Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ogie Oglethorpe

eBay idiot, or not?

You know the pro stock market has lost it's mind when these thrashed gloves are supposed to bring in $65.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-Pro-Stock-Return-Detroit-Vipers-CCM-Gloves-/141085711789?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20d95d1dad

lol. and its the detroit vipers.... maybe the motor city mechanics Chelios pro stocks in this year when he hits the HHOF, but im not paying 70 bucks for some gloves that were beat up, at best, by Sergei Samsonov (if wear is any indication, these were not Bondras lol)

File those next to the Minnesota WIld Oakley's, they've both been on ebay for literally a couple years now. And haven't dropped a penny in all that time.

I would love to buy those xxx gloves but not for $325

File those next to the Minnesota WIld Oakley's, they've both been on ebay for literally a couple years now. And haven't dropped a penny in all that time.

I never understood those listings that never sell and stay on ebay for months, years sometimes with ridiculous prices that never drop. Like this seller, I am following closely some of his items if the prices ever drop, but they never do. He has good stuff but his prices are 4-5 times more than what it should be, and I don't see him selling anything anytime soon unless he comes down to earth and adjusts to the market.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/TAMPA-BAY-LIGHTNING-PRO-STOCK-OFFICIAL-GAME-ISSUED-BAUER-SHELL-COVER-GIRDLE-NEW-/370913859530?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item565c3057ca&_uhb=1

have you ever made an offer? one notorious Ebay seller always lists his pro stock stuff high with the "make offer" option. in my experience with him if you offer him around 50% of his listed price he usually takes it. by listing high with the "make offer" option he allows himself the option of taking whatever offer he wants and no one but the seller and him knows what the selling price actually was.

I guess youre talking about tshirtjunkie. And no, Id rather not make an 100$ offer on a 350$ asking price shell.

maybe I'm missing something here but is there some kind of moral objection to this method?

I'd rather have the ability to offer my own price than a standard buy it now auction. It's still better in my books than the auctions that look like this:

PRO STOCK EASTON MAKO WARRIOR CCM REEBOK RBK JOFA BAUER HOCKEY STICK when it's a Mako M2.

I guess youre talking about tshirtjunkie. And no, Id rather not make an 100$ offer on a 350$ asking price shell.

then you will never own it.

Just ran into another ebay A-Hole, this one selling fake Hockey Fights Cancer Decals. He put the word "custom" in the description - but he is holding them out to be real helmet stickers. He basically just took a .jpg to a printing site and made stickers. He is claiming he printed them with permission of the NHL-HFC store.

At the end of the day it was $6.95 (x 3), but its the principle - this guy is profiting from a charity, and stealing from those who need it. I asked him to refund the money and let me return it, but he doesn't accept returns.

pretty sure this seller also went to the Bruins sale recently so what makes you think she didn't buy them there? even if she did get them from TSR, so what? and what's wrong with profiting? plenty of people on Ebay profit from the items they sell. I wouldn't pay this much for Seguin gloves, especially ones he never wore but someone might make her a decent offer.

pretty sure this seller also went to the Bruins sale recently so what makes you think she didn't buy them there? even if she did get them from TSR, so what? and what's wrong with profiting? plenty of people on Ebay profit from the items they sell. I wouldn't pay this much for Seguin gloves, especially ones he never wore but someone might make her a decent offer.

Considering a few things, Number 1 being I spotted these gloves at TSR literally a month ago & number 2 that I was also at the Bruins sale (#7 in line, slept overnight) and the Seguin Graf Gloves were not for sale there.

And no, there is nothing wrong with making a profit and I also understand it's OBO.

But I thought full disclosure would be appreciated amongst this community just in case someone was interested in the gloves.