Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Krev

Easton Mako Skates

Sorry for double post

I've decided to move my question in the current thread

Got some issues with my Makos after 7 months of using them, around 2-3 times per week

The crack is where silver carbon meets plastic upper of boot, above heel and from outer side of foot

It happened with both of boots, crack on right boot is deeper

Exactly I'm not alone who face with such thing

Here is some pics to describe:

DSC06132.jpg DSC06133.jpg DSC06134.jpg DSC06135.jpg

One store had so-called returns, others none. You can't assume what you read on a board is a widespread issue. There are so many variables, were the skates heat molded correctly, correctly sized, amoung others. From what I've seen this skate is pretty durable and has very few issues if any. Perfect, nope, just like all othe brands, every once in a while a bad one is out there.

issues such as outsole separation are critical issues, it means that the skates aren't that safe and sound in their structure.

To be honest, I've been one of the most enthusiastic about the mako as I'm a mlx user.

However even though mlx's have issues of their own, the skates are very very durable as far as boot construction goes. And that's why I'm disappointed to see such weaknesses in a skate where apparently they are trying to make things right.

Yeah, I made all of this up because I have a vendetta against this skate and Easton as a company.

Get real.

The skates were all sold in my store. I have instructed my staff on how to fit and bake properly.

I don't sit there and question your skill set and professionalism. Why do you feel that you have the right to question mine?

Oh, and I warrantied a set of T1 NXGs today because the tendon guard broke. Are you happy now? Or is that one not my fault?

Calm down. The real is not that you made it up, rather that one can't take everything they read on boards and assume it's a widespread issue. It's common that more negatives are posted on boards and that skews the truth about the product. Not just on hockey boards, but this trend is virtually on every board out there. Every product will have issues, but boards tend to amplify them. That was and is my point.

Sorry for double post

I've decided to move my question in the current thread

Got some issues with my Makos after 7 months of using them, around 2-3 times per week

The crack is where silver carbon meets plastic upper of boot, above heel and from outer side of foot

It happened with both of boots, crack on right boot is deeper

Exactly I'm not alone who face with such thing

Here is some pics to describe:

Didn't you have a separate thread about this?

If you had purchased your skates from a reputable dealer, Easton would be replacing these for you.

Yes I did

Thank you, again

But I've already answered to you - it's impossible to replace by official way

I'm trying to find the way to repair not to replace

I had mako and now I have apx2 and they are both great skates but I like the bauer vapor apx2 more

I had mako and now I have apx2 and they are both great skates but I like the bauer vapor apx2 more

Went to my LHS to buy something and out of interest tried a few skates..ended up buying a Mako in 8D, my previous skate is TotalOne NXG 7.5D

I tried the Mako in 7.5D first, but the toe area was really cramped hurting both my big and little toe. Once I tried the 8D it was perfect in every area, note this was before it was even baked.

This is the first time I tried Mako and was happy with my current TotalOne NXG fit, though in the NXG I find there's a little of empty space in the toe cap and forefoot area..

I put Superfeet insoles to fix this but it only helped a little not all.

As for the Mako fitting it has successfully solved this issue for my fitting, zero negative space from toe to heel even with stock insoles and yet it felt alot more comfortable than my TotalOne NXG.

In terms of volume wise, before I tried the skate I was under the impression that it was low volume like Bauer Vapor line.

But once I put it on my feet the volume is pretty much the same with my NXG skate, if you are interested in this skate I must suggest you to put it on cos for me it was a amazing feel

which made me pull the trigger and buying it. For me I like a really snug fit so I love how the Mako hugged my foot so much, only thing I find annoying is putting on and taking off the skate since the skate is such a snug fit. I don't find this an issue, just need to loosen you laces more and get use to it.

I don't mind trying new products, overall quality of the skate looks good but time will tell. I had some stitching coming undone on my TotalOne NXG after 2 month of use so I'm interested to see how the Mako will hold.

Can't wait to try these skate, but I feel the break in period should be a breeze compared to my NXG which gave me a painful period when new!

Edited by KeepItLow

Doesn't really make it a 'modified' skate. That would mean that every skate that uses a different holder is 'modified'.

Doesn't really make it a 'modified' skate. That would mean that every skate that uses a different holder is 'modified'.

Correct. But the holder is part of the skate. I swapped mine out because I have better steel than Easton's.

I'm digging the Mako 2s. As for my Makos, I'm not on the ice as much as I'd like to be but it seems to be a blessing in disguise. Based on the feedback, it seems like the Makos aren't fairing well in the durability department.

Had mine a couple weeks before release, on the ice average 5 times a week between reffing/playing with zero durability issues.

Still using stock runner/holder

Had a bit of knee strain for the first two weeks on my left side. Then again I've had problems with it before my makos. No problem now it has adjusted to the pitch

I'm interested to know how many people here keep the stock runner/holder on? No knee strains for any of you ?

• Like 1

I'm interested to know how many people here keep the stock runner/holder on? No knee strains for any of you ?

First hockey skate was 2.25 hours (I did a 20 minute public test skate on my friend's skates, prior to buying). Aside from the "Mako bumps" (chafing above outer ankle on both sides), after the 2.25 hour sesh, no issues whatsoever. I thought the pitch would bother knee tendons, but everything was all good. I had problems with other skates, so I am a happy camper :)