Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Buzz_LightBeer

2022-2023 Gear Sightings

On 9/24/2022 at 7:51 AM, xstartxtodayx said:

I thought Ribcor at first but then the way the blue went I thought maybe Tacks, I have no idea lol  As for the stick, he went to a FlyLite last year and had that between the legs goal and never went back.  It's funny b/c the move was nice but he def misfired on the shot, I guess it doesn't matter because it was the confidence boost he needed lol.

All that matters is if the puck goes in the net 😉 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, the_game said:

But they used a number instead of a letter in the name of the stick.

Saw one of the hockey IG pages refer to it as the AGE(s only 9-14 are the ones we're targeting)NT and I'll be damned if that doesn't sound right.

• Haha 1

On 10/1/2022 at 6:43 PM, PBH said:

We have them in store as well. They are nice if you like low-kick sticks. 

I had a chance to hold one the other day. Might be my imagination but the taper felt a little different. Thoughts? 

26 minutes ago, pucks_putts said:

I had a chance to hold one the other day. Might be my imagination but the taper felt a little different. Thoughts? 

The taper is a little longer and beefier. I assume the combination of a reinforced taper in combination with boron is where Bauer gets the marketing that the stick is 2x more durable. 

15 hours ago, pucks_putts said:

Been using one for a little over a week and you're right, it's a little longer and beefed up. I was surprised at how much I liked the stick. With this trend to lighter and lighter sticks I've often felt disconnected from the stick when on the ice (the Catalyst PX being the worst offender) but I didn't experience that. First stick since the One95 where I'm actually impressed with a Bauer twig.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Krev said:

Been using one for a little over a week and you're right, it's a little longer and beefed up. I was surprised at how much I liked the stick. With this trend to lighter and lighter sticks I've often felt disconnected from the stick when on the ice (the Catalyst PX being the worst offender) but I didn't experience that. First stick since the One95 where I'm actually impressed with a Bauer twig.

I was curious to see if this stick would be too light - I guess it’s balanced out right? Also how’s the flex on the stick? Read somewhere that the new material makes it play stiffer than the rating ….

2 hours ago, lennyboi said:

I was curious to see if this stick would be too light - I guess it’s balanced out right? Also how’s the flex on the stick? Read somewhere that the new material makes it play stiffer than the rating ….

It does feel stiffer. The composition of material and the slightly modified taper have that result. 

Looks like McDavid's back in his trusty old OG JetSpeed build, dressed up to appear ASVish:

connor-mcdavid-of-the-edmonton-oilers-sk

Boot pattern looks like before, can also see foxing and hints of a separate outsole. He's (probably) never leaving that build for good.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, shoot_the_goalie said:

A side note.  I never get it why so many players (pros & joes alike) use mouth-guards as chewing toys, instead of you know....mouth-guards?

Since it's not an NHL requirement, I'm guessing old habits to have something there.  Mantha constantly chews on his too. 

And so does one of my kids and I constantly have to get him a new one as they're req'd more or less.  I'd rather have his jaw clamp on something than not when getting hit.

My takeaway from that pic is that McDavid uses a really short stick.

Edited by rh71el2

On 10/4/2022 at 5:07 PM, lennyboi said:

I feel that it's slightly stiffer than rated because of how the stick is built but I'm leaning more towards the I can lean into it more and not worry about it whipping out camp. 

18 hours ago, rh71el2 said:

Since it's not an NHL requirement, I'm guessing old habits to have something there.  Mantha constantly chews on his too. 

And so does one of my kids and I constantly have to get him a new one as they're req'd more or less.  I'd rather have his jaw clamp on something than not when getting hit.

My takeaway from that pic is that McDavid uses a really short stick.

McD hasn’t used short sticks in the past. It’s possibly just the angle of the camera and a rather relaxed moment with him standing almost completely upright.

HK-07100-18_Draisaitl_-_McDavid_AS2019_a

Edited by flip12
added photo

1 hour ago, Wolfpack_1986 said:

Interesting new holders on this from Bauer's website....

BAUERAG5NTGriptacStickSenior.jpeg

Possibly something built off of those Od1n holders we saw a while back? 

1 hour ago, Wolfpack_1986 said:

Interesting new holders on this from Bauer's website....

BAUERAG5NTGriptacStickSenior.jpeg

The new holders that will be on the next Vapor skates.  Interesting that the trigger appears to be white.  I'll be interested in seeing them in person, as the trigger seems more exposed to direct hits from pucks and sticks.

Some additional info/closer photos were posted to Reddit. The Powerfly holder. New trigger section seems unnecessarily large compared to the current generation. Wonder if steel will be backwards compatible?