Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

larrivee

2009-2010 Gear Sightings

Probably didn't want to wear the 9k.

I only saw one guy with 9k's on- the rest were 520 style or Easton.

Each NHL Team has a large RBK/CCM merchandise credit. That is part of the jersey license deal. All teams use most of it for equipment since they need to outfit the minor league players and draft picks going back to junior. Those kids have to use that gear anyway. That is why you see all of this RBK gear at the rookie camps.

Right, I just didn't want to say it. :)

I've been waiting for the NBH stuff from the Lightning because obviously can't be worn next season - Ray had said that he was going to use some of it for the rookie camps, looks like he hasn't so far.

Right, I just didn't want to say it. :)

I've been waiting for the NBH stuff from the Lightning because obviously can't be worn next season - Ray had said that he was going to use some of it for the rookie camps, looks like he hasn't so far.

There were a few pairs of Vapor XXX gloves, but no NBH that I saw.

leafsrule i have actually been looking at the one95 but i get the impression its all for powerful slapshots while i stick handle, pass and take wrist shots.

A stick doesn't make the player.

Just like golf, while the player makes the shot, the player get every advantage possible suiting the shaft/head (this case shaft/blade) combo that is best for their game. ;)

hed.jpg

Looks like 10K graphics on the Tacks 4 Roll glove.

I wish they'd release something different, sort of like how Bauer does the ONE/Supreme line and the VAPOR line (plus the flexlites for skates... :D). I enjoy a lot of RBK's stuff, especially their pads and the skate line they released two years ago... but they show absolutely no parody, which is why Bauer will always be number one for me.

i like the 10k glove...very mobile, just the palm doesn't look that good, but i'ma bully/franchise guy so i probably wont spring for them

I wish they'd release something different, sort of like how Bauer does the ONE/Supreme line and the VAPOR line (plus the flexlites for skates... :D ). I enjoy a lot of RBK's stuff, especially their pads and the skate line they released two years ago... but they show absolutely no parody, which is why Bauer will always be number one for me.

They do. You have Reebok, then you have CCM. Plenty of difference.

hed.jpg

I wish they'd release something different, sort of like how Bauer does the ONE/Supreme line and the VAPOR line (plus the flexlites for skates... :D). I enjoy a lot of RBK's stuff, especially their pads and the skate line they released two years ago... but they show absolutely no parody, which is why Bauer will always be number one for me.

You don't like Reebok because they don't make fun of stuff?

At Sabres prospect camp last week I had a talk with our first rounder Zach Kassian out back of the rink. He missed the ice portion of camp due to a foot injury, while talking to him I noticed he had a bunch of SWEET warrior dolomites. They had a blue Chinese dragon design wrapping down the stick. I wish I had my camera so I could post a picture. Has anyone else seen a stick anything like that one? I would love to get my hands on one :D

Easton unveiled their S19 skate prototype to us a couple days ago... All black, black runners that apparently STAY black. Looks absolutely intense.

Easton unveiled their S19 skate prototype to us a couple days ago... All black, black runners that apparently STAY black. Looks absolutely intense.

Intense:

Knotts-SupremeScream.jpg

I wonder if those all black skates Heatley was wearing at one point were S19's, and not S17's...

I wish they'd release something different, sort of like how Bauer does the ONE/Supreme line and the VAPOR line (plus the flexlites for skates... :D ). I enjoy a lot of RBK's stuff, especially their pads and the skate line they released two years ago... but they show absolutely no parody, which is why Bauer will always be number one for me.

Not really. the skates are pretty similar, at least for the most part, the pads are different, yes, but the gloves fit about the same, the Helmets fit about the same, there's no true parody like Bauer. The sticks I can't really speak for.

I don't say this as a slight so much as a disappointment. I love the RBK helmets, the pads obviously are brilliant (in my opinion, at least) and as mentioned before, I loved their skates from 2007, but I think between them and CCM, the parody isn't there, and especially from CCM, their products are starting to look fairly goofy.

