Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheBert

2008 US Election Thread

She hardly answered ANY questions. WTF? Q- I'd like to know your opinion on hockey.." Her answer -" Well let me talk about energy.." Over and over again. That's BS and really showed what a fool she is. All she is a pretty puppet. She has no business being Vice President. Just because she didn't fall on her face doesn't mean she did well.

Expectations for her was low and she performed north of her recent interview and south of her first speach.

That said she did hit a home run though she was batting in her own little league park.

Can America just not have a president until better candidates come along? They've been slumping for12 years now.

At the rate the US is going, it won't be long until we have President Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho running the country.

She hardly answered ANY questions. WTF? Q- I'd like to know your opinion on hockey.." Her answer -" Well let me talk about energy.." Over and over again. That's BS and really showed what a fool she is. All she is a pretty puppet. She has no business being Vice President. Just because she didn't fall on her face doesn't mean she did well.

EXACTLY. Just a pawn....from the second they announced she was the veep candidate, it was crystal clear what their motives were.

I agree also. Palin is a publicity stunt meant to attract undecided voters who vote on popularity over issues. She went into the debate with a script McCain gave to her. No matter what the question was, she kept going back to those things she was given by the party. She talked on and on about her energy experience, but every time another subject came up, like the war or taxes, she recited things from her script and offered no substantial factual support for her claims.

Biden was much more convincing to me because I don't care how my VP looks in a dress.

EXACTLY. Just a pawn....from the second they announced she was the veep candidate, it was crystal clear what their motives were.

That's all any VP choice is. Biden was simply to counter the fact that Obama's been a senator for a year (2 years of campaigning don't count) and has no experience to speak of.

It's all posturing.

It's all posturing until the President drops dead and now the VP is running the country. Sarah Palin would be incompetent as the President of the United States, I don't doubt that for a nanosecond.

Anybody who argues that because they were the Gov. of Alaksa therefore they have foregin policy experience because Alaska is 'close' to Russia, is flat out a moron. Period. Sure, maybe Obama doesn't have any more foreign policy experience than she does, but he's not even close to being dumb enough to make up an argument like that. That's the difference.

Good God, watching the Canadian debate last night, those guys sounded like nuclear physicists compared to Palin.

Well, Canadian politicians are usually less polished than their American counterparts, but I can't remember the last one who sounded like a blithering fool trying to hopelessly name a single news publication that they read.

I'm just a little ticked Palin and Gore never got to debate, it would be interesting to see who could spin the biggest pile of BS in an hour.

It's all posturing until the President drops dead and now the VP is running the country. Sarah Palin would be incompetent as the President of the United States, I don't doubt that for a nanosecond.

Anybody who argues that because they were the Gov. of Alaksa therefore they have foregin policy experience because Alaska is 'close' to Russia, is flat out a moron. Period. Sure, maybe Obama doesn't have any more foreign policy experience than she does, but he's not even close to being dumb enough to make up an argument like that. That's the difference.

Good God, watching the Canadian debate last night, those guys sounded like nuclear physicists compared to Palin.

Anybody who argues that because they have been running for the office of President of the United States for two years makes them more qualified to be the President of the United States is flat out, a moron. Period. Running a campaign is not executive experience.

Anybody who argues that because they have been running for the office of President of the United States for two years makes them more qualified to be the President of the United States is flat out, a moron. Period. Running a campaign is not executive experience.

I think Obama would be the first to admit he doesn't have a lot of executive experience, he doesn't. I don't think suggesting that talking to American voters and running a campaign for two years is worth something when it comes to being President is that outrageous. Sure, maybe it's a reach, but he hasn't got much else in that area. Surely that isn't nearly as absurd as suggesting that living next to a foreign country, with whom you've personally never dealt with, somehow gives you some foreign policy experience.

Politics aside, just a guess here, but I don't think Obama would react as if he had just been hit by a dump truck if you asked him to name a few Supreme Court decisions that he disagreed with...or what newspaper he reads. Dumb is dumb. And Sarah Palin looked dumb as all hell on that Katie Couric interview.

How about Biden's theatrics when he completely derailed a question so he could throw in his phony tears about his family. I get it that his wife and daughter were tragically killed years ago, but he completely exploited their deaths for his own personal gain in the debate. The guy is disgusting.

How about Biden's theatrics when he completely derailed a question so he could throw in his phony tears about his family. I get it that his wife and daughter were tragically killed years ago, but he completely exploited their deaths for his own personal gain in the debate. The guy is disgusting.

He's a politician with 30 yrs of experience...

Speaking of dumb Katie Couric interviews... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Glrnb_G34E4

And for the record I'm not a fan of McCain/Palin. I just think that she has been attacked far too much over far too little. Just because she doesn't have extensive foreign policy experience doesn't mean that she wouldn't be able to lead the country if need be. People are acting like the President is all alone and has no advisers or cabinet members who help shape their views and actions. Its funny how much people who are against her attack her lack of experience, but forgive Obama's. I would be much more in favor of a VP having little experience than the President.

