Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mm705

New Supreme? -> Bauer ONE90

those are some ugly skates! you people must be MAD to spend 600us for a skate like that. how much better can skates get.. i think the rbk 9k will kill this thing.

Can I just say "holy heat moldable!!!"

On the 1st and 3rd pics, look at the pattern in the area just below the blue triangle.

Look at how the pattern has stretched and enlarged in that area, and squished immediately below it. Also, note how the pattern is bigger in the heal area than in the arch and toe area.

begin speculation

That appears to indicate a boot that has changed it's shape considerably from it's original state.

To me that looks like one extremely moldable boot. This skate may just come closer to being an extention of your foot than any other skate can even hope for. If this skate can form fit as well as I'm guessing, then Bauer has just dropped an atom bomb on the other skate makers.

end speculation

This skate is making me seriously reconsider my plan of picking up a few pairs of 8090's when they go on clearance. I had assumed top of the line skates had reached a plateau, but I might be wrong about that now.

We just had a serious pair of carbon fibre speed skate boots in the shop on Thursday. These boots were incredibly light and had an ultra low profile to wrap around the foot. The side of the boot barely came above the ankle. Now the kicker to add to the light weight of this product: the amazing stiffness from the shell of the boot. The recommended baking instructions were 30 minutes at 180*. Now if Bauer has taken just 10% of the ideas that I saw incorporated into this boot and translated it to a hockey boot, then the One90 will be amazing. I haven't seen the One90 yet but the technology I saw in this speed skate boot looked mighty applicable to what I see in the photos.

About the forward pitch in the eyelets: this is an old idea from the first generation of Mission roller back in 1995. Since your knee is bent forward and now the foot is pushing forward at the top eyelets, then the idea of moving the eyelets with a forward pitch is pretty simple.

About the Benjamins: Hey guys, you can't take it with you. And be glad we are NOT paying $500 for a hockey boot that gets married to a $400 blade/holder like the figure skaters!!(all US dollars quoted!)Also, add another $300 for total customization to that figure boot with this, that, and the other thing added on.

hey you guys

youve said it looked very ugly.... not... its so hot in real life!!!!!! ive saw them and its so cool. and also ive tried them (but not on the ice sry) and they have a such good feeling. its is (pardent my french) its soooooo f***ing light its like half the weight of the flexlite literaly. plus the see thruw tuuks are like tinted with a purple color with little shiny spots on it(a litle bit like on the seeling of this plane) 860642.jpg. and also well your right about the boot being so thin but its really stif and it protects well also the tending protector (the thing thats sticks out in the back) is soft so you have a more explosive movement

GUYS ITS SO WORTH 2000$ SERIOUSLY BUT I DONT KNOW THE PRICE

im saving all my money for them cuz its so worth it

ive heard that professional players have tried them and they said they were the best skates ever and that they were able to do things that they never did on the ice

BUY THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and if ever nike/bauer want to give them free to me cuz of this great puplicity ive gave them well ill be happy as a clown

peace out!

Sorry for my friend's stupid post...but what he said about the skate itselft...is true...Colin and I...saw this skate like 5-6 month when it was develloping at BNH...

Guest Marcelo Cordoba

DarkStar50,

Now you see where Kor has gone with the speed skate idea. That is Tony Meibock's background.

You should see the look on people's faces when I tell them that the oven time is 9-10 minutes. I get the deer in headlights look, followed by "but we only heat <INSERT YOUR FAVORITE BRAND HERE> for 3-4 minutes." It's priceless! :D

They remind me of flexlite 2's or your typical rec skate. :huh:

i totally agree. i think it's the tacky blue triangle. also, the "clear" lightspeeds remind me of those 1 piece all plastic boots they make for little girls. otherwise, the skate looks pretty cool. they should have kept the black liner from the 8090s

those are some ugly skates! you people must be MAD to spend 600us for a skate like that. how much better can skates get.. i think the rbk 9k will kill this thing.

For sure.

RBK will stomp them.

those are some ugly skates!  you people must be MAD to spend 600us for a skate like that.  how much better can skates get..  i think the rbk 9k will kill this thing.

For sure.

RBK will stomp them.

hey thats totally not true youd have to see the one90 before you will fall in love with it

Are the clear Lightspeeds like the cowling on the Vapor XXX goal skates?

well i dont know cuz i never saw those skates but if you have a pic or something ill tell you

I don't know. I'm not a fan of the eyelet orientation - almost 90 degrees up. Reminds me of the 99-00 Supremes. Tendon guard is tall - but I wonder if RR&D took my advice on making the boot lower-cut - I had those issues with the 8090 and suggested it to them.

tendon guard and eyelets are reminiscent of the Nike Ignite line, in my opinion.

those are some ugly skates!   you people must be MAD to spend 600us for a skate like that.  how much better can skates get..  i think the rbk 9k will kill this thing.

For sure.

RBK will stomp them.

Oh for sure man, because after seeing 6 or 7 pictures we can definetely be able to say that one product will be superior to another.. :rolleyes:

Edit: and just to clarify for me, are the holders actually clear? I can't tell on those pics

those are some ugly skates!  you people must be MAD to spend 600us for a skate like that.  how much better can skates get..  i think the rbk 9k will kill this thing.

For sure.

RBK will stomp them.

Oh for sure man, because after seeing 6 or 7 pictures we can definetely be able to say that one product will be superior to another.. :wacko:

Edit: and just to clarify for me, are the holders actually clear? I can't tell on those pics

Couldn't agree more, to early to tell.

However, If I had to lay down money on which will be the next big thing, I'd put it on those Bauers. Why?

The Bauers look revolutionary, the Reeboks look evolutionary.

As for the holders, they appear to be translucent but not clear.

Like colinK said...the holder is clear with some purple sparklen...(beside if they changed their model we had 5-6 month ago..)

First off I really think you need to see the one 90's in person to give a better reaction to the look of the skate. However, the cut of the boot doesn't look like it would fit my foot properly anyway. It seems to me it would fit similar to a pair of 705/G5's which don't fit my foot type at all. I currently skate in G3's which are low cut. The 9k's would look pretty sweet with my white custom +'s on them. Does anybody know if the 9k's would be a similar fit to my G3's? Any word on the expected price of the 9k's?

Those have to be some of the sickest skates I have seen.... But they may be a bit to $$$ for me considering my parents dont buy any of my equipment :D.....Ill wait a bit for them to go down in price...plus i just got brand new flexlites...

I've seen those skates before. They were called Nike Quests.

Hahaha, cosmetically they remind me of Quests. But the "weave" or whatever you want to call it on these looks very unique to me.

Interesting to say the least.

i was at the sens practice today and havlat, alfredsson and fisher were using the one90s. the holders look like shiny silver from far away. Havlat left half way thorugh the practice and changed back to his vapor 10s