Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RWhockey

Nike/Bauer ONE95/ONE75 Skates

It's not Muhammad Ali the name is of someone my coach had in his 10th grade math class with this really cheasy mustache, which is what I grew during our run to state.

With regards to the One75...I saw them in person for the first time today. I did like the skate a lot, however, I was highly disappointed in the liner. It is a definite downgrade from the One95/XXXX/etc clarino. I would say the liner is close to the previous versions Supreme 50 skate.

With regards to the One75...I saw them in person for the first time today. I did like the skate a lot, however, I was highly disappointed in the liner. It is a definite downgrade from the One95/XXXX/etc clarino. I would say the liner is close to the previous versions Supreme 50 skate.

So the liner looks like cheap liners on the other supreme skates and its nothing like hydrophobic clarino liner? :o

So the liner looks like cheap liners on the other supreme skates and its nothing like hydrophobic clarino liner? :o

I thought it looked the same as my XXs...

It's a similar liner that is in the Vapor XXV.

If that is the case, then I think that you'd get less slippage... since the XXX's people have complained about the slippage once they started sweating... which for me is not good since I use the grey Superfeet... and I really wish that they would make the grey with a little bit of grip... but if the skate fits and your heel is locked, it's worked great so far... I still can't find any details on the new YELLOW superfeet though...

I just feel it is a sub-par liner for a skates in this price range that previously had the clarino (8090, Supreme 70, etc).

That being said, I don't know how durable it is. Has the XXV liner been durable?

It seems that the liner in the XXV and the supreme one75 have different liners. I just checked the catalogue once more and, this was what it said.

The XXV Lining material is quick-dry grip liner.

The one75 lining material is hydrophobic tru-suede synthetic leather.

So my question is it may be a different liner but, it has a somewhat similar look of the cheaper microfiber liners?

Hmmm.. My new retail One95 (unbaked)in 8C don't feel nothing like C(narrow)width. More like a D width. They do feel a little longer than my custom XXXXs in 8.1/4C and a tad shorter than retail XXXX 8.5 D

Hmmm.. My new retail One95 (unbaked)in 8C don't feel nothing like C(narrow)width. More like a D width. They do feel a little longer than my custom XXXXs in 8.1/4C and a tad shorter than retail XXXX 8.5 D

wait a sec - I though it was confirmed that length wise 195 & 40s are the same? Here you're almost saying there's .4-.5 size difference?!

Has anybody tried skating in one95's without baking them yet? I will be home tomorrow night and there is stick time at my (fairly) local rink on Friday at noon so I won't have time to have them baked. They were delivered while I have been in Montreal. I am obviously very excited about using them but if they are unbearable without baking them I'll hold off until I have them baked. I realize there is a lot of personal considerations with a question like this but I'm just looking for others' experiences. Thanks in advance.

May want to see what some of the experts here think, but the baking instructions say wait at least 1 hour before skating.

I am going to wait 24 hours (at least) no matter what. The issue is that I won't bake them until I use them for the first time or won't use them at all depending on my comfort and what others say about using a skate that hasn't been baked yet.

wait a sec - I though it was confirmed that length wise 195 & 40s are the same? Here you're almost saying there's .4-.5 size difference?!

Could be just my case coz I got narrow feet. Just noticed another thing: the insole in my One95s size 8C says 7.5. The insole of the XXXX customs size 8.1/4C says 8 and the insole of the retail XXXX size 8,5D says 8.5.

The One95s in 8C are definitely longer than my custom XXXXs in 8 1/4C. XXVS in 8D are the shortest. Go figure.

The one95's are definitely a different fit. Like I said earlier I went to a 10.5d, yet my one90's are an 11d, and my xxx's are an 11.5d.

different comparing to what - XXX?

I was comparing them to XXXX which are different from XXX

Like I said earlier I went to a 10.5d, yet my one90's are an 11d, and my xxx's are an 11.5d.

He is clearly comparing the fit to his previous One90's, and XXX's... I don't think furlanitalia was referencing XXXX's

Could be just my case coz I got narrow feet. Just noticed another thing: the insole in my One95s size 8C says 7.5. The insole of the XXXX customs size 8.1/4C says 8 and the insole of the retail XXXX size 8,5D says 8.5.

The One95s in 8C are definitely longer than my custom XXXXs in 8 1/4C. XXVS in 8D are the shortest. Go figure.

Getting replacement in size 8.5C now. Trial and error with no LHS here overseas. Thus becoming an underground LHS myself. Hehe. The good thing the skates here cost more so I am not at losss financially. But not hassle - wise though.

My ONE95's turned up last week, I've skated in them about 6 times now so I thought I'd post with my experiences. VERY mouldable skates, I've baked them twice now to get them 100%, first 2 hockey practices they were great to skate in, but a bit uncomfortable. Third time and they were really, really comfortable, most comfortable skate I've ever worn.

Size 7.5D, same as the Vapor XXXX's I had previous, so the sizing is pretty consistent.

I was worried about the holders being mounted incorrectly after reading previous posts on this thread, I checked my own blades against a ruler and they looked perfectly fine. However, yesterday I was in my LHS and I found the tool which checks the blade alignment (big hexagonal bar with a groove cut into one side), and my blades stopped dead in it, I could not slide the tool along the blade without it totally jamming. My LHS kindly removed all the normal rivets and immediately the blade straightened. He re-riveted the holders (having to re-drill most of the holes slightly), and the blades are 100% straight now.

I'm a little concerned that such an expensive skate can have BOTH holders mis-mounted, you'd think that it would be a basic QA check, but thankfully it was easily sorted.

I haven't skated in them since having the holders re-mounted, but I'll post back once I do.

Otherwise, these are an absolutely fantastic skate, I recommend them :) I didn't notice much of a difference between the LS2 and LS2 Power steel, I quite like the power steel though

Got a chance to try em on yesterday. Had an 8EE on, I wear a 8.5E Supreme 70 currently. Definitely fit very well, although pretty narrow. I had problems trying on the ONE90 which is why I got the Supreme 70, but those problems seemed to go away. Walking around the shop for a good ten minutes, I think these might be my next skates, depending on how the U+ fits.

That question is answered 50 times in this thread. The problem is that some guys are staying in the same size while others are not. What's a mother to do?

bizarre question perhaps:

when i tried to remove the footbeds from my One95s to air them i could've sworn it sounded like they were glued in... which would make sense if they mould... are they? or can i take them out to air them?