Same can be said about McCain and the POW angle. It goes both ways.

You're absolutely right. I'm really tired of him hammering on the POW thing all the time. It has nothing at all to do with being president.

You're absolutely right. I'm really tired of him hammering on the POW thing all the time. It has nothing at all to do with being president.

It shows commitment and rising above and beyond during hard times. Believe me I am no McCain fan but that is the thought unless your are Kerry. :)

I think its more of a valid argument than this "m-a-v-e-r-i-c-k" thing.

Yeah, crying in the debate was pretty ridiculous, I won't deny that.

Not to mention when Clinton was running, as the unknown Gov of Arkansas, the left was claiming he had "military experience" because as Gov, he deployed the Ark National Guard. If you are going to be fair and attack Governors, then you must attack them equally the same. Clinton got a free ride by the left, so did Howard Dean. Palin has been attacked for having the same "qualifications" as Dean and Clinton. Oh, and Hillary, she was married to a President, that made her qualified.

IMO, for an executive (that's the branch of the Pres/VP), I'd much rather have a former GOV than a Senator or Congressman. It is well established that GOV's make the best presidents. Executive experience, knowing how to lead is much more valuable than sitting in committee meetings. Jeez, in my life experiences, I've lead more people than Obama. I've made more executive decisions than Obama. A good executive, a good CEO doesn't need to know squat about what they are leading. A leader will lead and surround themselves with experts. That's why a good CEO can go from running Pepsi-Cola to a running a bio-tech company, and amazingly do well at both.

I applaud Palin for not knowing what magazines she read. I suspect instead of wasting her time on BS books and mags, she was more focused and busy running a State Gov't! I haven't read a magazine in years and the only time I do is if I'm waiting in a doctors office. Who reads magazines anymore? Who reads newspapers? Only a liberal would think reading Time or Newsweek, or worse the NY Times, is qualification and prerequisite for being president. Stupid question by a stupid interviewer.

You applaud her not reading books or magazines? I dont mind different opinions but you had me at hello.

I hope you are voting for these folks because you agree with their view points and opinions and NOT because of the "liberal media?"

Actually it has a lot to do with being President, it shows he can handle adversity, something he'll likely be called upon to do while President. In time of crisis, I'd much rather have a ex-POW in charge, an attack pilot in charge, a Navy Commander in charge, than a community organizer who stumbled into where he was because an opponent dropped out of the race. And actually, up until the convention, I don't think McCain ever pushed the POW thing, it was the media who did. Over the years I've met and spoke with a couple of POW's and OMG, what they went thru makes me and others look like a wimp in comparison.

You applaud her not reading books or magazines? I dont mind different opinions but you had me at hello.

I hope you are voting for these folks because you agree with their view points and opinions and NOT because of the "liberal media?"

So, tell us exactly why does she has to read magazines? What is the significance of that stupid question?

And yes, I'd rather have my Governor spending their time running my state instead of reading "People" (or Playboy in case of Bill Clinton, or Playgirl in case of Barney Frank). Yup, THAT's certainly a prerequisite for being VP.

I personally disagree with a sh1tload of McCain's issues, but I disagree with all of Obamas. Guess who I'm voting for? As for the media, I ignore most of them because I know who they are steering the election to, and it's never for the right person. Katie Kouric, what a joke.

Actually it has a lot to do with being President, it shows he can handle adversity, something he'll likely be called upon to do while President. In time of crisis, I'd much rather have a ex-POW in charge, an attack pilot in charge, a Navy Commander in charge, than a community organizer who stumbled into where he was because an opponent dropped out of the race. And actually, up until the convention, I don't think McCain ever pushed the POW thing, it was the media who did. Over the years I've met and spoke with a couple of POW's and OMG, what they went thru makes me and others look like a wimp in comparison.

So, tell us exactly why does she has to read magazines? What is the significance of that stupid question?

And yes, I'd rather have my Governor spending their time running my state instead of reading "People" (or Playboy in case of Bill Clinton, or Playgirl in case of Barney Frank). Yup, THAT's certainly a prerequisite for being VP.

I personally disagree with a sh1tload of McCain's issues, but I disagree with all of Obamas. Guess who I'm voting for? As for the media, I ignore most of them because I know who they are steering the election to, and it's never for the right person. Katie Kouric, what a joke.

What is the purpose of staying informed in mutiple ways on what is going on in the world? Huh? If W would have peaked outside of his circle and tried to find out what was going on in the world ... ah nevermind your locked and loaded in your thoughts.

Short answer. Its very relevant in my opinion. Try to stay on the high road with your arguments. The Barney Frank comment only hurts your argument as it shows a tasteless biased.

I personally disagree with a sh1tload of McCain's issues, but I disagree with all of Obamas.

Jimmy, in the past eight years, McCain has voted with Bush 90% of the time. I derive two things from that.

John McCain is no maverick.

It's highly likely our country would continue to be in the economic plight, as well as international poor standing, that we are in now. If you don't believe that to be true, what do you believe are the differences in McCain's positions that would lead us away from the treading water that the country has been in?