Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kovalchuk71

Going to college tomorrow....

I knew someone would say that. Sure its a party school, but I really went there for its medical program. You can party anywhere. I really wanted to go to Appalachian State, but they didn't have a medicine program which pissed me off.

And I will be on double the amount of time, just for JR. ;)

Thats funny my brother is moving in to college tomorrow and hes going to Appalachian State

The best advice is GO TO CLASS. If you just go to every class you really don't have to study that much to do okay (If you want' straight As you'll have to put in more time).

Finish undergrad in three years. That's the best advice I can give.

How did you go about doing that? How many credit hours a year did you take?

And Ramen, do you play ice or roller or both at UNCC?

ECU = Party School.

ECU/greenville = highest STD rate in the state of north carolina.

wrap it before you tap it bro.

I'll have to remember that next time I stay there. I'm in the other greenville, in the other carolina today. Nothing to do today because the damn dive shop isn't open.

Oh ok. Wow, didnt even realize there was an airport here.

It's 2-3 miles from the middle of campus

My best advice is... take it seriously.

Start acting like you are in a work environment from the get go. You'll be less "Green" when you leave and get into your first post grad role. Finish work a day or two early so anything unexpected doesn't throw you off, for Eg: Printer failure, computer failure etc. Ask your lecturers questions, pester them until you shit them. They may not like it, but they are there to be drained of info. So make life easier on yourself and get that knowledge! I had one guy that would swear at me and kick me out I got that much out of him. I was using my sales skills to the max.

Lastly, Have fun! I regret having a GF all the way through what you guys call college, thank god I was single when I went to Europe after graduation. Best times ever. Germany has the best woman in the world. ;)

Now I need some advice. Do you guys think I am better off taking a class ONCE a week for 3hrs, Twice for 1hr 15min, or 3 times for 50min? Im having trouble deciding. Id love to go once a week, but 3 hours seems like a long time. Its for english, and I dont mind english at all.

Twice a week. Think about it, you could see a piece of ass once a week that just wants to get the hell out of class or twice a week that is willing to talk after class because their brain isn't fried.

Kovy-

I took at least 18 hours a semester (some more than that when it got approved) and took some courses in the summer as well. I saved some cores with labs for that and was fortunate enough to be able to take geology up here and get some great field trips out of it.

Now I need some advice. Do you guys think I am better off taking a class ONCE a week for 3hrs, Twice for 1hr 15min, or 3 times for 50min? Im having trouble deciding. Id love to go once a week, but 3 hours seems like a long time. Its for english, and I dont mind english at all.
It's good you're giving it some thought. Just be honest with yourself and see if you're actually able to stay focused for that long. If you figure you can't, don't force yourself unless it somehow arranges your timetable so that you can take a day off classes. Then it might be worth the sacrifice.

Look into doing some overseas studies. Most colleges encourage it and you might be able to find some financial aide. I regret that I didn't do it once at least.

Also talk to your profs especially later in college. It's always good to have contacts for jobs or if you go on to do some graduate work. (i also did not do this)

intramural sports are a good way to meet some people.

keep the partying in check. it's all good fun, but you'll see many kids go overboard and really louse up their education.

Intramural sports is another reccomendation...volleyball for the win.

I load up and take as many 3 hour classes as I can, I like getting them done for the week, I also try and load them up monday-wednesday so my week is easier when it comes to the end. I cant tell you the last time I took a 3 day a week class....and to be honest I hate the 1.5 hour classes. I just take my laptop to my night class and am done with it, watch games off yahoo if things get boring, and normally night classes are easier (no homework, less quizzes, fewer tests) but they do tend to have more heavily weighted grades, and less "fluff" grades.

Zach

For you needing 16, ideally three 2-day 1:15/hr courses, one 1-day 3/hr course and one 2-day 2/hr(4 credit hour class). You can kind of get the idea there.

More than one 3-hour class a week is a killer, normally they give you a break and some professors let you out early but it's still a LONG class. 1:50 mins is also a long class so try not to do that on the same day.