Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Chadd

The Venting Spot

Heh I remember when I was in college in 2006 and the teachers went on strike around this time of year. Really screwed a lot of people.

Took four years and a lot of angry letters but I finally got the worthless piece of paper I earned. Only took four more years after that to finish paying for it.

Using students as their bargaining chip is such a douche move.

Fast food workers want the minimum wage increases, yet they're unable to make an order without buggering it up.

This comes to mind:

NSFW

Dropped to -25 Celsius last night in London Ontario, wake up to find my car battery dead from how cold it got making me miss my game today

-22F here this morning (-30C), without windchill.

I hope you have a better car battery than I do!

Nope... just blew it up this afternoon trying to jump start it. Blew up at least what looks like the intake manifold, and who knows what else inside. Won't know more till I can get it into a shop. For being a Canadian made car, it sure hates cold weather. If only I hit that deer harder last summer. :dry:

• Like 1

Had to put my Shepherd down this morning. Smartest, most lovable thing on this earth, but she was in too much pain.

Hurt way more than I ever could have prepared myself for.

Sorry for your loss, ive been in your situation.

I know its wrong, but I’m honestly really hoping we lose our playoff game on Sunday. There's 4 teams in our league, and the top team has absolutely no business being in our division and wins most of its games by at least 5 goals. These are the kinds of guys who cherry-pick at 6-0 with 2 minutes left and celebrate like they scored the cup winner when it goes in. No class.

I don't want to be the team losing in the championship to these asshats.

The best move when playing a team like that is to not show up. It's tough getting a team full of guys to do that though.

The best move when playing a team like that is to not show up. It's tough getting a team full of guys to do that though.

I actually suggested we just forfeit if we get there just so they don't get the satisfaction.

Somebody else suggested we swap with our D4 team. Obviously it'd be a forfeit for us on paper but at least they would lose the actual game. :)

We're the 3rd place team so we'll be playing #2 who beat us in OT last weekend, and every game we've played with them has been a 1-goal game. Could go either way. But I'm definitely secretly hoping we lose. HORRIBLE mindset and terribly unsportsmanlike, but I can't help it.

I hate having playoffs in a lower level beer league, it just encourages teams to sandbag so they can win the title.

Like I always say, it the t-shirt is that important to you then you can have it.

exactly, I have a couple and I've only worn them to paint or work on the car.

seems like your league has some balancing issues.

It used to be a whole hell of a lot worse. The bottom team... well, its the bottom division, there's not much you can do about them besides hope they get better. But the top team is clearly in the wrong place. The two middle teams are very even and while they usually beat us, it's rarely by more than one goal.

Next season that team is moving up to D5 and they're forming a new team in D6, so they ARE addressing it. I just hate the thought of them celebrating like they won the stanley cup when they blow us out in the finals (assuming we win on Sunday). It's normally not even close, so I can only imagine how they'll play in the playoffs. Double digit goals wouldn't surprise me.

At least they're going to be gone next season...

In the leagues around here, the league managers usually move teams around to even it out. They would probably have already bumped that team up, and bumped a d5 team down