Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jimmy

KOR Shift 1 and 2

I've skated on Bauers, Nikes, Eastons, CCMs, and Grafs (even Microns!?!?! Horrible skate). None of them come close to the Kor.

Dear Australian person,

I will not have you dragging the good name of Micron through the mud. My old 10-90s were the best skates I had ever owned until I found the Mission s500. You're lucky I'm fat, slow, and thousands upon thousands of miles (or as you commies say, "kilometers") from you. Good day.

P.S. Your ancestors were criminals.

I've skated on Bauers, Nikes, Eastons, CCMs, and Grafs (even Microns!?!?! Horrible skate). None of them come close to the Kor.

Dear Australian person,

I will not have you dragging the good name of Micron through the mud. My old 10-90s were the best skates I had ever owned until I found the Mission s500. You're lucky I'm fat, slow, and thousands upon thousands of miles (or as you commies say, "kilometers") from you. Good day.

That's the funniest thing I have read in a long time :lol:

Jimmy - right you are re the high cut not performing the same... hadn't really thought that through, so I'll stick to the Shift 1s. I hope they do re-release the Shift 1s because I'm having trouble finding any. You can't actually get them in Australia.

As for Oberon's slight on all Australian people... unfortunately, he's right! We are all descendants of criminals (although if you get a call from Joe Sixpack at the Parole Board, I'm living in Sydney, not Canberra, ok?).

As for your love of Microns, frankly, I'm appalled not to mention surprised! I didn't think anyone else would have heard of them. I always believed that container loads of Microns left over from the Cold War were dumped in Australia by the Cubans because no other nation on earth would be silly enough to wear them. Go figure!

And before anyone asks... yes, I do ride a kangaroo to work. His name is Skippy and he's my 'special friend'.

Kor told me they would not do custom stuff. So which is it? Kor reps out there please confirm.

I can confirm that I have talked with Kor via email and have asked this question of them a few times and they have written back to say that they are not CURRENTLY offering custom, but do ANTICIPATE (expect?) to be able to do so in the future.

Dear Australian person,

That's damned funny!

Jimmy - right you are re the high cut not performing the same... hadn't really thought that through, so I'll stick to the Shift 1s. I hope they do re-release the Shift 1s because I'm having trouble finding any. You can't actually get them in Australia.

As for Oberon's slight on all Australian people... unfortunately, he's right! We are all descendants of criminals (although if you get a call from Joe Sixpack at the Parole Board, I'm living in Sydney, not Canberra, ok?).

As for your love of Microns, frankly, I'm appalled not to mention surprised! I didn't think anyone else would have heard of them. I always believed that container loads of Microns left over from the Cold War were dumped in Australia by the Cubans because no other nation on earth would be silly enough to wear them. Go figure!

And before anyone asks... yes, I do ride a kangaroo to work. His name is Skippy and he's my 'special friend'.

Skippy... your special friend... nice - (this, too, was the source of great entertainment) does he allow you to ride in his pouch? Do you feed him Vegamite Sandwiches?

By the way, I loved my Men at Work album back in the day....

We hate ourselves for unleashing Jacko on you as well - It's a 'self-loathing thing' (or 'thang' as your Americans might say). We're actually looking at starting a team in Canberra called the Canberra Crikeys and our team logo will be a Stingray... in other words, I'm also apologising in advance for unleashing Steve Irwin on you as well. I don't accept all the blame, although like many Australians I met him in person, but didn't shoot him... for which we all feel very guilty.

Contrary to popular belief, a kangaroo pouch is actually quite squishy (full of some very slimy smelly stuff). But if I did feed Skippy Vegemite he would be a better kangaroo for it! I've never understood why only Australian's like Vegemite - it's blood delicious! You just gotta spread it thin (the Poms pile it on, and then wonder why it tastes like tar). Full of carbos - an excellent snack before a game!

Speaking of Shift1's, I figured I'd show everyone the damage caused to my left boot in a recent game. I took off the boot and there's a rip at the base of the tendon guard about 1/8" long. I have no idea how it happened, I just know it was like that when I took off the boot after my game on Tuesday. Not worthy of a full warranty claim, so I'm just going to get a piece of leather wrapped and sewn to it like Chadd did with his S500's. That's what Vince from Kor suggested as well, so I'll let you know how it turns out.

Click the pictures to see a bigger pic.

8944ba15fbba1def3f82075651b2fabb.th.jpg

8e3788dfc139624ed2e26b77b54ee16c.th.jpg

Speaking of Shift1's, I figured I'd show everyone the damage caused to my left boot in a recent game. I took off the boot and there's a rip at the base of the tendon guard about 1/8" long. I have no idea how it happened, I just know it was like that when I took off the boot after my game on Tuesday. Not worthy of a full warranty claim, so I'm just going to get a piece of leather wrapped and sewn to it like Chadd did with his S500's. That's what Vince from Kor suggested as well, so I'll let you know how it turns out.

Click the pictures to see a bigger pic.

8944ba15fbba1def3f82075651b2fabb.th.jpg

8e3788dfc139624ed2e26b77b54ee16c.th.jpg

Wow that exact same thing happened to my Easton synergy's. I couldn't figure out how that could possibly happen but oh well...

Wow that exact same thing happened to my Easton synergy's. I couldn't figure out how that could possibly happen but oh well...

It happens because you sit back on your heels when you skate.

Mine got cut by a skate I'm pretty sure. It would take a lot of leaning back to make a rip like that.

I did get them fixed up at a shoe repair shop as suggested by Vince at KOR. Here are some pics of the repair. It seems quite solid.

498abb759957a33aa56046b54ee5a534.th.jpg

d6eb3dfd9ae43b0bbdf580b02897a583.th.jpg

e64e58ba7c45bcdec0a1a8065b00a9fd.th.jpg

c3457a48d8770f12f9924bc19429fb7a.th.jpg

It happens because you sit back on your heels when you skate.

While skating backwards and putting your body weight on your heels. Or if you have a heavy toe flick when you skate.

Or you just have a big calf that is sticking out too much.

Is it a production thing with this new boot or do you think kor ran into what easton did witth their first comp skates and the hardness of it all being incredibly painful and abrasive with a high cut boot?

Is it a production thing with this new boot or do you think kor ran into what easton did witth their first comp skates and the hardness of it all being incredibly painful and abrasive with a high cut boot?

Kor used to have their skates made in China. They bought a facility in Mexico to produce their own skates, as well as other products. When they tried to have their tooling shipped from China to the new facility, the Chinese factory refused to ship it to them and they lost the last year building all new tooling for their new factory.

The new skates will be more consistent and lighter than the original production runs thanks to the new methods and tooling.

Chad have you got an ETA on retail?

Last I heard was late spring/summer, I'll be sure to let you know if that changes.