Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Lee-Bro

OEM and Hockeytron

I just got the $30 pro travel bag and I am very impressed with it so far

I picked one up a couple of weeks ago as well, and have been happy with it thus far... just checked out their website and there's a 20% off coupon for the bag, and they now do free shipping... so $26 for that bag is a steal.

I have actually found Tron to among the best online hockey shops out there, their shipping is great (unlike hockey monkey) and their "Tron" Gear is all SMU.

My friend tried out one of their sticks and says any beer leaguer who complains about their performance shouldn't even complain. I wanna try out their blades first and maybe the LE stick.

They are coming out with ice skates too, so I am interested to see the details on those.

was just going to discuss this

They appear to be Easton S17s, which for $199.99 is a steal for anyone looking for a premium skate at a mid level price.

They appear to be Easton S17s, which for $199.99 is a steal for anyone looking for a premium skate at a mid level price.

WOW. If someone can confirm that they're S17s I will pick up a pair for sure...

WOW. If someone can confirm that they're S17s I will pick up a pair for sure...

"Carbon fiber composite boot, pro felt tongue, composite toe cap etc."

That was their response on facebook

If a hockey store (like hockey tron) starts selling these OEM products wouldn't the designing company (in this case, Easton)get mad at them and stop selling them their product. If i were Easton, i would stop selling to hockey tron in a heart beat!

If a hockey store (like hockey tron) starts selling these OEM products wouldn't the designing company (in this case, Easton)get mad at them and stop selling them their product. If i were Easton, i would stop selling to hockey tron in a heart beat!

Easton isn't making the skates for them. They are buying skates from a factory in China. Many of the factories over there will copy anything.

Easton isn't making the skates for them. They are buying skates from a factory in China. Many of the factories over there will copy anything.

Which is exactly why you'd think Easton should have a problem with this, assuming that is what Tron is doing.

I was just looking at Tron's site and after a quick look through I saw only 1 Easton item (senior EQ50 stick). So maybe they don't care what Easton thinks since they aren't carrying much Easton product anyways.

So who is going to sue who for the 4 Roll glove and blade curve designs? The market is too vast to really consider any brand 'unique' or original even.

So who is going to sue who for the 4 Roll glove and blade curve designs? The market is too vast to really consider any brand 'unique' or original even.

There would only be a couple of patented products that would warrant legal action, but all the knock off company would have to do is make minute changes that would skate around the terms of the other company's patent.

So few patents in the hockey industry, it doesn't matter...

Probably because there are so few significant advancements in technology. The Torspo suit was a design patent.

Besides some Pro Stock, what isn't made in China?

I was disappointed to get a Pro Stock X:60 and Total One to find out they weren't Canadian Made. At least my skates are.

Edited by HockeySavants

1. the cost to patent isn't cheap in the grand scheme of things, and, once approved, the cost to enforce the patent when someone violates it (i.e. Bauer vs. Easton)

Well that would be unusual for an industry like this. Certainly the decision to enfore is a strategic (expensive) one. But these companies are going to apply for a patent any small advancement that they can. That goes for the little guys and the big guys. There's a healthy number of published patent applications in the US for Bauer, Easton, Warrior and the random garage inventors. Whether any of them end up being very valuable is another question.

Any further thoughts on the Tron sticks? I ordered one but returned it, completely unused. (It was my issue, not the stick's.)

But I'm still curious as to what people think. I could see it going either way: knockoff sticks that perform just as well (for most players) for considerably less money, or knockoff sticks that have the same specs (weight, composition, look) but significantly diluted performance.

Good sourcing.

As far as the helmet is concerned, it appears to me that they've found an "open" mold. I'd be curious if the helmet comes with HECC/CSA approval.

Jersey wise, it is no different than what Inaria or Kamazu have done.

''CE Approved''

Wouldn't wear that