Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ogie Oglethorpe

eBay idiot, or not?

"Pro Stock Kovalchuk"

Maybe that's the stick they give when the other team requests to have his checked? :lol:

These sticks were used by pro teams from either CHL, ECHL or AHL hockey teams. These sticks were broken and have been professionally reconditioned. Pro Stock basically means that these sticks are made stronger for professional use. They are typically a better stick than you could buy in a store. Stick Fix is a company that repairs broken composite sticks and has been doing so for the past 2 years. These sticks carry a 30 day warranty on the repaired area. This is a huge bargain for players wanting a $200.00 - $300.00 stick, but can't afford it. These sticks also are 30% stronger in the broken area than they were from the factory. If you have questions about shaft or blade breaks or even breaks in the taper please email. Even if you have a broken stick needing repair we can help.
Oldest hockey stick in the world

I don't think this would qualify for the Good Deal thread. Then again, they are offering free shipping... :unsure:

How many One95 's could you get for a mil?

Oldest hockey stick in the world

I don't think this would qualify for the Good Deal thread. Then again, they are offering free shipping... :unsure:

For that much you'd think they'd throw in a free roll of tape...

Or at least list the curve and lie... :lol:

Maybe the idea is it has no curve so you can add your own? If not do you reakon it was made for a left or right hander? :lol:

Well this one is definitely not a good deal although the gloves are pretty cool. However it looks like someone saw the Oilers gloves go for a ridiculous price so they thought that they'd give it a shot as well.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NHL-PRO-STOCK-WARRIOR-...1QQcmdZViewItem

I don't believe that they are actual Hossa pro-stocks because I don't think that they have Mustang palms.

Well this one is definitely not a good deal although the gloves are pretty cool. However it looks like someone saw the Oilers gloves go for a ridiculous price so they thought that they'd give it a shot as well.

I don't believe that they are actual Hossa pro-stocks because I don't think that they have Mustang palms.

I almost posted that, but I figured they'd sell right after that and disprove the idiot theory. However, I'm almost positive that even if an option isn't on the online customizer, you can talk to Warrior and get pretty much anything you want.

I almost posted that, but I figured they'd sell right after that and disprove the idiot theory. However, I'm almost positive that even if an option isn't on the online customizer, you can talk to Warrior and get pretty much anything you want.

There's no way they're Hossa's gloves. He had the Mustang Palms on his gloves as stated earlier. Also, that is the design that all the Penguins' players (exception being Matt Cooke), using Warrior gloves, seem to be issued this year. And the above poster is correct, I had the EXACT same design made for me by Warrior/MIA. I'd be interested to see what is embroidered on the cuff of the glove. And, correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Hossa had a different cuff on his gloves as well, almost non-existent actually. If you want these gloves bad enough contact Warrior customs, with your own name and number on them they'll be about $50 cheaper.

Hossa's Glove Cuff

There's no way they're Hossa's gloves. He had the Mustang Palms on his gloves as stated earlier. Also, that is the design that all the Penguins' players (exception being Matt Cooke), using Warrior gloves, seem to be issued this year. And the above poster is correct, I had the EXACT same design made for me by Warrior/MIA. I'd be interested to see what is embroidered on the cuff of the glove. And, correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Hossa had a different cuff on his gloves as well, almost non-existent actually. If you want these gloves bad enough contact Warrior customs, with your own name and number on them they'll be about $50 cheaper.

Hossa's Glove Cuff

I wonder if you can call up warrior and ask for the exact same glove Hossa wore with the pens, name and all. They probably keep records, but would they let you do that?

If you can, enterprising e-bayers could have perfect fakes...

If you give them enough money I'm sure Warrior would make you whatever you want. But, eventually someone would probably catch you, then its fraud, and you're screwed.

I wonder if you can call up warrior and ask for the exact same glove Hossa wore with the pens, name and all. They probably keep records, but would they let you do that?

If you can, enterprising e-bayers could have perfect fakes...

If you looked at eBay, you'd see quite a few "fake" pro return gloves... with or without names.

This is just absurd... He says they're Kovalev skates, then goes on to say they are not Kovalev's skates nor were they ever made for Kovalev. Looks like he just took some rubber cement and pasted on some white leather. Look at the pics, they show his process.

http://cgi.ebay.com/BAUER-VAPOR-40-ONE95-C...%3A2%7C294%3A50

In his defense, he gives full disclosure as to what the product is. I think using Kovalev in the description is to get more hits on the auction. I don't really see a problem with it other than the fact that I don't find the skates that attractive. Apparently people do though because he's sold a few pair of these at or around that price.

This is just absurd... He says they're Kovalev skates, then goes on to say they are not Kovalev's skates nor were they ever made for Kovalev. Looks like he just took some rubber cement and pasted on some white leather. Look at the pics, they show his process.

I actually don't mind the look so much. I bet it makes them insanely heavy though.

In his defense, he gives full disclosure as to what the product is. I think using Kovalev in the description is to get more hits on the auction. I don't really see a problem with it other than the fact that I don't find the skates that attractive. Apparently people do though because he's sold a few pair of these at or around that price.

Yea i think he was trying to get hits too, he doesn't say anything that makes him look like an idiot and he says exactly what hes selling... my only question/concern is WHY? what would intrigue someone to do that?

Yea i think he was trying to get hits too, he doesn't say anything that makes him look like an idiot and he says exactly what hes selling... my only question/concern is WHY? what would intrigue someone to do that?

If you mean recover the skates with his own design, the same reason most people are gear whores. They like the look. I, for one, like the look hes achieved. Not enough to spend the money, but I like it none-the-less.

Using Kovalev in the listing is just like people listing something like:

14" CCM four roll 852 tacks gloves EAGLE WARRIOR EASTON.

just drawing more searches in it may be unethical and kind of annoying but not technically illegal.