Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dsjunior1388

2012-2013 Gear Sightings

That's what I don't get. The RS was near perfect in branding. All black, with a hint of yellow on the back. With the marketing in the NHL and at retail, EVERYONE knew what stick brand and model you were using. It was really genius, if you ask me.

That's what I don't get. The RS was near perfect in branding. All black, with a hint of yellow on the back. With the marketing in the NHL and at retail, EVERYONE knew what stick brand and model you were using. It was really genius, if you ask me.

Not everyone pays as close attention. The addition of easton isn't really all that obtrusive. And now there no doubt who makes it, for the person who may not be a gear whore, who wants to know who makes the all black stick.

Not everyone pays as close attention. The addition of easton isn't really all that obtrusive. And now there no doubt who makes it, for the person who may not be a gear whore, who wants to know who makes the all black stick.

Bingo. We all knew who made and which stick was the RS. Now there will be no doubt who makes it. This will be especially important with the Nexus coming out in a very similar graphics package.

I suppose. I just hope that they stick with the 'Stealth' theme rather than going all out Mako style. That would be quite disappointing.

I've seen photos of the new RS somewhere online, I can't remember exactly where unfortunately. The picture also came with the information that the stick was essentially the same as the old one but the problems with the blade durability were fixed. The rest of the stick looks essentially like the Mako but with a different colour scheme. I'll miss the look of the old one :(

I've seen photos of the new RS somewhere online, I can't remember exactly where unfortunately. The picture also came with the information that the stick was essentially the same as the old one but the problems with the blade durability were fixed. The rest of the stick looks essentially like the Mako but with a different colour scheme. I'll miss the look of the old one :(

If that's true, the change in graphics would be needed to tell the first and second generations apart.

Isnt that cheating? They wont use these shoulders and esp. elbows and shins during season

Is what cheating? Taking a picture of Seguin in front of a bunch of Bauer stuff?

Isnt that cheating? They wont use these shoulders and esp. elbows and shins during season

It's called marketing and it works. Truth, fact or accuracy are not relevant.

Is what cheating? Taking a picture of Seguin in front of a bunch of Bauer stuff?

I wasnt talking about taking picture. I was talking about the staff they put on in front of the cameras that they arent going to actually use

New RS, not my photo

b83c16d7.jpg

I can live with that, definitely. Looks way better than what I was picturing in my head.

I wasnt talking about taking picture. I was talking about the staff they put on in front of the cameras that they arent going to actually use

Odds are they were using it for the Pro Camp, which is basically just a marketing event. Whether they actually use that gear during the season is irrelevant. I don't really understand how it's "cheating",

Yep. Thats about it for the RS. It has the Mako "Stripe" on the sides as well.

Someone posted on the Easton Hockey FB page that the new RS has a better blade and that it is a Kevlar woven and not wrapped stick. Again this was only what I read on the FB page today.

If that's true, the change in graphics would be needed to tell the first and second generations apart.

Also distinguishes them from the copy cat designs and the counterfeit ones.

Someone posted on the Easton Hockey FB page that the new RS has a better blade and that it is a Kevlar woven and not wrapped stick. Again this was only what I read on the FB page today.

Haven't the vast majority of Easton's high-end sticks (1st gen RS included) always been wrapped in a woven kevlar layer? :huh:

The specs for the 2012 Easton RS are:

- Elliptical Taper Profile

- Woven Kevlar Shaft

- Increased Blade Stiffness

- Micro Bladder / Multi Rib Blade

- Low Kick Point Flex Profile

- Matte Blade Finish

Flexes: 75, 85, 100, 110

Patterns: Iginla, Parise, Getzlaf, Hall, Cammalleri

The specs for the 2012 Easton RS are:

- Elliptical Taper Profile

- Woven Kevlar Shaft

- Increased Blade Stiffness

- Micro Bladder / Multi Rib Blade

- Low Kick Point Flex Profile

- Matte Blade Finish

Flexes: 75, 85, 100, 110

Patterns: Iginla, Parise, Getzlaf, Hall, Cammalleri

... No Heatley curve? Dammit. Say it ain't so.