Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

larrivee

2009-2010 Gear Sightings

Saw a highlight of tavares, the new ccm 4 rolls are hideous in blue and orange IMO

Agreed, I hope he doesn't wear them come regular season.

At Sabres prospect camp last week I had a talk with our first rounder Zach Kassian out back of the rink. He missed the ice portion of camp due to a foot injury, while talking to him I noticed he had a bunch of SWEET warrior dolomites. They had a blue Chinese dragon design wrapping down the stick. I wish I had my camera so I could post a picture. Has anyone else seen a stick anything like that one? I would love to get my hands on one :D

2uze35i.jpg

I'd have to disagree, mate. I think those blue/orange CCM mitts are incredible!

i'd have to agree, i thought they looked great. Same with the oilers retro colour scheme

I like them too. I wonder if they are switching from the solid navy gloves to the pattern Tavares is using with their home and away uniforms? The blue looks a little dark to be used with the alternates but you never know.

Isn't the alt becoming their home next season?

yeah, I'm pretty sure that I saw on Islanders Illustrated TV show that they were making the Alt their home. I actually like the jerseys

Isn't the alt becoming their home next season?

Actually I don't think the Islanders retro jersey is becoming the home jersey next year. I know the Islanders wanted to do that, but I think I recall reading on Chris Botta's website (Islanderspointblank) that they missed some NHL deadline for merchandise, etc. to make the switch.

Teams, I believe, have a 3 year minimum period in between switching jerseys. I believe after this season teams will be free to change up their jerseys if they so choose. I know for sure Edmonton is chomping at the bit to ditch the disasters they're wearing right now for the retro jerseys. Philly and I think the Isles are in the same boat. Most of the teams have already started the process. The Oilers will wear the "3rd" jersey 27 times at home this season, meaning their actual home jersey is only being worn 14 times. The Islanders and Flyers are likely to be doing something similar, with the 3rd being the more worn jersey. In 2010 or 2011 teams will be able to make the full time switch.

Hopefully this also shows that despite what Reebok seemed to want teams to do, the fans want classic hockey jerseys. None of this goofy "modern" stuff they tried to shove down our throats. Make a better jersey, but don't try to alter the history of them at the same time.

Teams, I believe, have a 3 year minimum period in between switching jerseys. I believe after this season teams will be free to change up their jerseys if they so choose. I know for sure Edmonton is chomping at the bit to ditch the disasters they're wearing right now for the retro jerseys. Philly and I think the Isles are in the same boat. Most of the teams have already started the process. The Oilers will wear the "3rd" jersey 27 times at home this season, meaning their actual home jersey is only being worn 14 times. The Islanders and Flyers are likely to be doing something similar, with the 3rd being the more worn jersey. In 2010 or 2011 teams will be able to make the full time switch.

Hopefully this also shows that despite what Reebok seemed to want teams to do, the fans want classic hockey jerseys. None of this goofy "modern" stuff they tried to shove down our throats. Make a better jersey, but don't try to alter the history of them at the same time.

Reebok designs the look of the jerseys based on the teams recommandations I believe.

Reebok designs the look of the jerseys based on the teams recommandations I believe.

To an extent yes, but as JR just mentioned, there were a set of templates the teams were supposed to use. Of course not all teams went with a modern design (Detroit and New Jersey kept the old design, San Jose had the Devils style jersey.) Other teams ended up with almost identical jerseys just recolored (Ottawa and Pittsburgh, Nashvile and Florida, etc). Of course there have been teams in the past with similar templates so it's not just the same design being the problem. I just think Reebok underestimated what hockey fans like in a jersey. You look at the top third jersey sales and the retro ones are almost all at the top.

But you are partially right as the teams had input on the new jersey designs as well. I just find it a shame that so many teams downgraded their appearances, IMO of course.

Where did the pictures of Tavares end up? Some of these third jersyes are simply horrid tho. The Tampa jersey, and the Atlanta 3rds are horendous.

I wish the Pens would wear their baby blue retro 3rds more often... By far my favourite jersey in the whole league.

I don't. I think they won a total of 2 games last year wearing them :P

bring back the leafs white shoulder please :D but islanders blue/orange does look good for some reason

i have been wanting that for the longest time. the leafs "third" now is way better then their current road

From the '09 playoffs: In game 2(?) of the West QF between Calgary and Chicago.... Leopold(#40) was wearing an all black helmet with no logo. Could someone tell me what brand he was wearing? It looked almost like a bauer prototype.

oh ye? my bad...i knew he wore missions for awhile

blah need to update my back in the day equipment knowledge, thanks

Favorite third is the philly orange with the white name plate. Followed by the blue and gold sabres one.

They weren't pics of Tavares, it was a video clip of him on sportsnet, the gloves didn't look so pretty as compared to other blue and orange combos out there.

Favorite third is the philly orange with the white name plate. Followed by the blue and gold sabres one.

They weren't pics of Tavares, it was a video clip of him on sportsnet, the gloves didn't look so pretty as compared to other blue and orange combos out there.

I think the gloves look weird because on Tavares' gloves the fingers are blue not orange.

Picture1-2.png