Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mwerth

Pro Equipment Sales

Those could go for $300 on ebay these days.

Shhh! Don't tell them that.

No one likes Kovy, they won't sell on eBay. I swear on Kovalchuk's performance in the playoffs. B)

Someone get me some Kovy's, stat! B)

Chances are since Kovalchuk is on the Warrior payroll, he can do whatever he wants with his gloves. I bet he puts them all in a bag and takes him with him.

Sent an e-mail the Altitude Authentics asking about an Avs sale. E-mail response was they might have one. Called to ask about some pro stock pants and asked the lady on the phone about a sale, she said they weren't having one.

I stopped by the Can today and picked up some Foote pro-stock Easton gloves for $75.00. They had more gear than they usually do, but not a lot by any means. Everything was used. They had gloves, a bunch of sticks (mostly lefties), some skates, edge socks and a few visors.

So with the Toronto Maple Leafs sale tmmrw, I can't wait! lol - what time are those going at?

And last time when i went, I was kind of shocked with what I could find, in terms of gear. I didn't know much then, but I think I can find my way around it better now.

In terms of finding used equipment - sticks, gloves, skates, pants, etc. - What are the warning signs of not to pick up a particular item? ex. stick - soft/"crackly" blade

I would hate to drop some money, only to pick up a dud.

So with the Toronto Maple Leafs sale tmmrw, I can't wait! lol - what time are those going at?

And last time when i went, I was kind of shocked with what I could find, in terms of gear. I didn't know much then, but I think I can find my way around it better now.

In terms of finding used equipment - sticks, gloves, skates, pants, etc. - What are the warning signs of not to pick up a particular item? ex. stick - soft/"crackly" blade

I would hate to drop some money, only to pick up a dud.

Don't buy sticks marked with an "X" or "NFG". :D

Chances are since Kovalchuk is on the Warrior payroll, he can do whatever he wants with his gloves. I bet he puts them all in a bag and takes him with him.

In years past the Equipment manager told me that anyone sponsored by a particular company (ex. Parise) They don't allow them to sell their items since the Team doesn't pay for them. I doubt that you will see anything there from Kovy, but then again we can dream right?

In years past the Equipment manager told me that anyone sponsored by a particular company (ex. Parise) They don't allow them to sell their items since the Team doesn't pay for them. I doubt that you will see anything there from Kovy, but then again we can dream right?

I don't think that's true because at the Red Wings sale they were selling Zetterberg's stuff (sticks, skates, gloves) and I'm pretty sure he's sponsored by Easton

I got an email saying the flames sale is June 5th. Can anyone pick me up some retro gloves?

my source from the Flames is telling me they arent going to be selling any retro gloves. If by chance a pair does slip out there it will just a pair or two and will be by mistake.

in the past years when Kovy played for the Thrashers his gloves would NEVER be out for sale. his sticks were but never his gloves. I've seen one guy in town who had his MIAs with the yellow pinky stripe but I have no idea how he got them.

Here's what I grabbed at the Habs sale

CopiedePICT0626.jpg

I wish I had more money though, they had a few interesting gloves at a (surprisingly) reasonable price.

Almost forgot to thank colindpratt, I didn't know there was a sale this weekend

The Habs sale was ok. Mostly leftover stock from previous sales this year.

However, they had a lot of centennial apparel to sell for a good price!

If you are looking to buy a brand new pro stock helmet without stickers, they have a lot of them, 75$ each.

I don't think that's true because at the Red Wings sale they were selling Zetterberg's stuff (sticks, skates, gloves) and I'm pretty sure he's sponsored by Easton

Differs from team to team....the Devils are really strict with their stuff....

so got back from the sale of the TML-

they said this is to date their largest sale for the team's equipment. they had the visitors room at the ACC with sticks only and blades, while the Home locker was all gear

All current, new modeled sticks were $175

shafts $30 and comes with 3 free blades of your choice (lots of composite blades in the bin)

old modeled OPS - $125

Gloves- all - $125 lots of new and used , lots of xxxx pros, saw one pair of xxx, etc.

Skates - most were $225, dion's 11k basically all brand new (i think) were $300 plus i believe (didnt really pay attention to it since it was too large), saw only one pair of TotalOnes and it didnt fit me :( - also lots of x60s, and one95s,

toskala's pads $1000

all helmets (Easton S9, Mission's, RBK, some had visors on it (maybe 10 of them)) - $100

bunch of new NB helmets 4500 new in box

shoulders $30

they had jofa elbows- but they were worn down and the elastic straps were wayyy loose/stretched

jofa shins were all 16" i believe, ??

pants - $125

no bags, jerseys

----

to sum it up, i thought the sticks were wayyy overpriced compared to past sales, and other NHL team sales - although I bought one, was going get 2 but decided not too. There were lots of never used sticks though. Lots and lots of gloves, helmets, and skates.

It was alright, it would be even better if prices were knocked down a bit, at least for me, since my intention was to pick up as much as i can, but it seemed it was TOO much, price wise lol

feel free to correct me on any items or add on to the list for other MSH members who never got to make it to the sale, BTW they did implement the "ticket number" system - led ppl to the locker room at 15-20/time or somewhere around the mark

What was the prices like for the Habs?

they said this is to date their largest sale for the team's equipment. they had the visitors room at the ACC with sticks only and blades, while the Home locker was all gear

shafts $30 and comes with 3 free blades of your choice (lots of composite blades in the bin)

old modeled OPS - $125

Gloves- all - $125 lots of new and used , lots of xxxx pros, saw one pair of xxx, etc.

