Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
BK

Best bands that you're not listening to.

The new AIC is getting rave reviews all over the web. Check My Brain is one of my favorites, but they are a lot of good tunes on the record. It is well worth checking out if you like AIC. And hey! It has Elton John on it playing piano :P

Edited by mrruin

Here are some of my favorite bands (past/present):

The Muffs

The Reverend Horton Heat

Samhain

Swingin' Utters

Social Distortion

The Faction

Los Olvidados

Supersuckers

Cadillac Tramps

Social Distortion

I am a fan of Social Distortion as well. Hearing "Prison Bound" however many years ago was all it took for me. I included "Ball And Chain" in my wedding reception music mix as well.

Live At The Roxy is such a great live representation of their style and energy and I think I have four of their studio albums. Really good sort of old 50's rock and roll style almost with a near punk attitude. Big sound from that Gibson or Les Paul guitar the frontman plays and the supporting musicians throughout the band's history includes a list longer than Spinal Tap's

Mike walked into my wife's business with a friend of his the other day and she had no clue who he was. :D
I am a fan of Social Distortion as well. Hearing "Prison Bound" however many years ago was all it took for me. I included "Ball And Chain" in my wedding reception music mix as well.

Live At The Roxy is such a great live representation of their style and energy and I think I have four of their studio albums. Really good sort of old 50's rock and roll style almost with a near punk attitude. Big sound from that Gibson or Les Paul guitar the frontman plays and the supporting musicians throughout the band's history includes a list longer than Spinal Tap's

It would probably take me a minute or three to realize his status if that should happen to me.

For some reason, very often when I listen to Social Distortion I like to follow that with a little Living Colour and sometimes just as often the reverse; I will listen to Social Distortion after listening to Living Colour. The two bands are very different when compared with the other so I do not know why the association.

Today I am once more listening to lots of Jeff Beck but tomorrow... Who knows. Maybe the Social D bug will return and I put some in.

Social Distortion

I saw Social Distortion at this little club in Santa Barbara back around 1990 and was definitely a very cool show! Mike was playing a pumpkin orange Gretsch hollowbody; an amazing night of good music and one sick guitar!

Cool tune, poor recording

pretty good. not my cup of tea but its good

when the guy plays the solo it reminds me of that stupid "los lonely boys" song "heaven" haha

Just went and saw Dead By Sunrise in the city last night and i have to say Chester Bennington is one of THE BEST live performers I've ever seen. He puts so much into every word, its amazing. He jumped up against the barricade and sang with us all, it was great. And some band called Velvet Code opened up for them, and i gotta admit they were pretty good for a band with no guitarist or bassist.

Dizzee Rascal. Look it up.

As long as you refer to his pre-mainstream albums, i'll agree with this statement.

Edited by adam14

Fairly mainstream in the Canadian rock scene, but almost unheard in the States. Really a shame. Then again I could go on and on about Canadian rock bands that blow away Nickelback and Three Days Grace that will never be prominent south of the border.

Fairly mainstream in the Canadian rock scene, but almost unheard in the States. Really a shame. Then again I could go on and on about Canadian rock bands that blow away Nickelback and Three Days Grace that will never be prominent south of the border.

Setting the bar kind of low arent we?

Setting the bar kind of low arent we?

That's my point... those are two of the most commercially successful Canadian rock bands in the US and there's so much better stuff out there.

cant help but to agree with lampliter.

on another note, some bands:

Crash Kelly

Anberlin

Kings of Leon- Aha Shake Heartbreak album

Brand New

The Kooks. - older album, not Konk.