Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mm705

New Supreme? -> Bauer ONE90

Don't hold your breath, One90 will roll out in 2006, not a new Christmas product launch.

Yeah, I haven't heard a date to be honest. I was thinking maybe they'd repeat what they did with the XXX with a limited Xmas run.

A little birdie told me so. More interesting things to follow..........

Yeah, but who says the One90 is going to be at that price point? Rumors are that it's gonna be higher.

It is truly unfortunate that skate prices are going so high. I liked Bauer's approach with the 8090, top end skate with all the features at about $370 US

Yeah, but who says the One90 is going to be at that price point? Rumors are that it's gonna be higher.

Kids, you better start saving your $ for the One90.

Yeah, but who says the One90 is going to be at that price point?  Rumors are that it's gonna be higher.

Kids, you better start saving your $ for the One90.

yeah, friend of mine who seen them with baue rep at a training camp said they're gonna be running around $1200 cdn, i think.

I think that stuff is more like the fake flower pot foam. It's very soft and if you push on it, it keeps the shape. It's designed to mold around the shape of the flower pots and ground and stuff.

The posturepedic stuff molds, but once you remove your body, it regains its orginal shape...for the most part. The cheaper versions over time begin to get "memorized" meaning over time they tend to remember shapes that have been exerting constant pressure on them.

I was talking to a couple of people who work in the hockey business today and mentioned that rumour had it that some people are hearing the one90 retailing for around $1200. After they got up off the floor they said "maybe but that price aint gonna fly"

Do other retail guys see this skate actually going at this high a price point?

$1200 is only worth it if they custom make them for you and give a tour of the factory.

add to that.... built in heaters for the cold mornings. then i'd consider buying them. how many familys are going to fork out $1200 plus tax.

$1200 is only worth it if they custom make them for you and give a tour of the factory.

add to that.... built in heaters for the cold mornings. then i'd consider buying them. how many familys are going to fork out $1200 plus tax.

Families who need a top of the line skate, but have only fit into supremes... :angry:

Maybe I'll be looking at grafs in 4 months...

The word is that the One90 is as close to the custom pro fitting experience as possible on a retail skate product.

The word is that the One90 is as close to the custom pro fitting experience as possible on a retail skate product.

If they are mass produced, how close can they be?

They must be jealous of what they see some of the figure skates going for these days.

It's not uncommon to see a parent drop $800 - $900 bones on a set of GAM 500's for little Jenny who is going to be the next big thing in skating... :unsure:

That being said - I personally wouldn't spend $1200 on a pair of skates....

BTW - how many of us said there was no way in hell we'd pay $300+ for a stick? (I'm in Canada).

How many of you own a Stealth?

They must think there is a market if that is indeed the price point they are looking at.

Like he said; If they are not making custom molds of your feet, they aint' worth $1200.