Not really. the skates are pretty similar, at least for the most part, the pads are different, yes, but the gloves fit about the same, the Helmets fit about the same, there's no true parody like Bauer. The sticks I can't really speak for.

I don't say this as a slight so much as a disappointment. I love the RBK helmets, the pads obviously are brilliant (in my opinion, at least) and as mentioned before, I loved their skates from 2007, but I think between them and CCM, the parody isn't there, and especially from CCM, their products are starting to look fairly goofy.

CCM's older Vector line(pre U+) was much narrower and shallower than the RBKs. The U+ is wider, deeper and flatter than RBKs... not to mention the technology in them.

The gloves are different. The reebok line is slim fit as is the vector line but they have different features and styling.

The protective is very similar but again, features... The Supreme and Vapor protective line is about as similar as the Reebok/CCM line, if not closer to eachother.

The Reebok helmets fit much wider and shallower than the Vector helmets.

By the way, the comma fairy called and said you are over your limit for the month.

hed.jpg

BROOKLYNITES!?!?! no i kid but they look very similar

CCM's older Vector line(pre U+) was much narrower and shallower than the RBKs. The U+ is wider, deeper and flatter than RBKs... not to mention the technology in them.

The gloves are different. The reebok line is slim fit as is the vector line but they have different features and styling.

The protective is very similar but again, features... The Supreme and Vapor protective line is about as similar as the Reebok/CCM line, if not closer to eachother.

The Reebok helmets fit much wider and shallower than the Vector helmets.

By the way, the comma fairy called and said you are over your limit for the month.

Sorry, I was writing something slightly more important and was using this as a side to freshen up my mind, no need to get upset. ;)

I agree the older vector line filled many of the gaps, but I think the present incarnation blurs what was once a clear distinction in the variety they offer(ed).

The U+ to me is just offering a different version of the same thing that is presently in the RBK line; similar to what the Flexlite is to the Supreme. The vector used to be the filler to the comparatively Vapor-like hole, but I really don't think so anymore.

I skate with a V08 helmet and I don't notice it to be incredibly wider or shallower then the 8k. A slight difference yes, but nothing that I think can be too noticeable unless you are looking for something that is slightly longer vs. slightly wider. I can say for sure that the 8k is a much nicer looking helmet, and if the price difference was much different I would've bought the 8k. ;)

I don't discount that the Hockey Company, or RBK/Adidas or whatever they wish to call themselves now does have a diverse product lineup, but I just don't believe it satisfies as wide a range of players as Bauer does presently.

I just wanted to add that Reebok does offer two different glove lines that you could liken to the Supreme and Vapor lines offered by Bauer. They have the 10k, 8k... Kinetic fit line, and now also have the 6.0.6, 3.0.3.... fitlite line of gloves.

I just wanted to add that Reebok does offer two different glove lines that you could liken to the Supreme and Vapor lines offered by Bauer. They have the 10k, 8k... Kinetic fit line, and now also have the 6.0.6, 3.0.3.... fitlite line of gloves.

I haven't tried their new line yet, haven't had the chance with the summer golf season, so you may very well be right.

At Sabres prospect camp last week I had a talk with our first rounder Zach Kassian out back of the rink. He missed the ice portion of camp due to a foot injury, while talking to him I noticed he had a bunch of SWEET warrior dolomites. They had a blue Chinese dragon design wrapping down the stick. I wish I had my camera so I could post a picture. Has anyone else seen a stick anything like that one? I would love to get my hands on one :D

They are in the Holiday catalog.

Eyes open at training camps and early season games, lads, I've heard some interesting things about Bauer. Reps visited some pro shop guys I skate with and they seemed impressed with what is on the horizon. Too early for details I'm sure so I'll just leave you all with the JR teaser.

They are in the Holiday catalog.

Is that the catalog that youcan download from msh?