Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sundinleafs137

2015-16 Gear Sightings

Why is this beginning to remind me of PHEW? :facepalm:

If it was the ugliest skate EVER but fit my foot like a dang dream, you best believe I'd be wearing it with all the pride in the world on the ice.

Right, because you can form a legitimate opinion from one crappy picture. Give me a break.

I have seen the entire line in person, and they look good. The new Tack skate is EXTREMELY impressive.

I saw them in the catalog before I saw them on a skater, and my opinion hasn't changed.

If it was the ugliest skate EVER but fit my foot like a dang dream, you best believe I'd be wearing it with all the pride in the world on the ice.

This basically summarizes why I wear Mako skates. :)

RIGHT?

Some more shots of RNH from the EDM/NYR game the other day.

1297782934052_ORIGINAL.jpg?quality=80&si

1297782934360_ORIGINAL.jpg?quality=80&si

The more I see of them, the more I think it's an improvement over the previous Tacks. I like how it blends an homage to the Heel-Wedge Tacks of the 90's with the Nike Zoom Air Accel Elites, which laid out the pattern for today's cosmeticized boots. I also see the similarities with Graf's G74 and G9035, as well as VH's shiny swooshing rectangles.

1297782934360_ORIGINAL.jpg?quality=80&si

The more I see of them, the more I think it's an improvement over the previous Tacks. I like how it blends an homage to the Heel-Wedge Tacks of the 90's with the Nike Zoom Air Accel Elites, which laid out the pattern for today's cosmeticized boots. I also see the similarities with Graf's G74 and G9035, as well as VH's shiny swooshing rectangles.

i like the way you found pictures of new skates not really touching the ice so much.

I'm more curious about the 1X skates. They look like they have black shot blockers on without the velcro in the back using only the eyelet holes to keep them on.

I'm more curious about the 1X skates. They look like they have black shot blockers on without the velcro in the back using only the eyelet holes to keep them on.

Have been trying to find out who has been making these for a while. I think Stoll and a few others are wearing the all black ones. Not sure if Zuccarrello (sp?) is wearing the same company's but his seem to be a similar fit but with a silver design on them...

Skates worn by TJ Galiardi in Sweden this season, anyone knows what these are?

I like the shot you posted when asking this because it showcases VH's short cut, which is easy to compare to the neighboring Vapors.

From what I read and have heard the next Easton skate is definitely on a bit of delay. Let me start by saying I own mako two and I am a huge fan. the delay I heard is in the design phase. Apparently Easton is continuing to struggle with finding a way to include all there great features without the skates costing so much money or them losing money. Just what I heard.

Interesting. It seems like it's a bit of a struggle to bring the speed skate style construction to the mass-production market. I'm thinking also of Kor's struggles, and VH not being so vocal anymore about "stock" boots.

Spezza has been using a metallic silver Easton stick (maybe a CX) for about two weeks. Unable to post a pic but if you check the Stars game it's hard to miss.