Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Chadd

The Venting Spot

looks like bauer wont be replacing my flexlites as they say because my skates (flexlite 4.0) are basically new (used them for a month) the having the boot rip right through and the tenon guard falling off is user fault. I do not yank on the tenon guard taking off my skates after hearing many stories about the one 90's

yea I honestly think I'm just going to try and sell them on here as the repair should fix the problem but the skates arent quite what I had expected anyways and are a bit big for me. The store that I dealt with was very helpful and are fixing them for me for free as they agreed they should have been warrantied but there is nothing either of us can really do as it is bauers decision. Hopefully I can get some money back so I can put it towards some skates that fit me better.

I hate losing, especially to a team that hasn't won a game yet this season. We beat them earlier 10-4 and I'm on a low level roller team with a bunch of guys (all except me, my buddy, and the goalie) that haven't played competitive puck before (only messed around on the streets). I'm trying to teach these guys and have fun, but its awful hard in situations when guys think were going to walk all over a team. We're not good enough to do that.

We walk in, and everyone is talking about when the next game is when we win and how dumb the goalie looks and all this jazz. You can guess, we lose 4-3. Unbelievable. I hate things like this.

On another note, this team brings 3 kids that haven't played the alloted games to be allowed in the playoffs, we call them on it, and the only make one kid not able to play, but the other two are. They score 3 of their 4 goals. Even though we totally deserved to lose because nobody outside of the three experienced hockey players tried, its still frustrating to play against guys that shouldn't of been there.

I hate losing, especially to a team that hasn't won a game yet this season. We beat them earlier 10-4 and I'm on a low level roller team with a bunch of guys (all except me, my buddy, and the goalie) that haven't played competitive puck before (only messed around on the streets). I'm trying to teach these guys and have fun, but its awful hard in situations when guys think were going to walk all over a team. We're not good enough to do that.

We walk in, and everyone is talking about when the next game is when we win and how dumb the goalie looks and all this jazz. You can guess, we lose 4-3. Unbelievable. I hate things like this.

On another note, this team brings 3 kids that haven't played the alloted games to be allowed in the playoffs, we call them on it, and the only make one kid not able to play, but the other two are. They score 3 of their 4 goals. Even though we totally deserved to lose because nobody outside of the three experienced hockey players tried, its still frustrating to play against guys that shouldn't of been there.

Man you dont even know. We lost to a team this year that hadnt won a game in 3 years. 3 years!!! And our team is defending league champs(only maybe 7 or so guys left from that team but still)

If it were me, I'd be glad to have a competitive game.

Ah yes, gotta love ringers. One team I play against likes to bring in the local D3 kids who are about 6 or more years older than me.

Due to a scheduling error (on my part), I am working in the studio for an AHL game until (most likely) 1:30am. I haven't had to do this for almost a year...it's coming back to me...but that intro was pretty rough. Hope my PD isn't listening.

Due to a scheduling error (on my part), I am working in the studio for an AHL game until (most likely) 1:30am. I haven't had to do this for almost a year...it's coming back to me...but that intro was pretty rough. Hope my PD isn't listening.

Fortunately my PD never heard me swear, the APD on the other hand....

Fortunately my PD never heard me swear, the APD on the other hand....

Good thing the mic wasn't on at about 2 minutes to 10:00...LOTS of people who have heard me swearing *L*

Popped my shoulder out tonight - huge crunch.

Won't set back in. Played on and had 3 assists.

Going to need surgery - will prob postpone til after Summer Jam.

About 3 years ago I took a hip check in a no-check league and I came down funny and popped my shoulder out. It's only now to the point where it doesn't painfully click and pop when I rotate fully upwards.

I went through a ton of Icy Hot for a few months after that.

8-10 page essay to write about which poem is more poetic. Stopping by woods by frost or barter by sara teasdale. Can the resident english teachers help me out on this one? Drewhunz or Law Goalie?

That's no good about the shoulder. If you can help it, don't put off surgery too long.

I have a friend who dislocated one of his back in high school and kept on postponing getting it fixed. His shoulder eventually became so loose that he could barely lift his arm above is head without it popping out.

That's no good about the shoulder. If you can help it, don't put off surgery too long.

I have a friend who dislocated one of his back in high school and kept on postponing getting it fixed. His shoulder eventually became so loose that he could barely lift his arm above is head without it popping out.

It's been 11 years, a few more months won't hurt. LOL

8-10 page essay to write about which poem is more poetic. Stopping by woods by frost or barter by sara teasdale. Can the resident english teachers help me out on this one? Drewhunz or Law Goalie?

If by "more poetic" the assignment intends you to nominate the poem with "more obvious and numerous poetic devices," you'd really just have to catalogue what they're using, respectively, and let it come down on one side or the other. My guess would be Teasdale's, in that case.

