Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jbyun04

NHL 08

Does anyone know if this is going to be DX10/Next Gen? Like, Vista DVDGAME or whatever they are calling it?

still gonna be current gen because I guess DX10 isn't common yet.

Apparently though 08 will be current gen with next gen 07 skill stick.

We also have the new Sabres uniforms. So that means we have the 06-07 and 07-08 uniforms."

This might be a misunderstanding, but what does he mean by the new sabres jerseys. For the 06-07 season they wore the blue and gold slug, so what are the new 07-08 uniforms?

Or does he just mean the same uniform that they had last season and will have in the upcoming season. This may be an unitentional slip of information by the person being interviewed on a new buffalo jersey. Why would he specifically say buffalo when several teams are changing...

Because last year they didn't get the new Sabres uniforms in the game in time for release, and now this year all teams have new uni's again with the Reebok system. So he's saying they'll catch up with last year's AND have this new one too.

I hope the PS2 version is like this. The thing I hated with 07 on PS2 was that it was NHL 06.1 I hope this game actually has some new equipment, such as Warrior sticks, Mission, RBK, Nike Bauer, etc.

Drew has one of his "XXX Lite" sticks and I've seen them on eBay so at least they're not pulling them out of their ass.

Damn that looks sick.

As a ref, I wonder why these next gen games don't include linesmen and 2 refs?

Damn that looks sick.

As a ref, I wonder why these next gen games don't include linesmen and 2 refs?

because it slows the frame rate down and you don't get a very smooth game as a result of it

Drew has one of his "XXX Lite" sticks and I've seen them on eBay so at least they're not pulling them out of their ass.

Mention and ye shall recieve:

100_0132.jpg100_0133.jpg

Hmmm...well he's only been here a year so I suppose he could have switched. I hadn't seen him with a XXX Lite, maybe it was just the preseason and early games? They had a few of his One60's at the hockey shop but wanted $100+ for them (game used).

That is a SICK curve! LOVE it. What's the flex on that bad boy?

I hope they make it so players can get injured in NHL 08 by checking and not only the hip check. I also hope you don't get so tripped up on the goalie when you're racing for a puck behind the net. I don't think that it should be a big deal if someone is using a different stick in the game either. I don't think that perfect player-equipment matching should be a huge goal only with the best players. Sorry, for such a long post.

I hope that they eliminate the slash button, how annoying is it that they stop playing, say "Oooowe" and shake their hand before getting back in the play?

They should change it to a "defend stick button," where you can lift the opposing player's stick, put a light hack on the shaft, etc based on the context of the play. Seems much more reasonable.

They should change it to a "defend stick button," where you can lift the opposing player's stick, put a light hack on the shaft, etc based on the context of the play. Seems much more reasonable.

Thats a really good idea, I also think that the poke check shuldnt trip the player sometimes its rediculous. In dynasty I drafted a 6'6 dman everytime he hits he gets a elbowing penalty so they should try to make the hit animation more clean because I notice they always lead with the elbow. Not that I care about the elbows but the penalties piss me off.

Sorry if this has been mentioned, but they still seem to have the home uniforms as dark. All the clips have Carolina in dark, and a majority of the fans in Carolina jerseys. Probably another thing they plan on fixing, but just something i noticed.