Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sweetblazer

Christmas

MIGHT have to ask for clothes and a new hanging bag now..........since Continental conveniently lost my bag coming from Tampa.

"If you have to buy toiletries......you can submit and we will reimburse you for your expense"

"What about the $400 worth of clothes in the bag"

"We are not responsible for articles inside of the bag"

*#&($*#)@

They don't replace the clothing?!? What happens when you're going to a business conference? What are you supposed to wear?

I'm sure that our local flyer (mod) of the not-so friendly skies can elaborate further.....but that is correct. You have to present a receipt of your expenditure on your toiletries and they will reimburse you for that.

On better news.......my bag was delivered to me about 20 mins ago. Good news......but very interesting to see just how lackadaisical customer service is in this industry. But hey, what can you expect from an industry that 90% of which is in chapter 11.

WTF man... And to think I took the extra 10 seconds to lock the back of the truck to ensure your bag didn't get stolen. ;)

Well, better late than never! One of these days I will have a private plane to avoid these issues. Now I just have to have Bill Gates hit me with his car so I can sue.

I hope you bought the solid $10 toothpaste and a $5 toothbrush, make them pay.

I might be stuck in the Philly area for Christmas, doesn't look like they're even going to get my car into the shop this week.

mostly just money. Getting a couple hoodies and maybe some shoes, and a few small unkown items. but mostly I'm just getting money for the next road trip to a hockey shop.

42" LG LCD tv. I've had a 25" Sears tv for as long as I can remember and it's got some nice banding and green blotches going on, so its time for an upgrade. Besides, it's just WRONG to have a PS3 without having a HD screen. Picked up a few pieces of hunting gear too (white army-issue coverall suit for hunting Eiders, 12 boxes of shotgun shells, etc.)

I'm sure the girlfriend has a couple surprises planned as well....picked her up a Tissot watch and a sweet-ass Helly Hansen jacket. Nothin beats finding sweet gifts for the people you care for.

For those shopping for their own Christmas presents (TV), Best Buy now has 36-month no-interest on home theatre systems. Bring on broke America!

For those shopping for their own Christmas presents (TV), Best Buy now has 36-month no-interest on home theatre systems. Bring on broke America!

No kidding. I really hope someone steps in and rehashes the credit system in the US. I'm all about bouncing some credit around for a year or two to take advantage of 0-interest, but how many people are bringing home half their yearly salary's worth of electronics and bullshit?

I bought my LCD 3 months ago straight-up, if you can't afford $1,000 (or another grand in credit debt) don't buy the TV!

It's good to hear a lot of members have enough cash to be dropping several grand on gifts.

Spree's post's got me thinking. It would be GREAT if I could get all the Christmas goodies I got (plus myself) from Cali back to Montreal in 1 piece. 2 transfers on the way back and they'll be hell to pay.

No kidding. I really hope someone steps in and rehashes the credit system in the US. I'm all about bouncing some credit around for a year or two to take advantage of 0-interest, but how many people are bringing home half their yearly salary's worth of electronics and bullshit?

I bought my LCD 3 months ago straight-up, if you can't afford $1,000 (or another grand in credit debt) don't buy the TV!

It's good to hear a lot of members have enough cash to be dropping several grand on gifts.

I don't think 0% interest offers are bad if you are good with your payments and you try to keep your overall monthly expenditures within reason. I look at it as being similar to layaway but you get to bring the product home.

One thing that is concerning, however, is I am convinced that certain websites are set up to try to snare late charges. For instance, I usually will go into the website right away, schedule my payments for the year, then give myself a tickler in the eleventh month to make sure I haven't made a mistake with my math. However, we bought a TV with GE credit last year and as far as I can tell I CAN'T schedule payments if they are greater than the minimum (or less than the balance). I have a monthly reminder to make sure I pay in time, and I'll probably pay the balance three months early, but I'd bet big bucks they are hoping people will forget to make payments.

Best Buy is at least not screwing themselves by allowing large lines of credit, either. My mother was looking at appliances and some presents and got approved for $3000. They don't seem to be into giving people enough rope to hang themselves.

It is amazing what some people can do with only a little rope when it comes to credit. Sure you get approved for a $750 TV but what about that sweet sectional from Levitz and the wall mount from Target?

It is amazing what some people can do with only a little rope when it comes to credit. Sure you get approved for a $750 TV but what about that sweet sectional from Levitz and the wall mount from Target?

You're right, because it can add up when you have multiple accounts. We try not to have more than $200 to $300 a month outstanding. And by that, I don't mean the minimum payment, but the payments necessary to pay in full to avoid finance charges.

I admit I'd rather have no payments but, then again, sometimes the large screen TV beckons!

Well I got on the glass seats to the Predators vs Redwings game the day after Christmas a while ago. I'm asking for a North Face jacket, a few 360 games, but I have everything I need for the most part, so the vast majority of my Christmas will be spent on clothes.

Just bought myself tickets to see Slipknot, Coheed and Cambria, and Trivium. Couldn't pass up this show so I got myself a Christmas present.

Seen Coheed now, 3-4 times. Great band who put everything they have into their performances. They alone are worth the ticket price.

Rent, tuition,and probably some assorted tennis stuff. Not as cool as hockey stuff but I still play tennis competitively, and my mom owns a pro shop.

My parents already did a lot, paying 85% of my tuition. So, I won't ask them any more.

But my brother messaged me that they had hid 4 9K O-tech in the basement.. I know they will be 2 for me 2 for my brother

But once again, my god, I hate that stick and they even got wrong curve and flex...

urr... thank..you?