If on the other hand you're being asked to arbitrate the poetic superiority of one over the other, it would be more of an opinion piece. Personally, I'd find it much easier to argue for Frost than for Teasdale, if only because the conceit of 'Barter' is a wee bit tried and trite -- and, frankly, entirely vacant of the rather obvious fact that the idea of purchasing love and life owes more to prostitution and slavery than poetry; put 'Barter' in a ribald mouth, and the whole thing becomes outrageously funny. Falstaff would have had a field day with it. Frost, by comparison, aspires to less and perhaps achieves more. You can mock it -- imagine the speaker of Housman's 'Terence' having a go at it in the same voice as his, "The cow, the old cow, she is dead / It sleeps well the horned head / We poor lads, 'tis our turn now / To hear such tunes as killed the cow." -- but it's always preferable to be a simpleton than a buffoon, or whatever the feminine form of a buffoon might be (a Buffy?)

And, happily, this reply isn't too off-topic for a Vent - I loathe Teasdale and disapprove of Frost for reasons of sheer intellectual perversion.

If by "more poetic" the assignment intends you to nominate the poem with "more obvious and numerous poetic devices," you'd really just have to catalogue what they're using, respectively, and let it come down on one side or the other. My guess would be Teasdale's, in that case.

If on the other hand you're being asked to arbitrate the poetic superiority of one over the other, it would be more of an opinion piece. Personally, I'd find it much easier to argue for Frost than for Teasdale, if only because the conceit of 'Barter' is a wee bit tried and trite -- and, frankly, entirely vacant of the rather obvious fact that the idea of purchasing love and life owes more to prostitution and slavery than poetry; put 'Barter' in a ribald mouth, and the whole thing becomes outrageously funny. Falstaff would have had a field day with it. Frost, by comparison, aspires to less and perhaps achieves more. You can mock it -- imagine the speaker of Housman's 'Terence' having a go at it in the same voice as his, "The cow, the old cow, she is dead / It sleeps well the horned head / We poor lads, 'tis our turn now / To hear such tunes as killed the cow." -- but it's always preferable to be a simpleton than a buffoon, or whatever the feminine form of a buffoon might be (a Buffy?)

And, happily, this reply isn't too off-topic for a Vent - I loathe Teasdale and disapprove of Frost for reasons of sheer intellectual perversion.

Well in class we discussed the normal stufflike allegory similes metaphors metonomy synechdoche and all of the irony and poetry fillers such as rhetorical poetry, didactic and sentimental, the last three making it less poetic. it is not as easy as just what has been used but what poetic devices are dominant in each line of poetry and figuring that out. We also need to argue to the maturity and complexity of eac poet at their writing time of these poems and the maturity of each poem. Dont feel like posting another post in the sweet spot but I'm hitting an AHL game tonight, Hartford and Bridgeport

Law Goalie. I don't think Frost alone is the problem. There are far too many teachers (mainly elementary and high school) that just butcher so many of the cannon in literature (Frost, Blake, "The Great Gatsby," "Catcher in the Rye") or that only focus on the cannon without reading the "classics" ironically enough, including Stopping by Woods on a snowy evening and The road not taken. However, a great teacher can really make some texts come to life.

Edited by Moose

If it were me, I'd be glad to have a competitive game.

true.

i'd almost rather lose a great game than blow out a team well below our skill level.

Well in class we discussed the normal stufflike allegory similes metaphors metonomy synechdoche and all of the irony and poetry fillers such as rhetorical poetry, didactic and sentimental, the last three making it less poetic. it is not as easy as just what has been used but what poetic devices are dominant in each line of poetry and figuring that out. We also need to argue to the maturity and complexity of eac poet at their writing time of these poems and the maturity of each poem. Dont feel like posting another post in the sweet spot but I'm hitting an AHL game tonight, Hartford and Bridgeport

That's a rather extraordinary position -- are Horace's Sermones less poetic than the Carmina simply because they have a rhetorical method and a point to make? Coleridge and Wordsworth, to name but two, would have a bone to pick about sentiments lessening poetic art (in their critical theory as well as in practice). Throw it forward a little, and I've heard it convincingly argued that it was two satirists - Pope and Swift - who wrote the best pure, technical poetry and prose respectively in the language, no matter what their aims were.

It's an interesting assignment, especially in re: the dominant contemporary poetic devices (some great critical literature in there), as well the present maturity of the poet's art. I underestimated its scope from your original post. You'd need to have good command of both poetic catalogues for that.

Moose, I couldn't agree more -- especially about the teaching of Blake. Most of the time I hear him taught, it's like Northrop Frye never wrote a fucking word, and M.H. Abrams was just whistling dixie out of his ass.

Moose, I couldn't agree more -- especially about the teaching of Blake. Most of the time I hear him taught, it's like Northrop Frye never wrote a fucking word, and M.H. Abrams was just whistling dixie out of his ass.

if that was true i'll gladly study english again but damn did i hate that subject

Ow, goddamnit, that stings - right in the alma mater!

haha sorry mate :P adhd and english classes don't go well together

Edited by K9 Unit

Sorry to hear man... Seems like everyone I know is getting injured.

Since I hurt my knee. A friend broke his ankle, another friend broke his clavicle, another friend chipped his shoulder pretty badly. Aaand the worst "accident" of the bunch, my friend's little brother(just turned 18) got his gf pregnant.... all in Mid-Dec to mid-Jan.