Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Krev

Easton Mako Skates

How does the plastidip hold up? If you can just peel it away, wont it start tearing and ripping away in normal play?

How does the plastidip hold up? If you can just peel it away, wont it start tearing and ripping away in normal play?

Most likely, yes.

kduQdh0.jpg

How did you use the plasti dip to do that? Did you take off the cxn holder? and how hard was it...as in does it take any finesse per say. ? Please include details, I am really interested in doing this to my own. Thanks in advance if you respond, oh and can you use plasti dip on the orange on the sides and back tendon guard?

How did you use the plasti dip to do that? Did you take off the cxn holder? and how hard was it...as in does it take any finesse per say. ? Please include details, I am really interested in doing this to my own. Thanks in advance if you respond, oh and can you use plasti dip on the orange on the sides and back tendon guard?

i just used masking tape. I didn't take off the holder. no finesse was really used. I did do 4 coats of plasti-dip. just remember to peel off the tape before the stuff hardens. other than that,,, its pretty easy to do. I didn't do the orange parts.

i just used masking tape. I didn't take off the holder. no finesse was really used. I did do 4 coats of plasti-dip. just remember to peel off the tape before the stuff hardens. other than that,,, its pretty easy to do. I didn't do the orange parts.

Thanks. You used the aerosol kind of plasti dip right?

When I put on Makos right after baking, they feel great. Once they cool though, they seem a touch too short (but seem like a half size up would be way too much). Are these going to break in a bit like another traditional skate might, or is the post-bake fit pretty much always what it will be like?

Edited by OptimusReim

When I put on Makos right after baking, they feel great. Once they cool though, they seem a touch too short (but seem like a half size up would be way too much). Are these going to break in a bit like another traditional skate might, or is the post-bake fit pretty much always what it will be like?

I have the opposite reaction.

It was a long wait, but I was able to get a pair of demo skates (at the ONLY LHS that carried the demos) on and am wearing them right now as I type this. The baking opened them up huge, the heel is more open than I thought it would be and the length opened up so now my big toe only barely touches the end.

I have a couple of skates to try these out on so we'll see. Would hate to get a bad impression these by a bad fit.Then again it isn't too far off than may broken in Vapor XXII's.

We'll see if I have to go down to a 7D from a 7.5D.

I gained a little length after a few skates. Ur heel settles back a little but. Same thing happened with my vapor 4.0

Maybe I'd just better go skating some more.

Mine felt perfect after Baking and feel a tad long long and the ankle a little wider now. But I guess u can heat the ankle up and press according to the video. Next size down was 5.5 and my foot was not going in there. I'm a 8.5 sneaker and 8 maybe could go to 7.5 in dress shoes.

It's weird, according to the Bauer foot measuring thing I should be a 7 in theirs but I wear a 6

I bet after one hard skate length will be perfecy

I played one game already, and my toes were killing me by the end of it. I wonder if my toe being right on the line, if I should have gone up half a size.

I personally would just stretch whatever skate was barely to small. Having a to big of a skate is much worse. And sometimes it takes multiple sessions to get a brand new skate to stretch /expand a bit. I wouldn't throw in the towel just yet.

Edited by hunt3rsean

Made it to a pro shop that carries the Mako. After sizing my foot (9.5EE to 10D) I tried on a pair of 10D Makos. They felt good & snug all around my foot. The only complaint is that there's extreme upward pressure on the inward side of the arch, with lesser but noticeable pressure the entire width of my foot in the arch area. Would baking/spot heating change this? On examining the exterior of the boot & comparing to other brands, the Mako has a much more pronounced/larger arch. Otherwise the fit of these skates are nice.

I'm just bummed after reading everyone else who was so happy when they got them baked, etc that mine didn't work out like that. Still easily the most comfortable skates I've ever worn, aside from being just a touch too short.

The 8D Vapors I had were painful to stand. I was actually able to play an entire game in these, so its definitely a lot better. The Vapors I thought would be okay once they broke in (because they felt great during the baking process), but they were just too painful to skate in to ever possibly break them in. These makos are SO close to being perfect. I've also never experienced such great heel lock as with these (different sized feet with different width ankles makes that hard to fit a stock skate). If they'd just break in a tiny bit they would be amazing.

There seems to be a vertical seam on the end of the toe box that my big toe rubs on. That's the worst part, not even so much the length itself.

Made it to a pro shop that carries the Mako. After sizing my foot (9.5EE to 10D) I tried on a pair of 10D Makos. They felt good & snug all around my foot. The only complaint is that there's extreme upward pressure on the inward side of the arch, with lesser but noticeable pressure the entire width of my foot in the arch area. Would baking/spot heating change this? On examining the exterior of the boot & comparing to other brands, the Mako has a much more pronounced/larger arch. Otherwise the fit of these skates are nice.

Baking the mako changes the fit completely. It's impossible to judge the Mako without baking it.

Very much so, I heated and flattened out the arches considerably with no issue. Used the shop boot stretcher, but be very careful.