Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Chadd

The Venting Spot

Fewer is used to describe an amount that can be counted. Having improper grammar can lead to some major grocery line debates.

Thanks furlan. And DH, do you have too much time on your hands or something?

What's the difference?

If you can count the items, you would use "fewer". If it's an uncountable mass of a substance or mixed items, e.g. dirt or sugar, you would use "less". Drew should work in our Contracts department... ;)

If you can count the items, you would use "fewer". If it's an uncountable mass of a substance or mixed items, e.g. dirt or sugar, you would use "less". Drew should work in our Contracts department... ;)

I think I have the answer now no fewer than 3 times I've heard it

Karma's a bitch...

You can say that again, although I still feel like I got screwed over here. I didn't do anything wrong, unlike the kid that got arrested. I am pretty sure I have enough in class witnesses to fight the committee though. Didn't know I could do that until about 20 minutes ago when the school called. I need 5 witnesses to make a case and I have 7 right now. hopefully this goes well.

In the middle of running the Learn to Play program tonight my daughter skated up and said, "Daddy, my skates feel weird. My heel is pushing really hard and and my toe is curled up and touching the front." Well allrighty then.... spring hockey starts Sunday. She's been in a 13 all season and i knew she was due, but I just checked her a week ago and she had room :huh: . Now she measures about a 13.5 - 13.75...... Traded off her 752's for a bigger pair of 652's so she'll be good through the summer and part of the fall (I hope).

Edited by zebra_steve

Unless she is skating a lot between now and September, I really find it hard to sell skates at this time of year when the kids can no longer wear their skates for Spring hockey. I hope she skates all year round! :)

stupid telco... first they had some problem with the phone line (which I didnt subscribe to), but it affects the internet connection. Two weeks without internet, and now they have to send someone out to fix the line between 1-5pm. Idiots... whats the point of making an appointment, when they cant fix the damn thing during that time, and then have to come another day.

Off-season training, day 5 - doing bodyweight squats to warm up, and hear crackling noises from both sides and below every time I squat down and up. I figure the knees are going. Same sounds with lunges and step-ups. However, there's no pain. I figure that I'm almost done for, so I stop the workout.

Afterwards I find out that it's the receipts and cash in my pockets making the noises as I was bending my hips. Got scared for nothing.

HAHAHAHAHA.

wake up, check the bank statement and see 4 charges between 45-50 from iTunes I didn't make. Called the bank, they are taking care of it, killing my debit and sending me a new one, so I probably won't lose any money. Problem is I can't figure out how to get back on iTunes to shut down my account and apples support system sucks, had to call three numbers just so that a guy can tell me to send a stupid email to get anything done. Going to be tapped for cash for a few days, just praying at this point that the bank really has my back.

Unless she is skating a lot between now and September, I really find it hard to sell skates at this time of year when the kids can no longer wear their skates for Spring hockey. I hope she skates all year round! :)

It would be a good time to consider stretching the skates.

wake up, check the bank statement and see 4 charges between 45-50 from iTunes I didn't make. Called the bank, they are taking care of it, killing my debit and sending me a new one, so I probably won't lose any money. Problem is I can't figure out how to get back on iTunes to shut down my account and apples support system sucks, had to call three numbers just so that a guy can tell me to send a stupid email to get anything done. Going to be tapped for cash for a few days, just praying at this point that the bank really has my back.

I feel for you. A friend of mine got hit on there and was charged for "Chinese apps and apps on how to talk to girls." His totaled up to around $400 before they caught on.

I feel for you. A friend of mine got hit on there and was charged for "Chinese apps and apps on how to talk to girls." His totaled up to around $400 before they caught on.

Apparently Apple accounts are pretty easy to hack, couple other friends have had similar problems from iTunes or the app store. Luckily, I don't use any apple products so I'm going to shut down my connection with the iTunes store and hopefully steer clear of their systems from here on out.

I have to go to a meeting thing for a trip I am going on for school. It's was supposed to start at 6:30 but the changed it to 7:30 due to an NHS meeting. I had tickets to the game and everything. I literally think it could bring tears to my eyes, as he has been on the team longer then I have been alive.

Ya I wish I could, but I am not eligible to go on the trip and it will be my last ever drumline trip because I am quitting next year because my schedule is too busy and I enjoy hockey more. I will have a portable radio with me, but it certainly won't be the same.

Not to mention possibly Leithnen and Turco's last games as well.

Edited by starsfan71

Ya I wish I could, but I am not eligible to go on the trip and it will be my last ever drumline trip because I am quitting next year because my schedule is too busy and I enjoy hockey more. I will have a portable radio with me, but it certainly won't be the same.

Not to mention possibly Leithnen and Turco's last games as well.

Exactly the reason you need to go to the game and screw the drumline trip. You already got accused of cheating, you owe it to yourself to give the school the middle finger and go to the game. I may have to murder you if you don't go. ;)

stupid telco part Deux!

telco sends a guy to come in to fix the problem line, and happens to cut my internet... now internet provider needs to send someone to fix it as well.

Tuning to ESPN to watch the last 1/3 of the BC/Miami game. Too bad I tuned in just in time to hear that they'll be back with the "Halftime report." :huh: