Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sweetblazer

Christmas

We're getting to a point where Christmases are tougher. For the adults, if we want or need something throughout the year, we find the best price and then buy it. For the ladies, they're getting old enough that we no longer can get away with a trip down the doll aisle -- although the younger daughter disagrees! -- making it tougher to buy presents.

Anyway, we're still going to do something pretty cool. For the past four years, we've had to put larger presents in our TV room, then lock the door so the ladies wouldn't see them until all other presents were opened. However, the only way to get into that room once it's been locked is through the garage, which has meant we've had to put the garage door opener into my stocking. Every year I start acting excited and race outside, exclaiming, "Maybe Santa Claus left a car!!" Alas, he hasn't done so yet, but we knew we'd be getting a new car this year for Big D. However, last Christmas I started thinking about the ladies' reaction and said to her, "You know something? If you can wait another 365 days until you get your new car, they'll believe in Santa Claus until they're 17!" So, we bought her car two months ago. but left it on the dealer's lot; now every chance she gets, she let's me know how mean I am.

She got even, however. A couple of weeks ago, I settled down to watch the Pats' game in our TV room, but somehow the recording didn't take. So instead of watching the players in Hi-Def at a foot high, I was stuck watching in our bedroom in standard def with the players 3" high. That was a dead loss, so I went to Best Buy the next day, then called Big D at work.

"Best Buy has a 42" HDTV for $699 with 18-month No Interest. Can I buy it?"

"Sure, as long as you hide it until Christmas."

"What?!?!?"

"Hey, if I had to wait one year to get my car, you can wait one month to get your TV."

Then she had a great idea which is getting me real excited for Christmas. First, we'll open all the presents, then find the garage door opener in the stocking. After the garage door raises and the ladies have a heart attack when they see a new car with a bow on top, they'll open the doors to discover more presents from Santa Claus -- the TV, plus a WII that we bought for them.

I'm asking for money. Money can be exchanged for good hockey gear without the risk of sig other screwing up the order/selection. ;-)

I can picture it now...

You got me an ST 100 flex Sakic clear?? But I wanted an SE 85 flex Drury grip! WHY DON'T YOU LOVE ME! I know your dress size, your shoe size and your favorite color, why can't you remember my curve and flex, let alone grip preference?!

LMAO! OMG, Rustspot it is EXACTLY like that. Especially considering I had to re-learn all that info since the missus went on her crazy fitness junket and dropped all her sizes for smaller ones.

Oh and for the record, its Warrior 110 flex, Grip, RH Jovanovski curve.

What I hope for is my wife's very dysfunctional family to become normal.

Much like peace on earth and good will towards men I know it won't happen.

seconded. I feel bad my girlfriend has to live with it day in and day out. The stress really wears on her. good luck to you, i hope you do get it

In the 15 years we've been together it's gotten progressively worse(maybe it's me?). I'm unfortunately used to it by now.

so the crazy ass sister-in-law and mother-in-law dont ever get any better lol??? :unsure:

I want a ton of snow to go snow wheeling in!

The bf is getting an S17 and a new pair of 1052 Tacks I happened to run across. = )

much like the goodwill towards men and peace on Earth my request for a cute, well adjusted sig other will probably also not be taking place this holiday season.

Everything else getting bought is for the kiddo, I already got my gifts handled in new ice and inlien skates and some misc gear. Thankfully the kiddo said she wants to play hockey, so I get to shop hockey at least

I'll be getting a coffee machine for my room, thats about it. My brother will be getting his own xbox 360, new skates and a stick. Since I can afford to buy anything for myself I want my parents wont get me anything over $50 anymore. Not a big deal.

Skates,

Mac mini,

or money.

One of the three will be fine :P I'm planning to send the sister heliskiing for her spring break, so I guess I'm giving out the cool ones this year.

I asked Santa for a cordless drill, a new hacksaw, a firetruck, and a pony!

Cordless drill + Pony

Hacksaw + Pony

Firetruck + pony

feel damn sorry for whoever has to clean up the mess.....

I just want some new headphones, bloody creatives keep creaking on me; 3 warrenty replacements...

hopfully some Yuin PK3's or PK2's, I like my music :)

I don't know what to ask for anymore. It used to be toys and video games. But I'm too old for toys (not those kind) and I pretty much already have the games I want. And since I can't stop buying hockey gear, I've pretty much got the stuff I need or wanted already. It's gonna be a tough one this year.

My dad picked up 4 R8s when he had the chance while they were on sale for me so i am getting those for Christmas. CCM is sending me back a U+ as we speak and my mom said she wants there to be something under the tree for me so I just said Ill take Gears Of War 2 and that is it. After getting 4 sticks I really do not want anything at all, I only asked for 2 of them.

Ipod touch... Nano broke last year

Bose ipod dock for the Rec Room

a pair of Moccasins

then need to update the style so money from family i going to that

Dad's Getting Apple Tv

pitching money for his Road bike for my brothers +Car ipod system

...Just got my Christmas present to me.. 15" Macbook Pro. I've been touch & go on upgrading a while, so I'm content. Got majority of my shopping for others done too.

MIGHT have to ask for clothes and a new hanging bag now..........since Continental conveniently lost my bag coming from Tampa.

"If you have to buy toiletries......you can submit and we will reimburse you for your expense"

"What about the $400 worth of clothes in the bag"

"We are not responsible for articles inside of the bag"

*#&($*#)@

the parents arent really getting me alot this year considering there paying for a majority of my college i just know im getting a nice nbh hoddie some tape/wax and a new rangers jersey. my little brother is getting me a pair of vapor xvi gloves and i got him a dolomite shaft and my dad a one75 woddy (i love having a hockey family)

32" HD tv - mostly my dads idea but I won't complain! I'll probably buy myself a ps3 sometime after Christmas. There's a few jerseys I'd like too, all sorts of hockey related things. A few books, and lots of warmer clothing ( I seem to only shop for non-winter clothing when I have money!).

MIGHT have to ask for clothes and a new hanging bag now..........since Continental conveniently lost my bag coming from Tampa.

"If you have to buy toiletries......you can submit and we will reimburse you for your expense"

"What about the $400 worth of clothes in the bag"

"We are not responsible for articles inside of the bag"

*#&($*#)@

They don't replace the clothing?!? What happens when you're going to a business conference? What are you supposed to wear?