Skates - most were $225, dion's 11k basically all brand new (i think) were $300 plus i believe (didnt really pay attention to it since it was too large), saw only one pair of TotalOnes and it didnt fit me :( - also lots of x60s, and one95s,

toskala's pads $1000

all helmets (Easton S9, Mission's, RBK, some had visors on it (maybe 10 of them)) - $100

shoulders $30

they had jofa elbows- but they were worn down and the elastic straps were wayyy loose/stretched

pants - $125

no bags, jerseys

----

to sum it up, i thought the sticks were wayyy overpriced compared to past sales, and other NHL team sales - although I bought one, was going get 2 but decided not too. There were lots of never used sticks though. Lots and lots of gloves, helmets, and skates.

It was alright, it would be even better if prices were knocked down a bit, at least for me, since my intention was to pick up as much as i can, but it seemed it was TOO much, price wise lol

feel free to correct me on any items or add on to the list for other MSH members who never got to make it to the sale, BTW they did implement the "ticket number" system - led ppl to the locker room at 15-20/time or somewhere around the mark

The shafts sounded like a good deal to me. Just wondering, cause I'm gonna start basing approx. Canucks Sale prices on other team sales, did they have shoulder pads? How much were those and the shin pads? I'll be looking to pick that up. What stick did you get btw?

The shafts sounded like a good deal to me. Just wondering, cause I'm gonna start basing approx. Canucks Sale prices on other team sales, did they have shoulder pads? How much were those and the shin pads? I'll be looking to pick that up. What stick did you get btw?

Ya it was, but I was late to the deal, didnt know the shafts had bonus items attached to them. so it was slim pickin's by the time i realized. although ppl bought shafts just for the blades.

shoulders were $30/each i believe, they were on a rack, maybe around 10 or so - give or take (quite a bit of Jofas, then Koho with Jofa shoulder caps, Nike pro shoulers, etc.)

Didnt see the price on the shins, since they didnt interest me at a length of 16" - but some were used as hell, while a couple were brand new.

Ended up getting a SE16, Bauer xxxx pros and a pair of Easton pants - upper/lower for myself. I wanted to pick up a S19 and a one95, but at $175 a piece, I was reluctant. also thought about picking up some for some MSH members to sell for those who didnt make it, but said at $175 a pop they probably wouldnt want it seeing other pro teams had the same sticks basically for a much better price....i could be wrong though

my source from the Flames is telling me they arent going to be selling any retro gloves. If by chance a pair does slip out there it will just a pair or two and will be by mistake.

Damn that's all i want too.

Hi Guys,

Just came from the Abbotsford Heats pro sales. Not much equipment available, most of the equipment was in bad shape. One thing that caught my eye was a SE16 with rounded shaft, it felt great but was the wrong lie for me. I have never seen a rounded se16 shaft at any of our LHS, I have searched online but have yet to see one. Is this just a pro option?

Thanks

Hi Guys,

Just came from the Abbotsford Heats pro sales. Not much equipment available, most of the equipment was in bad shape. One thing that caught my eye was a SE16 with rounded shaft, it felt great but was the wrong lie for me. I have never seen a rounded se16 shaft at any of our LHS, I have searched online but have yet to see one. Is this just a pro option?

Thanks

Saw something similar at the Canucks sale last year > Pro stock Pavel Demitra SE16's with the rounded shaft shape and huge toe hook - unfortunately the price wasn't right. I'm hoping they bust them out again this year.

Does anyone know when the Canuck's sale is happening this year?

Saw something similar at the Canucks sale last year > Pro stock Pavel Demitra SE16's with the rounded shaft shape and huge toe hook - unfortunately the price wasn't right. I'm hoping they bust them out again this year.

Does anyone know when the Canuck's sale is happening this year?

June 20th, 11-5. Been a few people talking about it (including me). Btw-I thought that Demitra only used wood. I've only seen him with I think a Bauer One 25 or One 75 this year. And what do you mean the price wasn't right? I'm assuming all stick prices will be near $150 give or take $25.

used sticks were $75, new were $100. a selection of sticks were $125-140.

i'm glad i woke up late and didnt get a chance to drive the 1+ hour to abbotsford. i heard from a few different people that the sale was weak.

old modeled OPS - $125

toskala's pads $1000

shoulders $30

pants - $125

no bags, jerseys

----

I guess I didn't miss much. Everything seems pricey, except for the shaft + blade deal. What kind of shafts were there?

The guy I spoke with yesterday said there were gloves going for as low as $40, and sticks for $100...did you see any? I guess the gloves would be in pretty bad shape for $40.

Was it crazy busy?

Went to th AHL Abby Heat sale. Gloves were pretty well picked clean by the time I got there, but there were still some great deals to be had. In the end I bought a Reebok playdry shirt (new) for $15 and a Bauer visor (used but in good shape) for $15. Had goalie stuff as well - pants for $50 and pads for $500. Lots of skates and sticks, but steel was mostly gone on skates and sticks were 90% LH. Almost bought the goalie pants, but mine are in too good shape to replace yet :)

I guess I didn't miss much. Everything seems pricey, except for the shaft + blade deal. What kind of shafts were there?

The guy I spoke with yesterday said there were gloves going for as low as $40, and sticks for $100...did you see any? I guess the gloves would be in pretty bad shape for $40.

Was it crazy busy?

gloves, no matter shape/size/etc. were all $125 (from what i saw on the tags, and what all the staff said as well)

no stick for $100 that I saw, because all new/used current models $175, previous models (CNT, 7k pro, etc.) were $125

shafts, ranged from warrior dolomite, to I don't know what lol..not too sure since i got late in the action after any decent shaft was left - the ones i did see were high-@$$ flex for my liking (prefer sub 90 flex)

some pppl lined up since 5:30 for the 10am sale, it got pretty busy in the equipment room once the ball started rolling for ppl coming in