Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ogie Oglethorpe

eBay idiot, or not?

Can't really tell, he's a legit seller but everybody can get things wrong now and then..especially at the volume he sells.

What thinks you guys about this one?

Why would it say Iginla? Hasn't he always been with Easton?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BAUER-ONE95-STICK-PRO-NO-RESERVE-OVIECHKIN-CURVE-/170993780320?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27d0060660

I just looked to see if he ever used Bauer. All of his real sticks say "IGGY" and he or the trainer writes his number on the tape.

Not saying it is real. Just think it is interesting.

That is 100% legit. Iginla was struggling back then and used one in practice...it was in the gear sightings thread I believe.

Found these on eBay. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ryan-Getzlaf-Anaheim-Ducks-Pro-Stock-Return-Custom-Easton-Pro-Hockey-Glove-/290887426892?_trksid=p5197.m1992&_trkparms=aid%3D111000%26algo%3DREC.CURRENT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D14%26meid%3D6577012194056860872%26pid%3D100015%26prg%3D1006%26rk%3D1%26sd%3D290887426892%26

I couldn't find any record of Getzlaf having a finger injury so I'm wondering if the sewn together fingers are a standard mod for him. Can't seem to think of any advantages to it

Found these on eBay. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ryan-Getzlaf-Anaheim-Ducks-Pro-Stock-Return-Custom-Easton-Pro-Hockey-Glove-/290887426892?_trksid=p5197.m1992&_trkparms=aid%3D111000%26algo%3DREC.CURRENT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D14%26meid%3D6577012194056860872%26pid%3D100015%26prg%3D1006%26rk%3D1%26sd%3D290887426892%26

I couldn't find any record of Getzlaf having a finger injury so I'm wondering if the sewn together fingers are a standard mod for him. Can't seem to think of any advantages to it

back in the early 2000s i think it was mission used to make a pair of gloves that had the pinking and ring fingers combine. A friend of mine had them and I tried them out and hated them. When I asked the guy in the pro shop he said it was because "a lot of pros stuff those two fingers into one finger in the glove" I didnt buy it. Cant say why Getzlaf has those two stitched

back in the early 2000s i think it was mission used to make a pair of gloves that had the pinking and ring fingers combine. A friend of mine had them and I tried them out and hated them. When I asked the guy in the pro shop he said it was because "a lot of pros stuff those two fingers into one finger in the glove" I didnt buy it. Cant say why Getzlaf has those two stitched

I believe they also made a pair that had the pinky and ring fingers sewn together only on one hand. I forget the model name but they were designated as "right handed" and "left handed" gloves.

i hope this counts as on topic so here goes

im lookin at some skates on ebay from buffalo and it says "NO BROKERAGE FEES INSIDE NORTH AMERICA." is that referring to customs/border taxes? i'm in canada. at first i thought oh maybe cause the graf skates are made in canada it would qualify for the NAFTA but i see its on ALL of their items. just tryin to find out what to expect here.

I believe they also made a pair that had the pinky and ring fingers sewn together only on one hand. I forget the model name but they were designated as "right handed" and "left handed" gloves.

Warp Zero

i hope this counts as on topic so here goes

im lookin at some skates on ebay from buffalo and it says "NO BROKERAGE FEES INSIDE NORTH AMERICA." is that referring to customs/border taxes? i'm in canada. at first i thought oh maybe cause the graf skates are made in canada it would qualify for the NAFTA but i see its on ALL of their items. just tryin to find out what to expect here.

Maybe he ships from Canada?

ebay has a new shipping program. I haven't looked into the details of it, not sure if that may be related.

ooooh never actually looked before. i knew that detroit was on the border pretty much, didnt know buffalo was too. hooray for google maps.

ebay has a new shipping program. I haven't looked into the details of it, not sure if that may be related.

If the shipper is using the new program, there would be all sorts of fees. It's a horrible program.

One of the various times I broke my hand, the doctor told me that the ring and pinky share - a tendon, I think? - and don't move very well independently (compared to index and middle fingers), so I could see players thinking it's easier/more convenient/less possibility of fingers going in wrong directions if they just lump them into one 'finger'? Something like that. Probably way off base.

Maybe he ships from Canada?

Not uncommon for people along the border to drive across and ship from the other side. My understanding is post 9/11 everything shipped across the border requires a broker, even if it's shipped USPS. That's why USPS has a partnership with FedEx. Costs are way up. Shipping back and forth across the border can be costly and a pain. I've seen many Canadian listings on eBay that say will not ship to US.

The difference between USPS and UPS/FedEx is the amount charged brokerage. Mail/regular post on a four hundred dollar item might be less than ten bucks. The other guys charge upwards of fifty seventy dollars.

Chech out "The Final Cost" for brokerage costs on items (estimate only)