. CCM just took it to another level of ugliness with the huge stripes and giant logo. Companies should offer a retail blackout edition (I know you can likely do it with custom skates, but not everyone wants or needs to spend that much on skates) for players that want to be a little more inconspicuous.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, CaptainCharisma said:

I do. 🙂

 

Im not overly picky about style but even I wont wear anything this ugly... Good thing the new Ribcor skate will be one-piece and looks very tame in comparison. 

Edited by SkateWorksPNW
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mmm, maybe I will grab FT3s when they go on sale.  I liked my Ribcores at first coming from old skates because they were comfortable but longer term the heel is too loose and the forefoot too snug.  Also, not enough volume in the instep.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, CaptainCharisma said:

Looks like they changed the toe cap finally.

An asymmetrical toe cap. I am glad to see that CCM and Bauer are finally adding a feature that the Makos had in 2013. I am actually glad to see that as the Makos have my favourite toe caps of all time. Hopefully True comes out with a Mako like asymmetrical toe caps as well.

7 hours ago, 215BroadStBullies610 said:

Well, look at the bright side: you won't be able to miss them when worn on the ice haha. As an Easton Mako fanboy, looks are overrated haha😌

Ha! It was only the OG Makos that looked questionable with the orange and silver IMHO. I think the Mako II is a nice looking skate. The M7 and M8 aren't bad either. 

With that said, I would wear anything that fits me as well as Makos once my Mako stockpile runs out. If these clown skates fit like Makos I would wear them (although I might see if I could remove some graphics with acetone). 

4 hours ago, caveman27 said:

It looks good except for the huge red stripe.

You're fine with the enormous CCM logo?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, BenBreeg said:

Mmm, maybe I will grab FT3s when they go on sale.  I liked my Ribcores at first coming from old skates because they were comfortable but longer term the heel is too loose and the forefoot too snug.  Also, not enough volume in the instep.

FT2s. They skipped FT3 on order to keep up with the FT4 stick release. 

Honestly, I think they look sick, but I would never wear them because that kind of flashy doesn't appeal to me. But I kinda like the look. If I would wear them I'd probably try to paint them black though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Miller55 said:

FT2s. They skipped FT3 on order to keep up with the FT4 stick release. 

Honestly, I think they look sick, but I would never wear them because that kind of flashy doesn't appeal to me. But I kinda like the look. If I would wear them I'd probably try to paint them black though

Oops, yep.

as for the colors, reminds me of some throwback racing type scheme from the. 70s for some reason.  Definitely not my style, but neither is any of the current stuff from any manufacturer.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In general, I like this new CCM trend: bigger and bolder graphics look better than super detailed graphics we have today. Same thing can be said about todays goalie masks: I hate Daveart graphics, but love 80-90´s Greg Harrison designs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

“has the look that all players will remember when you fly right past them”

Certainly has. And another advantage. The goalie will be laughing so hard that he’ll forget to try to save your shot. 

Look good, feel good, play good. Look like a dork ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Leif said:

“has the look that all players will remember when you fly right past them”

Certainly has. And another advantage. The goalie will be laughing so hard that he’ll forget to try to save your shot. 

Look good, feel good, play good. Look like a dork ...

But what happens if both players are wearing this skate?  Does it cancel the ability of the first player to fly past the other?  We will have to wait for the answer to this mystery...

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, althoma1 said:

You're fine with the enormous CCM logo?

Well, it's a big font size, but nothing as large as what we see on glove cuffs and goalie leg pads.

The big red stripe bothers me more because it wouldn't match all team colors. If you have red in your team colors, it would match.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, caveman27 said:

Well, it's a big font size, but nothing as large as what we see on glove cuffs and goalie leg pads.

The big red stripe bothers me more because it wouldn't match all team colors. If you have red in your team colors, it would match.

Yeah, I guess part of the font size is personal taste. I don't mind large font on glove cuffs, but don't like the large font on skates- helmets, pants/shells and socks would be other areas where I would prefer not to have huge logos. 

Edited by althoma1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, mojo122 said:

Definitely looks better when viewing from a distance.

I still would remove the graphics. Its just too flashy for me and once the graphics start to flake off the skate will look terrible. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, mojo122 said:

Definitely looks better when viewing from a distance.

Definitely. There’s a direct correlation between viewing distance and attractiveness of this graphic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...