Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Chadd

The Venting Spot

Don't focus on the number of goals, focus on the number of stops. Use the goals allowed to learn what you could have done better, and focus on growth.

Trust me, there's at least one ice time a month where I start to contemplate how much I could get for selling my equipment.

• Like 2

Thought I had to open at work today (6:30am), turns out my boss gave the shift to another employee (he forgot I was already scheduled - which is ridiculous because I am still listed on the most recent schedule), and I wound up trudging through the darkness to workplace for nothing. Ugh.

Fractured my right ankle and broke a bone in my leg. Freak accident going down the stairs at my house, have surgery scheduled for Thursday. No hockey, driving, etc for 6 weeks or more. Not being able to drive is the worst (outside of no hockey), thankfully my brother and business partner have both been kind enough to be my chauffeurs for a bit. So at least work and business shouldn't be affected too much, and I'm finally getting my money's worth out of my crazy insurance premiums (As you can see I'm doing my best to put a positive spin on this situation).

forgot to pack gloves in my Ice bag today. Got to the rink, 35 mins from my house to realize this.

Luckily for me they had some APX Pro in Black/yellow at the pro shop for 80 bux on clearance! I guess that part goes in the sweet spot thread.

• Like 1

Show up to the rink for pickup and somebody else's name is in my spot.

Other guy showed up, said he was fine with not playing because he could just go to work instead, so I ended up getting to play.

My worry is that he was a regular with this group for years and I'm a bit worried that I might get pushed out now that he's back playing again.

SNOW...

Waving the white flag over here!

Oh god, agreed, I love winter, but I think we need to just cancel Massachusetts for a couple of weeks to sort this out.

SNOW...

Waving the white flag over here!

Never surrender...

Oh god, agreed, I love winter, but I think we need to just cancel Massachusetts for a couple of weeks to sort this out.

I want MORE!

Snow? I live in Utah and we're in a heat wave.... Have had a crazy Winter.... Can you vent for no snow? I'm going to end up summerizing the snowblower without using it, let alone ever shoveling? Been like 55-70 the last bit....feels like mid-late March....

Good, keep Utah warm!

We're headed to SW Utah over spring break the end of March/1st week in April. :)

We have a warm spell here, too. It's been 30-40ºF for over a week.

Big problem for our outdoor rink when the sun makes the ice soft, and the Montana Pond Hockey Classic had to cancel their plans to use the local lake and are planning to relocate to our rink.

I know I'm going to get zero sympathy here considering the above posts but... California winters!

Jn6oZT7l.png

Being from Ontario, I actually do miss cold weather. If nothing else, because I prefer pants and sweaters over shorts and t-shirts.

I know I'm going to get zero sympathy here considering the above posts but... California winters!

Being from Ontario, I actually do miss cold weather. If nothing else, because I prefer pants and sweaters over shorts and t-shirts.

If it makes you feel better you have my vote for ugliest car dashboard....

• Like 1

If it makes you feel better you have my vote for ugliest car dashboard....

Yea I don't know why BMW refuses to get out of the 80s....

poor cali dudes, pond hockey must be a real drag for you guys!

Exactly... we don't even get pond hockey and I miss that!

Jn6oZT7l.png

Oh, cold weather is fine and dandy. Snow is nice, even. Three major snowstorms in as many weeks (with one forecast on Sat/Sun and one next week sometime) dumping nearly a Zdeno Chara's worth of snow on us ... not so much. Especially when it's pounding the daylights out of our already-in-dire-shape transit system, which some of us rely on.