Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chippa13

2010-2011 Gear Sightings

I've seen a lot of guys wearing White 11k's. And not all the flash players, as you'd expect. Colton Orr? But it appears that while Kovalev has also upgraded...Ryan Smyth is still in the 2007 (?) model...anyone have a decent picture?

I've seen a lot of guys wearing White 11k's. And not all the flash players, as you'd expect. Colton Orr? But it appears that while Kovalev has also upgraded...Ryan Smyth is still in the 2007 (?) model...anyone have a decent picture?

White skates aren't for flashy players anymore, Hamrlik has been wearing white skates for at least 3-4 years

Thats the new AK27, which doesn't even look half as good as it's predecessors.

I didn't think so at first but it's grown on me the last month or so I've used it. Its graphics chipped some the first night out with it but since then it's held up better than the last AK27 shafts.

I've always thought that A LOT of the equipment that Ryan Smyth wears is just.. a ton of his old equipment such as Easton AC silver tip, CCM Tacks, etc all dressed up as now..Warrior/Reebok. He's still using Prolite 3 holders.

Here he is 9.23.10 during preseason.

tumblr_la3g3tYvod1qznjgq.jpg

If you look closely.. during the World Championships in May.. he's using a Warrior shaft with a silver tip.. my guess is that's one of his old old Easton AC silver tips dressed up as a Warrior.

tumblr_la3g8t1nhJ1qznjgq.jpg

All of this has probably been touched on before. I still think it's funny that he's somewhat following in Gretzky's footsteps (minus the milestones, scoring titles and Stanley Cups).. Edmonton (with a stop in NYI/Colorado) now.. LA.. what's next? NYC..Rangers? ha

I've always thought that A LOT of the equipment that Ryan Smyth wears is just.. a ton of his old equipment such as Easton AC silver tip, CCM Tacks, etc all dressed up as now..Warrior/Reebok. He's still using Prolite 3 holders.

Here he is 9.23.10 during preseason.

If you look closely.. during the World Championships in May.. he's using a Warrior shaft with a silver tip.. my guess is that's one of his old old Easton AC silver tips dressed up as a Warrior.

All of this has probably been touched on before. I still think it's funny that he's somewhat following in Gretzky's footsteps (minus the milestones, scoring titles and Stanley Cups).. Edmonton (with a stop in Colorado) now.. LA.. what's next? NYC? ha

He uses a real AK27, he just has Warrior add the silver tape at the bottom because he likes it. I know a guy who won a Smyth pro stock, and it was definitely an original AK27.

He uses a real AK27, he just has Warrior add the silver tape at the bottom because he likes it. I know a guy who won a Smyth pro stock, and it was definitely an original AK27.

AH okay! Always wondered about that. Good to know! I was wondering if he somehow got a hold of the last stock of Easton AC shafts. Is it a AK27 or the AK27 shaft...does he switch between both? I've only ever seen him use a shaft/wood blade.

I was flippin through some channels and saw an caught part of an AHL matchup between Chicago and Oklahoma City and a player on the Wolves was usin an ONE90 twig. I'll try to see if I can find pics but I only saw the lower half of his body.

All of this has probably been touched on before. I still think it's funny that he's somewhat following in Gretzky's footsteps (minus the milestones, scoring titles and Stanley Cups).. Edmonton (with a stop in NYI/Colorado) now.. LA.. what's next? NYC..Rangers? ha

Look at his gear, he has it bad for Gretzky. Smyth probably has some sort of homoerotic tattoo of Gretz on his chest.

Look at his gear, he has it bad for Gretzky. Smyth probably has some sort of homoerotic tattoo of Gretz on his chest.

True, but no one has a bigger man love for gretzky than Kevin Smith.

If you find it, be sure to put it in the 2006-2007 thread.

Excuse me for posting about a minor leaguer who is using an old stick for what reason idk. No need to be a smartass.

Excuse me for posting about a minor leaguer who is using an old stick for what reason idk. No need to be a smartass.

You don't know Mack then.

got a good pic of the creepers? I couldn't find one

Nope, I only noticed the gloves after rewatching the game on my DVR because I missed a couple important plays because of a couple distractions(some chicks we went with were making out, haha).

This is what I recall them looking like:

creeperw.jpg